New Member Introductions thread
Dec 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #4,801 of 15,548
Hola, I go by Q, I am new to higher end headphones.

I have acquired 4 in the past month... 64 Audio A8s, Fostex th900s, Fostex tx00s, and Sennheiser 600s.

DAC wise I have an Origen+, Chord Mojo, and LG v20. I am into closed cans since I take them to work and the 600s are a bit loud for surroundings peoples.

I am a total basshead when it comes to cans, look froward to meeting you guys and any advice is greatly appreciated!

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #4,802 of 15,548
New here, been lurking for a while.
Just really got started, headphones right now. NAD HP50, Audeze EL-8, Senn HD380 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT1990. Just ordered an ifi iDSD Micro Black Label and iPurifier 2. I have a Dragonfly Red and SMSL Sap 7.
I'm hooked and my wallet is hurting. Lol

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #4,803 of 15,548
Hey guys :D
English isn't my first language just to let you know :p

New to the Hi Fi Audiophile world :p
just made an account so I can buy headphones that are recommended by others in this website's.

just so I can save some time, instead of me endlessly searching for the best headphones online :D

I love Open Back Acoustic Design Headphones that are meant for female vocals and instruminental like pianos and guitars :p

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #4,805 of 15,548
Hi All. Just joined and after some advice already! My Brainwavs HM5's have just gone kaput so I'm after some new phones. I mostly use them in an office environment so closed back vital. I listen to a lot of reggae and dub but also electronic, rock, indie, jazz, little bit of classical...And the rest! I think I've narrowed it down to one of Soundmagic HP150, Audio Technical ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus...Any thoughts? Budget about £175 at most. Also - listening from fiio x3 gen II. No seperate amp at the mo but... Thanks all.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #4,806 of 15,548
Hello all. My first post so I hope I'm placing this in the correct location. I have lots to learn and I have been reading lots in these forums. I plan to be downsizing my home in the next few years so I'm eliminating my speaker system and hoping to start a headphone only set-up. I need both a headphone amp and headphones as I don't have either right now. My front end consists of a Linn LP12 with a Lingo power supply, Linto Phono Stage and a Lyra Helicon cartridge on a Alphason arm. I want to have a set-up that will compliment this analog system with a budget of under $2500 if I can. Not opposed to buying used gear. I've been researching Woo Audio (WA6 SE) and Icon Audio HP8 for amplification with considerations for Beyer, Hifiman and Audeze for headphones. Happy to be here!

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #4,808 of 15,548
Hello my friends. My name is Pawat and like all of you guys I love music especially anime piano cover(animenz,ishter,kyle,marasy,etc.),jazz(snarky puppy,dirty loops,5th flo,etc.), classical pieces(some of piano concerto,Rachmaninoff, Liszt, etc.)and pop is also acceptable (Aimer or egoist)

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #4,809 of 15,548
Hi everybody,

name is Harry, and Iafter using this site as a reference for years I thought it was finally time to join.
I'm looking forward to fruitful discussions with you guys and hope that I can contribute useful info for others as well!

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #4,810 of 15,548
Hi All,

I'm Chi and from Singapore. Just started trying out headphones and IEMs so as not to bother others in the household. Currently with an AKG 7XX and a Fulla 2. Looking forward to participating in the forums.

Happy New Year all!

Jan 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #4,812 of 15,548
Hello! Another long time lurker here
biggrin.gif

Looking for my first serious pair of IEMs after Xiaomi Piston 3 and Hybrids.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #4,814 of 15,548
Hello everyone. Been lurking for awhile now and have been into to gear for awhile now. There is a lot of good info here so I decided to join in. I look forward to contributing and being apart of the community. Right now I'm am considering a Schiit Valhalla 2 or Lyr 2 paired with a Bifrost. Just need to understand how the Lyr or Valhalla will play with my Audeze SINEs and AKG k240 Studios. Any help in pointing to good sources would be awesome. 

Jan 1, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #4,815 of 15,548
Howdy all, 

I'm Craig, just barely starting into this noise.  

My setup:  

Headphones:  Beyerdynamic Amiron Home

DAC:  Schiit Audio Modi 2 Uber

AMP:  Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber

So far for playback I have been using Audirvana linked to Tidal HD.  
I don't have big budget so I'm trying to play it safe and learn first, buy later.  

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back