New Member Introductions thread
Sep 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #6,526 of 15,537
cool! feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of people here to help. Me included!

-Craig

Thanks! I was just in a thread where I was recommended the TH-X00 headphones so I just ordered those. Very helpful people here. :)

Is discussion of microphones allowed on these forums as well? Since i'm getting standalone headphones I was wondering what kind of extra mic I should get for gaming.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #6,528 of 15,537
Hi, I'm new here. Live in nyc, main set up is a pair of monitors using ribbons and focal kevlar mids, tube integrated amp and the NAD M51 DAC. Also have a set of AKG 701s for after my better half goes to bed. I'm looking to try out an R2R dac to potentially replace my M51, specifically been looking at the Yggy gen 5 usb and the Holo Spring dacs. Would love to hear these somewhere in NYC if anyone is around. Will bring pizza and beer!

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #6,529 of 15,537
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #6,530 of 15,537
Hi, I'm new here. Live in nyc, main set up is a pair of monitors using ribbons and focal kevlar mids, tube integrated amp and the NAD M51 DAC. Also have a set of AKG 701s for after my better half goes to bed. I'm looking to try out an R2R dac to potentially replace my M51, specifically been looking at the Yggy gen 5 usb and the Holo Spring dacs. Would love to hear these somewhere in NYC if anyone is around. Will bring pizza and beer!
This is cool.. I think there is a meet-up thread somewhere...

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #6,532 of 15,537
Hello, I'm new to the forums here but have been active on other sites and using headroom(this is gone now I think) and headfi as a resource since I bought my ath-m50 in 2009. I'm looking to make some signifficant purchases soon, signifficant to me anyway, so I figured I'd join in order to get more direct advice than just reading other people's threads. Right now I have a fx audio dac x6 and a dragonfly gen 1 as sources, and I use a dt990-250(pretty heavy EQ), Sony XBA-h1, hyperx cloud, and beatsx with them. I listen to trance music with vocals primarily, here is one of my most used playlists
461b71c2ba062ad17dea4c059e94a32f.png

Seems like it's advised to post here before posting else where so I figured I would.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #6,534 of 15,537
Hi, my name is David, and I'm a music production and hifi gear addict. I've been a lurker here for quite some time, but it's about time I interact a bit more. Currently starting to explore the addictive and time burning world of tube rolling with a Schiit Mjolnir amp.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #6,536 of 15,537
Hi, I'm ...... uh.... just call me ted
been lurking at this forum for a long while now and decided to participate
Currently saving money to buy a DAP; NW A25/26 or NW A35/36, still not sure which one (anyone have use both? haaallp!)
Also not sure whether to buy that first or DAC/AMP for my PC

IEM I currently have are Tennmak Pro, 1MD Piston Pro, Shure SE425, and Soundmagic E10S
for headphones, currently only one ATH M50x

Anyway, nice too meet you guys, and dont be harsh on me

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #6,537 of 15,537
Hi, Head-fi told me to post here so here I am. My name is Max and I am a budding audiophile. right now I'm mostly listening to stuff with my Shure se215s and an old pair of AKG k340 electrostatic-dynamic headphones.
ive been lurking for a long time here but this is the first time I've posted anything. Gotta say, not enough love for Rush here but still love this site.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #6,538 of 15,537
Hi guys! My name's Rui and I'm an AA. JK :o2smile:

Just got across this website the other day forwarded from another website. It took me to Mad Lust Envy's post about gaming headphones.
I'm really looking forward to be able to post so I can get all the info regarding headphones!
Have a good one guys!

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #6,539 of 15,537
Hey guys, Christian here -- I'm an all-around audio-head and reviewer. I write for a range of outlets, including Digital Trends, TechRadar, Business Insider, and I run HeadphoneReview.com. Not really here to promote my writing -- just to learn and share with what seems to be an awesome community!

Sep 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #6,540 of 15,537
Hi I am Prabeer, just joined forum, though have been reading reviews on it for sometime now. My love for music is what attracted me to this hobby. I currently own the Audeze EL8 Titanium, RHA T 20i, Chord Mojo, Cayin N3 and recently acquired the Oriolus BA10 tube amp. I am also actively considering getting a ciem, need to decide between the JH Audio Roxanne and Noble Kaiser Encore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back