New Member Introductions thread
Oct 2, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,572 of 15,569
Hiya all,

Been reading this forum for years. Have probably more gear than I should. Would be nice to downsize a bit and maybe upgrade to fewer, but nicer material.

Haven't heard a lot about the Shure SRH1540 here, but I can't wait to get them back. Been parted with them for a couple years even though I've got other cans to keep me company - it's funny how you crave that which you don't have sometimes.

Cheers y'all
The brain is really powerful my friend! You can get a headphones flavor stuck in your head, and then you combine that with unconscious thoughts about the enjoyment you once had with it and BAM! It creates the thought- "dang I miss that...." Sometimes you can get the headphone back and its all gravy again. Sometimes its not as great as you "remember it being". I hope its the former for you! :)

Oct 2, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #6,573 of 15,569
Hey everyone. LONG LONG LONG time lurker. I'll start out by saying thank you to this community for being an awesome place to learn so much about the hobby of listening and making some great purchasing decisions.
RustPitchfork, first off great name! (hope we never run into each other though... OUCH). Secondly- hearing your message is refreshing, so thank you.

Oct 2, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #6,574 of 15,569
Hi everyone! I've been reading posts on these forums forever but finally decided to join because I have so many headphones and have learned so much I think I might actually have something to contribute. I have mostly bass-oriented headphones, but I'm not a total basshead (I never took the leap to sz2000's).

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #6,575 of 15,569
Nice to be with all of you fellow wifi friend. Mostly love good sound coming from headphones. I believe that (as i have allready read forum's messages) there are so many things someone can find out here! GLAD to be in this big community!

Oct 2, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #6,576 of 15,569
hello there! I've just joined today.

more into the music than the equipment is my motto xD

I am in love with my newly arrived HD700. I am researching for buying a balanced cable pairing with upcoming Auralic Gemini 2000 (guess they are not easy to buy anymore). I love slightly warm signature, and hopefully, it can 'fix' some of HD700's treble problem.

Any suggestions please welcome !

Oct 2, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #6,577 of 15,569
hello there! I've just joined today.

more into the music than the equipment is my motto xD

I am in love with my newly arrived HD700. I am researching for buying a balanced cable pairing with upcoming Auralic Gemini 2000 (guess they are not easy to buy anymore). I love slightly warm signature, and hopefully, it can 'fix' some of HD700's treble problem.

Any suggestions please welcome !
Welcome aboard, @torson!! Super sorry about your wallet... ---)

Oct 2, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #6,578 of 15,569
Hi all. A new joiner from downunder.

I've just started to enjoy high fidelity equipment. I'm not sure how far I'll be going but finding that out is part of the fun, albeit it could be an expensive journey.

Currently own a Philips Fidelio X2. Great headphone for gaming and bass focused music.
I'm now looking for a mid to high range headphone specifically for music, namely acoustics, and currently eyeing the Sennheiser HD650 or MD HD6xx.
Currently listening on a Asus Strix Z270 onboard audio, which seems to do the job adequately, but will soon be the proud owner of a MD O2+SDAC DAC/amp.

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #6,580 of 15,569
Hi all. A new joiner from downunder.

I've just started to enjoy high fidelity equipment. I'm not sure how far I'll be going but finding that out is part of the fun, albeit it could be an expensive journey.

Currently own a Philips Fidelio X2. Great headphone for gaming and bass focused music.
I'm now looking for a mid to high range headphone specifically for music, namely acoustics, and currently eyeing the Sennheiser HD650 or MD HD6xx.
Currently listening on a Asus Strix Z270 onboard audio, which seems to do the job adequately, but will soon be the proud owner of a MD O2+SDAC DAC/amp.
I love when aussies refer to being "downunder". so cool! ha. Welcome aboard. I think the HD650 OR HD600 have great mids! Just depends on how warm you like your headphones...

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #6,585 of 15,569
Hello there. I came across these forums while researching gear. Im im the process of upgrading from some cheap 80s equipment to higher end vintage gear. I got back into music about 4 months ago after aquiring a free Sherwood turntable. I bought some decent powered bookshelfs and a pre-amp. Now that Ive got the basics I can slowly hunt for deals and find exactly what I want.

I also hope to start repairing gear. I just have to start aquiring test and repair equipment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back