New Member Introductions thread
Dec 9, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #4,713 of 15,539
Hi Wilson, I just joined as well. What kind is Schitt amp did you get? What do you think? I'm using a portable right now (Oppo Ha2) but thinking about a desktop Dac and SS amp so I'd be interested in what you've learned. Regards,
Ian

I purchased the Schiit Jotunheim with the balanced DAC and received it on 12/5, so I don't have much time spent on it. My previous setup was the Schiit Magni 2 Uber and the Modi 2 Uber, which I had bought exactly two years ago when they announced the new products on this site. But based on the few days I've had to listen, it is major step up compared to the Magni. To me the biggest improvement between the two amps is the soundstage, detail, and bass. The more resolving nature of the Jotunheim caused me to hear electrical noise my computer was making and transmitting through the USB port, which I never noticed while using my Schiit Stack. Thus, resulting in the purchase of a Schiit Wyrd not too long ago. Pairing between the Hifiman HE400i through the 1/4 TRS output is excellent as it smooth out the slightly harsh treble and definitely gave the headphone a more laid-back experience. I'm for a better listening experience when the 4-pin XLR cable comes in, though at this point I think my expectations might bit a little too high.

Personally I believe the majority your money should be spent on better headphones. As there is a larger, more noticeable difference in sound quality than any headphone amp or DAC can provide. And that there is no such thing as an unbiased review. Whether the conscious or subconscious, there is always an influence on the outcome. Don't discredit any review, but do take them with a grain of salt. In the end, your opinion is the only that matters. Either you see value and enjoyment in your purchase, or you don't.

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #4,714 of 15,539
Hello everyone,
My name is David and at the moment I run PowerAmp on my LG G4 with a set of MA750i's.  I don't really listen to any genre in particular, I just like what sounds good to me.
I don't have too much to say as I'm mostly a lurker but you might see me around.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #4,716 of 15,539
How's it going?
I'm Mipaw. I've been a long time reader of the forum since 2010 without an account because my favorite user name were taken :frowning2:
Recently decided to create the account and am ready to start comment.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #4,719 of 15,539
Hello, My name is Ken.

I am here to meet new people who have the same love of music and music equipment that i do.  This year i have gotten into upgrading my headphones and have started my quest by buying the Sennheiser HD600, Focal Spirit Professional, A Audio, Blue Mo-Fi, and a handful of others including in ears and amps that my son and daughter have already taken over as they have caught the bug through me. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #4,720 of 15,539
Hi, my name is Han. I am a college student studying to become an acoustics engineer. I hope to have beneficial interactions with you all! :)

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #4,722 of 15,539
after just 6 years of lurking i finally joined
biggrin.gif

"i ve got a lot to say...i cant rember now"
confused_face.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #4,723 of 15,539
Hello my name is Ethan, and I joined a couple days ago, I just like talking about Headphones, Amps, and DAC's, and would eventually like to buy a Portable AMP/DAC combo for my Nexus 6, Custom PC, and JVC HA-M55X's, yeah my headphones aren't stellar, but their only strong suit is bass and I will eventually upgrade, I'm leaning between the FiiO E18, A5 and Cayin C5, and I just can't decide...

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #4,724 of 15,539
Hi,
Paul from France.
I joined a few months ago and never said hello. It's done now. Listen to everything.
Came across to read, share & eventually find my treasures in the For Sale section ! Done too.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #4,725 of 15,539
Hello everyone,
I'm Vincenzo from Luxembourg (but I'm Italian).
I am a studio/live sound engineer so I have used a lot of Headphones.
At the moment I mainly use Sony 7506 and Shure SE215 but the G.A.S. is always round the corner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back