New Member Introductions thread
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #6,691 of 15,533
Hello everyone,

Have been lurking on this forum for a real long time.
You guys have provided me with a lot of perspective on all the headphones and earphones I have purchased over the past 5 years.
Currently in search of a new setup to take my listening experience to the next level.

Thanks for letting me be apart of this community.
Just ask questions! You have tons of nice people in this community :)
Hey guys,

Been a lurker here for a while. Went to the AZ HeadFi meet and had a blast listening to a bunch of different headphones, IEMs and amps!
Meets are incredibly good times! I am in the process of having another meet at the store I work for, MTME here in Pittsburgh PA. Too bad you are across the country, since you and everyone else would be more then welcome to attend.
Hello everyone. I’m Matt. I’ve been lurking for a little while. Thanks for this community and for sharing your knowledge of all things audio. My goal, or mission, is to learn more about portable digital audio so that I can make my music listening experience as thrilling as it once was. It’s become apparent that the thrill can be costly, but it’s really cool to see so many people coming together for a shared passion. One day I’d like to attend an expo, convention, show, or local gathering. Thanks again.
I highly recommend that you (and everyone else) try to make it to a local meet, and if possible a CanJam. The next will be in Feb and thats CanJam NY. I went last year and it was a blast. Its nice to meet members that you have been talking with for a while and never got to put a face to the name. Not to mention how fun the exhibit is ha.
Hey, my name's Brian, I have recently been getting into audio and I think now would be a good time to make an account. I went to RMAF and was amazed by some of the setups there and decided to start a collection of my own.

So far I'm set up with ie800, Fostex th-x00 ebony (thanks @Galm !) and a Chord Mojo. Looking for a desktop amp and possibly a phono setup right now, I'll be sure to post over in the recommendation threads soon.
I have been talking with @Galm for a bit now and never put a face to the name until I met him at RMAF. Really nice guy! He just better make my meet that I am holding in the store in a few months from now... No pressure Galm :wink: LOL.

Btw @Faucet_Evangelist you look like you got a good set up started there. I hope you enjoy it. I heard a bunch of DAPS at RMAF that surprised me. I am glad to see so much competition in that market. There is a ton of selection now and a lot are affordable. The daps from Pioneer I thought were impressive for the price.

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #6,693 of 15,533
Just ask questions! You have tons of nice people in this community :)

Meets are incredibly good times! I am in the process of having another meet at the store I work for, MTME here in Pittsburgh PA. Too bad you are across the country, since you and everyone else would be more then welcome to attend.

I highly recommend that you (and everyone else) try to make it to a local meet, and if possible a CanJam. The next will be in Feb and thats CanJam NY. I went last year and it was a blast. Its nice to meet members that you have been talking with for a while and never got to put a face to the name. Not to mention how fun the exhibit is ha.

I have been talking with @Galm for a bit now and never put a face to the name until I met him at RMAF. Really nice guy! He just better make my meet that I am holding in the store in a few months from now... No pressure Galm :wink: LOL.

Btw @Faucet_Evangelist you look like you got a good set up started there. I hope you enjoy it. I heard a bunch of DAPS at RMAF that surprised me. I am glad to see so much competition in that market. There is a ton of selection now and a lot are affordable. The daps from Pioneer I thought were impressive for the price.
You met him Craig :) He was the guy with me haha. I corrupted @Faucet_Evangelist into joining the hobby hehe.

And I'll still make it as long as it's not like Thanksgiving or too far into December.

Where dat Hugo 2 at is the real question :p

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #6,694 of 15,533
You met him Craig :) He was the guy with me haha. I corrupted @Faucet_Evangelist into joining the hobby hehe.

And I'll still make it as long as it's not like Thanksgiving or too far into December.

Where dat Hugo 2 at is the real question :p
Haha! I love that you hit me back with the Hugo 2 comment. Well played sir! If only you wanted a silver one... ha. But I got you man. You have easily been the most patient customer we ever had. No lie!!

@Faucet_Evangelist nice to see you in the threads, and nice meeting you at RMAF!

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #6,695 of 15,533
Haha! I love that you hit me back with the Hugo 2 comment. Well played sir! If only you wanted a silver one... ha. But I got you man. You have easily been the most patient customer we ever had. No lie!!

@Faucet_Evangelist nice to see you in the threads, and nice meeting you at RMAF!
You know I'm kidding haha, I know it's out of your control. I just think Chord's shipping abilities are hilarious at this point.

Also this is still the warm up wait, Aficionado I ordered two months before Hugo 2 and I won't have it until like late January at the earliest haha.

We'll almost definitely both be heading down when it arrives, possibly another friend too. Maybe the stars will align and my Fostex will arrive so I can bring it down, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #6,696 of 15,533
Hi All New Member here, have been a lurker for some time, thought I would finally join up..

currently awaiting some Nura Headphones to arrive...

Current portable rig : Pono with Ear sonic SM64's

I do suffer from GAS and have a long wish list ...

Cheers
G

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #6,698 of 15,533
Always been an audio head just never really belong anywhere, so here I am. Finding some belonging.

Current gear:
Denon ADH2000
Goldring DR150
Xiaomi Pro HD
Xiaomi Hybrids
1More Triple Driver
Fiio A3
Fiio L16
Hippo Amp

On-Order
AKG x MD K7XX
CEntrance DACport Slim