New Member Introductions thread
Dec 24, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #4,772 of 15,538
Hello, I am new here. I used to be a musician, but now just enjoy listening, to jazz mostly. I have browsed the forums for a few weeks now, and decided that it is time to get involved.

I have recently bought an iBasso DX80, to go with my B&W P5 headphones.

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #4,774 of 15,538
Hello.

Horacio here. Long-time audiophile, and been visiting here avery now and then just lurking. Now have a question and the system doesn't allow me to start a thread. I'm hoping I need to reply here so the system will allow me.

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #4,775 of 15,538
Hello.

Horacio here. Long-time audiophile, and been visiting here avery now and then just lurking. Now have a question and the system doesn't allow me to start a thread. I'm hoping I need to reply here so the system will allow me.

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #4,778 of 15,538
Hi all, new in this forum, a couple of weeks reading around, and very interested in knowing more about hi-fi headphones. I have always loved good music and good sound, but didn't know about this amazing world of headphones. Always using the same bottom ear buds, a popular Sony pair, and my first big surprise has been the excellent Koss ksc75. :flushed:. Incredible. Cheap price, and a breathe of fresh air to my ears :smile:. The next I bought was the RHA's MA750, very very happy again, and recently ordered the Soundmagic HP150, due to good reviews. I hope in a few days, could feel another bit of happiness. Thank you

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #4,779 of 15,538
Hello,

I'm Patrick. Been lurking here for years. Finally decided to join officially.

In Augusta, Georgia with a little bit of gear: SX1250, Monitor Audio MA-5s. Don't have a CD player.

Listen to a bit of everything, but can't get enough Bebop stuff.

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #4,780 of 15,538
Hi everyone,
Like most of you it got out of hand in a hurry but I have had a blast.
It all started with a purchase of Beats Studios for my ex-wife about 2 years ago.

Since then: Audio Technica M40, Ifrog Earpollution DJ, Panasonic RP HTF 890, Skullcandy Aviators, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Pioneer SE50(vintage), Grado SR60, Samson SR850, AKG 240 studio, Grado SR125, Audio Technica M50s/le, Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600ohm), Sony MDR-V6 

My dac/ headphone amp is a Fiio E17 / E09k combo which I really enjoy with my computer.
Here to learn as I don't know enough about headphones / amps / dacs without making financial mistakes. 

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #4,781 of 15,538
Hello folks, been reading these forums for a while but never posted and amazed at all I've learned from the group.

Currently own a Westone UM30, B&W P7, B&O H7, the iMore triple driver and very interested in the Trinity Audio discussion and what they're trying to do.

Looking forward to learning a lot more!

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #4,782 of 15,538
Like many people in this thread, I've lurked off and on for a long while- going back maybe 6 or 7 years-ish for me? Bought some goodies and thought I was done...and yet here we are! I'm more interested in IEMs recently, since I have focused primarily on full-size headphones in the past.

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #4,783 of 15,538
Hello every one!Happy hollidays for all at first :) I am Roy, 28 years old and i live in Holland.I hope mine English is good enough or at least so that everybody understands what i am talking about hehe.I was looking at this forum for a while now and decided to become a member.Mine experiance with fora is to help and be helped.
I am a sound junkie sinds a little kid,always want to have enough speakers in the room,big amps and a good bass.I also bought earbuds almost every week just for the fun of it.Now that i am older i just want a clear and warm sound with a good bass.I have some good speakers by eltax,very nice for a small room.JVC surround amp(it was a steal price wise),a diy woofer enclosure,sansa clip plus mp3 player using with sennheiser cx300ii(looking for a upgrade).For gaming i use a kingston 7.1 headset wich is awesome!Thats it for now,i think i will have a good time on this forum! cheers

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #4,785 of 15,538
Hello everybody! 

I'm pretty new to headphones and high quality audio. A few months ago I decided to buy a nice (to me) pair of headphones so I went for the  M50x. No regrets there! Before that my only pair of headphones, other than various earbuds, were some ancient Skullcandy Skullcrushers that I've had since high school. So, yeah, I'm not experienced at all with good headphones. 

Decided a while back that I wanted a pair of open back headphones since I have a pair of closed-back headphones. Earlier today I ordered the HD700 and that package will be arriving on Thursday. I'm excited to see how they sound since I've never heard anything that nice before. I know I'll need an amp to get the best out of them but for now I'm using my MacBook Pro. I'm on the search for a decent solid state amp that doesn't break the bank (college student), so I've still got some research to do before I make any decisions. 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being on Head-Fi. Seems like a place full of knowledgable and helpful people. 

Cheers,
Grant 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back