New Member Introductions thread
Dec 28, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #4,788 of 15,539
Hi everyone,

Finally joining the community after 3-4 years of rummaging around the site reading interesting tid bits about headphones and the like during my spare time as a student.

I look forward to interacting with everyone in the near future!

Best regards,

Mina

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #4,789 of 15,539
Good afternoon,

Only very recently i started to look and search for sound related all kind of things, and still in the learning process.

In the middle of it i stumbled in this awesome forum, I'm here more in the look for some help but also to keep checking it for news and learn some more.

Best wishes for everyone \o/

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,790 of 15,539
Hello everyone, decided to create an account on this forum to look for help regarding an amp I bought.

I got started in the audiophile world by buying a pair of M50s, a bit of a cliché I know. Recently a tiny bit of plastic broke from the right side and the right cup wouldn't stay in my ear anymore, so I decided to buy a new pair, I knew I wanted an upgrade so I bought a pair of HD 600s and a Schiit Magni 2 amp (which wasn't at the correct voltage and I fried the wall wart unfortunately, oops!)

Been using the HD 600s without amp and they sound surprisignly well! It's pretty different from the M50s and I can't notice a huge improvement yet, but with time I will I'm sure!

Anyway, looking forward to take part in the forums.

Dec 29, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #4,791 of 15,539
hi everyone
i am a long time browser of head fi maybe 10 years or so
i bought my first decent headphones in 1988 a pair of sony mdr v7 they cost me about a weeks wage then,i still have these and use them,but the cup gimbal things have finally given up,i have glued them 2 or 3 times before,replaced the cable 1 time due to wear and 3 sets of pads worn out

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #4,794 of 15,539
Hello everybody,

I've lurked on this board for a couple years and have found lots of valuable info.  Maybe now I'll speak up on occasion 
cool.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #4,797 of 15,539
Might add that I currently have the Byerdynamics dt770 (not pro) 32 ohm. Looking for advice on if I really would be gaining allot in sound quality by upgrading to something in the $500+ range? I'm looking for closed headphones, over the ear. I'm into all styles, from electronic to indie to acoustic to ambient to whatever :) But do like a bit of bass in my cans.
Oh and they need to be comfy. Love my 770's.

I might add that I'm stuck in Iceland so trying out headphones is really not an option.

Regards
Frimann

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,798 of 15,539
Hi everyone,

I'm new to hi-fi audio and am already sucked deep into the rabbit hole. I just purchased a Valhalla 2 and HD800S and am now looking for an adorable suitable DAC. Currently considering a Modi 2U as I don't understand the benefit of better DACs (I.e. Bifrost).

Is there a support group for recovering audioholics? I can already see myself headed there.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #4,799 of 15,539
Greetings and salutations Head-Fi community!! My name is Jarvis Faumuina and I am a relative newbie to the world of high fidelity audio.

Head-Fi came to my attention through hours and hours of arduous scientific research, meaning a casual jaunt through YouTube videos for reviews of audio equipment I could not afford. Eventually I came across a video hosted by Mr. Jude Mansilla in which he described how a humble pair of Stax headphones had greater sound quality than the proverbial Goliath, that was the Sennheiser Orpheus.

The sheer audacity of the statement itself was enough to grab my attention. However what kept my attention was the technicality and imagery of the language with which Mansilla used to describe the equipment and most importantly, the sound. I quietly whispered to myself "This guy knows his s***."

That was two years ago and I have decided to finally take the leap. In short, I love music and the places it comes from and I am excited to join a community of enthusiasts that share that sentiment.

Jarvis F.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #4,800 of 15,539
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a budding headphone enthusiast and nothing near an audiophile... I decided to join this website cause I would like to assist if I can and also receive some assistance on any issues or questions I may have to people that ya know, KNOW what they are doing. So, uh.. yea glad to have joined. 
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back