New Member Introductions thread
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #6,482 of 15,649
Pretty popular thread :D
I joined HeadFi 5 years ago in 2012 when I moved to US from Ukraine.
Back in a days I was looking for fun phones and got Sony XB500 :p
Since then my wallet got a bit thicker and Its time to buy some new toys
What I have is few simple amps O2, Fiio E5, SMSL Audio Sap-II PRO, Denon E300
and few phones that I love HD558, HD650, HD700..on theirs way HD800, HE-400i, Beyer 990Pro
considering Beyer Amiron Home but have no idea if there is any HiFi store in New Orleans - Baton Rouge area to try before

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #6,483 of 15,649
Hello another new here, I've many Headphones the last one is never the last one....

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #6,487 of 15,649
Hello there,I'm a new member from Norwich UK. Nice to be here. I love sound! :)
A local eh, I was up in Suffolk a short while ago visiting friends and listening to my new head gear for a week. No need for noise cancelling there!!
Welcome to the family and I would strongly advise you to get yourself a weekend pass for London CanJam next July. You never know, might even see you there :L3000:

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,488 of 15,649
Hello,

I have just registered to this forum and this is my first post. I'm from Finland and my background is acoustic engineering.

Some 5 years ago I discovered headphone crossfeed and it revolutionized my listening habits from mostly loudspeakers to mostly headphones. I have been designing and constructing passive DIY crossfeeders based on existing designs and studying how headphone crossfeed should be done.

My current main headphone is Sennheiser HD 598. I drive it from a DIY crossfeeder/headphone adapter connected to the B-speaker terminals of my NAD T762 amplifier. The setup serves me very well.

I feel I have something to contribute especially in the area of headphone crossfeed, so I decided to join the forum.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #6,489 of 15,649
Hello,

I have just registered to this forum and this is my first post. I'm from Finland and my background is acoustic engineering.

Some 5 years ago I discovered headphone crossfeed and it revolutionized my listening habits from mostly loudspeakers to mostly headphones. I have been designing and constructing passive DIY crossfeeders based on existing designs and studying how headphone crossfeed should be done.

My current main headphone is Sennheiser HD 598. I drive it from a DIY crossfeeder/headphone adapter connected to the B-speaker terminals of my NAD T762 amplifier. The setup serves me very well.

I feel I have something to contribute especially in the area of headphone crossfeed, so I decided to join the forum.
That's cool, sounds like you could certainly contribute some of your knowledge to Head-Fi. I mainly listen with headphones but today the house was empty so it was time for my Harbeths to sing and how lovely they not only sound but feel as well. Welcome to the family

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #6,490 of 15,649
That's cool, sounds like you could certainly contribute some of your knowledge to Head-Fi. I mainly listen with headphones but today the house was empty so it was time for my Harbeths to sing and how lovely they not only sound but feel as well. Welcome to the family
Thanks KEV G for your warm words! Listening to loudspeakers has it's enchantment plus there is no need to wear headphones, comfortable or not. However, IMO good headphones + adequate amplification + proper crossfeed* ensures a level of fidelity not possible with loudspeakers at my budget.

* This seems to vary among people, but when I discovered crossfeeding, I realized how sensitive my head is to spatial distortion caused by excessive stereo separation. Maybe part of this is my acoustic engineering background and how it allows me to understand the unnatural aspect of excessive stereo separation.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #6,491 of 15,649
Thanks KEV G for your warm words! Listening to loudspeakers has it's enchantment plus there is no need to wear headphones, comfortable or not. However, IMO good headphones + adequate amplification + proper crossfeed* ensures a level of fidelity not possible with loudspeakers at my budget.

* This seems to vary among people, but when I discovered crossfeeding, I realized how sensitive my head is to spatial distortion caused by excessive stereo separation. Maybe part of this is my acoustic engineering background and how it allows me to understand the unnatural aspect of excessive stereo separation.
You have certainly come to the right place. I'll look forward to reading your comments. You might find "the iem/earbud Lounge" an interesting thread. Nice chilled out thread with good people. Pop over and say hello

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,492 of 15,649
Hello All! Long time lurker and 57 pages into Baldr's "What a long, strange trip it's been" thread.

I'm a computer/network automation engineer by trade, but have long been deeply into music. A drummer in my early years and wrote a few pieces for our marching band in high school.

Finally getting more into headphones as I've only focused on surround sound and a movie theater experience in the past.

My current collection is low to mid end Sennheiser HD598/598cs/soon to arrive hd650
Sony Mdr-1000x
Etymotic e6i and a whole range of lower end iems.

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #6,493 of 15,649
Hello All! Long time lurker and 57 pages into Baldr's "What a long, strange trip it's been" thread.

I'm a computer/network automation engineer by trade, but have long been deeply into music. A drummer in my early years and wrote a few pieces for our marching band in high school.

Finally getting more into headphones as I've only focused on surround sound and a movie theater experience in the past.

My current collection is low to mid end Sennheiser HD598/598cs/soon to arrive hd650
Sony Mdr-1000x
Etymotic e6i and a whole range of lower end iems.
Sounds like your wallet is about to take a beating, my sympathies. Welcome to the family

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #6,494 of 15,649
heya, new guy here checking in from the seattle area, i'll happen to be with in shot of the RM can jam a few weeks from now and if things line up i really hope to see you guys there, i don't have much in the way of gear right and something like can jam would REALLY give me the direction i've been wanting for so long now, i'd just to love to hear all of the different brands and gear out there and discover alot about myself and preferences... you can invest all of the time in the world reading about this stuff but until you actually invest your money you have no idea as to what your going to get or even what to expect..... i'd imagine it'd take a number of pairs of good headphones to come to the understanding of what sound houses you like, which you don't and all of the other little nuances between all of the different models and set-ups....i have no idea really as to where i should really start, lol....

i just hope i can order can jam tickets the night before if i can get over there in time...really sucks because I'll be in denver mid-week next week for a few days bumming around the park and then i'm meeting some freinds in jackson,wy for the tetons and yellowstone.... if i can get everyone off in time i'll quite happily drive back to denver to check this out, a tank of gas is going to be much much cheaper than investing into a bunch of equipment that i'm going to either have to eat or take a hit on becuase it simply doesn't fit what i like...really wish there were better places with alot of this gear locally so i could go play around with it and give it a listen before i buy....

This is kinda a difficult hobby to get going in, lol. anyways, thanks for having me and hope to see you guys around in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back