New Member Introductions thread
Sep 27, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #6,556 of 15,605
Apparently I've been a member on here since 2014? I guess I registered here when I purchased by second pair of DT 990's.

Anyway I've been driving my headphones off onboard Asus Z270F audio since the beginning of the year and while it was decent the volume and power was definitely lacking. I could max out the volume and still get no where close to my limit of loudness.

I decided I wanted to step up my audio game and get a little more serious about this. Picked up a Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 2 late last week. I REALLY lucked out on this as I was bidding on a Magni 2 and Modi 2 stack non ubers on eBay with a max bid of $150. After getting out bid I said screw it for this much I'd rather just buy brand new. Headed over to Schiit's website and realized the Magni 3 had literally just come out a few days ago.

I'm really happy with this setup but already looking at different headphones and I'm probably trying to go too fast as I was looking at HD800S' LCD-X/LCD-3.

I'm considering stepping up to DT 1990's, LCD-2.2, HD650's or even HD800's non S version as I believe that's a more realistic upgrade path.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #6,557 of 15,605
Hi, just a short presentation, first and foremost, thank you to those members that keep pouring knowledge in our noobs ears!!!
I am not an audiophile, I just like my music to sound good.
I have used this forum as a lurker a few times to gather information on possible new acquisitions, the time was about right to be a member.
Now I need a DAP, I really need it... although a month ago I did't even know that was a thing, needles to say what DAP meant.
I have a million questions I am solving reading this board, and in this process many more arise, you know the feeling.

Thank you for having me here I will try to disturb as little as possible and keep it clean and tidy.

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #6,558 of 15,605
Apparently I've been a member on here since 2014? I guess I registered here when I purchased by second pair of DT 990's.

Anyway I've been driving my headphones off onboard Asus Z270F audio since the beginning of the year and while it was decent the volume and power was definitely lacking. I could max out the volume and still get no where close to my limit of loudness.

I decided I wanted to step up my audio game and get a little more serious about this. Picked up a Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 2 late last week. I REALLY lucked out on this as I was bidding on a Magni 2 and Modi 2 stack non ubers on eBay with a max bid of $150. After getting out bid I said screw it for this much I'd rather just buy brand new. Headed over to Schiit's website and realized the Magni 3 had literally just come out a few days ago.

I'm really happy with this setup but already looking at different headphones and I'm probably trying to go too fast as I was looking at HD800S' LCD-X/LCD-3.

I'm considering stepping up to DT 1990's, LCD-2.2, HD650's or even HD800's non S version as I believe that's a more realistic upgrade path.
If you have a good grasp of what your tastes are for sound then jumping up like that might not be as big of a deal. BUT if you are hearing more and more stuff and thinking "wow I didn't know I would like _________ that much!" Then maybe an HD800 over the S would make more sense in the time being. And same goes for a 650 over an LCD2 ect ect.

My tastes have jumped majorly from the beginning of this journey and It is finally starting to settle in. It took me around a year and a half of listening to realize what is most important to me. Even then I still bounce between headphones because of my current mood!

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #6,560 of 15,605
Hi guys,

Seems new accounts have to post here first.

I just bought a Sennheiser HD800S, a schiit modi multibit and a magni 3.
My actual setup is a Fidelio X2 and Soundblaster ZxR (which i like a lot). I also have a K712 pro, a Beyer DT880 and a broken Audio Technica ATH-A900 that i loved (my first real headsets).
So you can see i am making quite a big leap in the audio world.

I would like to be able to talk with others in the schiit and HD800 forums if a modo can give me access :wink:

Thanks !

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #6,561 of 15,605
Hi guys,

Been lurking on Head-fi for a while now so feels good to finally join!
Definitely an audio noob, but looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully meet some of you as well.

I’ve always loved my music but only recently upgraded my setup to enjoy it.
Current setup is Schiit Stack 2 --> HD650/ TH-X00 PH, but keen to upgrade the dac/amp soon.

Thinking of signing up for the LCX on Massdrop and upgrading my DAC by the time it ships in Feb 2018…but hoping the forums on head-fi will help me decide!
For the time being I’m happy with the Schiit Stack, loving both my headphones, and looking forward to developing as an audiophile.

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #6,562 of 15,605
Hello everyone !

I've been lurking for a couple of month and decided it was time to join you guys.
I'm actually in the market to buy my first wireless Bluetooth earbuds.
I randomly came across the new Meizu EP52 that I found really attractive and read good things about the original iteration the EP51.
Though they came out 1 month ago I still didn't find any feedback or reviews on here so I though I'd come and ask or eventually open a thread.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/23/...dual-camera-smartphone-bluetooth-earbuds-ep52

Just want the opinion of the experts before buying :)

Sep 28, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #6,563 of 15,605
Hiya all,

Been reading this forum for years. Have probably more gear than I should. Would be nice to downsize a bit and maybe upgrade to fewer, but nicer material.

Haven't heard a lot about the Shure SRH1540 here, but I can't wait to get them back. Been parted with them for a couple years even though I've got other cans to keep me company - it's funny how you crave that which you don't have sometimes.

Cheers y'all

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #6,564 of 15,605
What's up my dudes,

Joined the forum because I started to find a lot interest in the audiophile world. Currently I only have some M50x's, ad700x for gaming and some Shure SE215.

Just had a quick question; what are the requirements to start replying in other topics? I need insight in a DIY post but I don't have permission.

Thanks! And glad to have joined:darthsmile:

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #6,565 of 15,605
Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker for the last couple months and finally decided it was time to join up. Currently own a couple of low/mid cans in the M50 (original) and AKG K712. Also have some LZ A4 and VE Monk+ on the way from Massdrop.

I've always loved a diverse mix of music including hardstyle, trance, ambient, drone, and progressive/technical metal. Always open to whatever suggestions you have as well!

Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future at a CanJam maybe!

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #6,567 of 15,605
hey there, ive seen some of the reviews here, very informative for a newbie. yes, im quite new to this stuff, but its interesting and i hope i learn more fast xD. oh, and just a question, does anyone know if the e-onkyo site (the japan one) has started checking the credit card origin point to allow/disallow the purchase? (i.e. only allowing japanese credit cards to be used)

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #6,570 of 15,605
Hey everyone. LONG LONG LONG time lurker. I'll start out by saying thank you to this community for being an awesome place to learn so much about the hobby of listening and making some great purchasing decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back