New Member Introductions thread
Aug 25, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #6,346 of 15,538
Hi there,
I'm from Nz and a newbie audiophile. Since I bought my HD800S with HDVD800 amp I couldn't go back to anything less and now trying to find the best setup I can get. Recently bought the Chord Hugo 2 but still waiting for it to arrive next week.
Welcome @DrLunaDjangoRex! That's a sweet rig you've got. Will be interested to hear how you like the Hugo 2 when it arrives. Let us know after you have had a listen and again, welcome to Head-fi!

Aug 26, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #6,348 of 15,538
Been reading head-fi on and off for a few years now. I've owned a pair of K240 600ohm versions since the late 1990s and still love them. It's nice to finally join a community of like-minded audio enthusiasts. :)
Welcome Samir. I also have K240's one is the K240 Monitors and the other is the K240 Sextetts. Both are fairly hard to power but I have a couple of amps to make them rock : )

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #6,349 of 15,538
The best experiences I have ever had with my K240's has actually been on international flights--they can be driven hard enough by the seat plugs to drown out all the crying babies for 12hrs straight. :k701smile: And it's only at the 14hr mark that my ears start to hurt, but only the outsides as my ears are still fatigue free. I've used them mainly for practicing my own vocals and listening to my own mix and the details that you can't hear on just 'headphones'.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #6,350 of 15,538
Yes crying babies are the worst I agree. Never had flown that long in one stretch. Did a 26 hr flight on a smaller plane that had to stop 3 times to refuel from Diego Garcia to New York back in the late 80's when I was in the Navy still it was pretty rough.

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #6,351 of 15,538
Hey guys! I've been looking around headfi for a month now and finally got around signing up :)
My current rig is just a simple InEar StageDiver 2 thats having a bit of connection issue... I decided to enter the forbidden custom territory and got around to picking up a UE 18+ Pro! Im waiting for it to be done and sent to me and i really really cant wait at all! I also have a chord mojo that I ordered from Massdrop thats coming my way as well.
The audiophile path sure is a expensive one! I thought i would be happy alone with a CIEM but i tested out a couple of headphones and was immediately drawn into the cartegory as well! I'll be around looking for a potential solo amp or amp/dac combination for a pair of used hd800s im eyeing, anyone have some recommendations for a solo amp or amp/dac that can power the beast? Im kind of inclined towards avoiding a new DAC as i think the mojo will serve me well enough in that department, but if the results of a AMP/DAC combo is phenomenal, I dont mind checking it out!

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #6,352 of 15,538
Hi All,

it's good to be here as little part of this community.

I'm Marcin from Poland (EU) - an audio enthusiast. My personal journey into audio world started about 30 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser HD-424 (i still have it). Right now with AKG q701, Sennheiser HD-570, Momentum In-Ears, and couple more crappy labels already owned, i'm trying to stop myself from buying another new pair (as you all know it's an addiction :))

Recent:
Headphones: AKG Q701, Sennheiser HD-570, Sennheiser HD-424, Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears, Klipsch Status.
Amp: Yamamoto HA-02

Wishlist:
- Denon D600 / Ultrasone Pro 900 (or other closed at reasonable price)

...... tons of other stuff :)

I 'll do my best to interact as much as i can with other members.

Regards,
Marcin

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #6,353 of 15,538
Hi All,

it's good to be here as little part of this community.

I'm Marcin from Poland (EU) - an audio enthusiast. My personal journey into audio world started about 30 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser HD-424 (i still have it). Right now with AKG q701, Sennheiser HD-570, Momentum In-Ears, and couple more ****ty labels already owned, i'm trying to stop myself from buying another new pair (as you all know it's an addiction :))

Recent:
Headphones: AKG Q701, Sennheiser HD-570, Sennheiser HD-424, Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears, Klipsch Status.
Amp: Yamamoto HA-02

Wishlist:
- Denon D600 / Ultrasone Pro 900 (or other closed at reasonable price)

...... tons of other stuff :)

I 'll do my best to interact as much as i can with other members.

Regards,
Marcin
Welcome aboard, Marcin! Super sorry about your wallet... ---)

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #6,354 of 15,538
Hey guys! I've been looking around headfi for a month now and finally got around signing up :)
My current rig is just a simple InEar StageDiver 2 thats having a bit of connection issue... I decided to enter the forbidden custom territory and got around to picking up a UE 18+ Pro! Im waiting for it to be done and sent to me and i really really cant wait at all! I also have a chord mojo that I ordered from Massdrop thats coming my way as well.
The audiophile path sure is a expensive one! I thought i would be happy alone with a CIEM but i tested out a couple of headphones and was immediately drawn into the cartegory as well! I'll be around looking for a potential solo amp or amp/dac combination for a pair of used hd800s im eyeing, anyone have some recommendations for a solo amp or amp/dac that can power the beast? Im kind of inclined towards avoiding a new DAC as i think the mojo will serve me well enough in that department, but if the results of a AMP/DAC combo is phenomenal, I dont mind checking it out!
Whats your budget Zomgnoob for an amp, or amp/dac?

The Mojo is really tough to beat, especially if portability is something desirable to you. I know people that are more then content using it in their 2 channel set ups. I am using it right now with a pair of T1v2s, and love it.

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #6,355 of 15,538
Whats your budget Zomgnoob for an amp, or amp/dac?

The Mojo is really tough to beat, especially if portability is something desirable to you. I know people that are more then content using it in their 2 channel set ups. I am using it right now with a pair of T1v2s, and love it.
Hello there Craig!
I definitely got the mojos for portability for my IEMs. However, I have heard that the mojos are arent able to entirely power the HD800S and im just looking for a amp simple enough to do just that. My budget is probably about 500USD and but if a simple device like the lower end of schiits would be sufficent to power the beast. I do not mind going a cheaper route if the end result is not too significantly different!

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6,357 of 15,538
Hello there Craig!
I definitely got the mojos for portability for my IEMs. However, I have heard that the mojos are arent able to entirely power the HD800S and im just looking for a amp simple enough to do just that. My budget is probably about 500USD and but if a simple device like the lower end of schiits would be sufficent to power the beast. I do not mind going a cheaper route if the end result is not too significantly different!
I have the HD-800's and the Mojo is more than enough for them so the S's should be no different.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #6,360 of 15,538
I have the HD-800's and the Mojo is more than enough for them so the S's should be no different.

I have heard that from some people as well! Im scrolling through the HD800s thread and many have powered through the mojos alone, however some also have mentioned a bit of difference when they get a dedicated amp, its really hard for me to find out which is true haha!
The ifi micro Black Label also does a nice job with them.
Thats great to know, i was deciding between the black labels and mojos but ultimately went with the latter due to the resounding compliments coming from others (which i hope is true).
I've been looking around at Schiit products and wasnt sure if a simple Val 2 or Lyr would be a good amp for it. I'll visit the HD800S threads once i get my hands on the headphones though! Still looking to deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back