New Member Introductions thread
Jun 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,721 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

Another noob here.  I just purchased a Fiio X5ii and I love it!  The only problem is I have not invested in some good head gear yet!  I roamed around this forum for a few days, got lost in the threads more than a few times, and then realized how much more interested I was in this new realm (new to me) of high quality sound!  I know just enough about head gear and sound systems to get into trouble, so I know I will enjoy learning and sharing with everyone here.

I am more of a tech geek but I have always, always, ALWAYS loved music and portable music players!!!!  Any and all information and, especially advice, is more than welcome here.  Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

atc-dude

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,722 of 15,646
Hi all ... after lurking here (mostly out of curiosity) for years, I'm glad to finally be a member.

My living situation has recently grown much more "communal," and I've become pretty serious about assembling a worthy headphone system.  Looking forward to this!

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #3,724 of 15,646
Hi Guys, I had a pair of Stax electrostatics 15 years ago, but am now getting back into Headphones as there is not a good place in my current house for a dedicated two-channel setup.

I am considering the Sennheiser 600/650/800(used if 800s) range as well as HiFiMan HE-500 or HE 6, Byerdynamic T-1, and Audez'e LCD-2.  Plus DAC and amplifier (or combo).  

Looking forward to reading some good advice (and then becoming poorer).

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3,726 of 15,646
Hi, my nick is nopp and I'm new to this community.
After reading a few posts I see there is a lot of knowledge and experience to share here.
I'll break the rules in my first post, who cares :wink:   this is my "profile":

-ordinary laptop with Win7
-FLACs
-DAC: Audio-GD NFB3 (not working yet, bought yesterday)
-amplifier: Sansui AU-317  (2x50w)  stereo!
-speakers:     - pending -     (ordinary chinese stuff for 50$, for the moment)
-headphones: - pending -     (less than 30$, Sony, for the moment)

oh yes, why am I here? - I like contemporary classical music.

Everybody of us have started as a newbie :)

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #3,727 of 15,646
  Hi, my nick is nopp and I'm new to this community.
After reading a few posts I see there is a lot of knowledge and experience to share here.
I'll break the rules in my first post, who cares :wink:   this is my "profile":

-ordinary laptop with Win7
-FLACs
-DAC: Audio-GD NFB3 (not working yet, bought yesterday)
-amplifier: Sansui AU-317  (2x50w)  stereo!
-speakers:     - pending -     (ordinary chinese stuff for 50$, for the moment)
-headphones: - pending -     (less than 30$, Sony, for the moment)

oh yes, why am I here? - I like contemporary classical music.

Everybody of us have started as a newbie :)

Welcome, Nick.  Check out this thread for ideas about modern classical music...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808665/popular-classical-music

All the best,
RCBinTN

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #3,729 of 15,646
Hi, new Pete here. I've used this good resource for a while and finally signed up.

Retired electrical engineer and I listen to lots of Internet classical music on my iPhone 6 with Senn PX 100-IIi headphones to keep it down. Mostly KDFC from San Francisco and WQXR from NYC. Nice solution for our senior living facility in Southern California.

And I appreciate reading about others' experiences, opinions, and reviews over a variety of equipment.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #3,730 of 15,646
Long time lurker etc etc

Started off with a pair of Shure SE215SE's about 2 years and the bug has been caught from there.
Shure 425s on at work at the moment, and a pair of HD600's sitting in the post office waiting for my signature.

Being called into work when i should have been at home waiting for the postie to arrive.

cheers
Dyls

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #3,731 of 15,646
hi everyone, lurked this place for a while appreciating the advice. went from crappy £2 earphones to a not-too-bad £50ish sennheiser, to a set of AKG K545's that I've just managed to somehow lose on holiday. decided to register to ask for some advice on a replacement!

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,732 of 15,646
Since this is standard procedure I would like to extend a hardy hello to all.  Over the years I have become somewhat of an earphone addict (would be confirmed by my spouse if asked) searching for the fabled audio nirvana...when putting on a new headphone and experiencing sound clarity so amazing you can almost reach out and touch the musicians (then you are jerked back to reality when the person letting you try them out wants them back!).  Come to think about it connoisseur of audio delivery is more appropriate. 
L3000.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3,734 of 15,646
Hi,

I am new here, just joined HeadFi some minutes ago because I would like to give a hint in the thread for the ifi micro iDSD how to cure that delay with new firmware 5.2 at least when starting music with Foobar: There exists a plug-in called „pregap“. After having installed it one can choose how long foobar2k will wait before playing.

The last page of the thread is http://www.head-fi.org/t/728236/ifi-idsd-micro-dsd512-pcm768-dac-and-headphone-amp-impressions-reviews-and-comments/6315 .

Wonder why nobody said this in the thread after it was mentioned before somewhere in it long time ago. And with other players there are similar solutions, at least with some of them, others may know and tell us.

By the way: why nobody from ifi staff informed about this way?

But it is so complicated to get in here joining for the very first time not to talk about getting to the targeted thread quickly, so I write this here hoping somebody will be able to transfer the information to the place it is useful and obviously needed.

Later I will write more as I would like to do so since many weeks cause I purchased the iDSD, read the whole thread and enjoy the information offered there.

Cheers!

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #3,735 of 15,646
Hi,

I am new here, just joined HeadFi some minutes ago because I would like to give a hint in the thread for the ifi micro iDSD how to cure that delay with new firmware 5.2 at least when starting music with Foobar: There exists a plug-in called „pregap“. After having installed it one can choose how long foobar2k will wait before playing.

The last page of the thread is http://www.head-fi.org/t/728236/ifi-idsd-micro-dsd512-pcm768-dac-and-headphone-amp-impressions-reviews-and-comments/6315 .

Wonder why nobody said this in the thread after it was mentioned before somewhere in it long time ago. And with other players there are similar solutions, at least with some of them, others may know and tell us.

By the way: why nobody from ifi staff informed about this way?

But it is so complicated to get in here joining for the very first time not to talk about getting to the targeted thread quickly, so I write this here hoping somebody will be able to transfer the information to the place it is useful and obviously needed.

Later I will write more as I would like to do so since many weeks cause I purchased the iDSD, read the whole thread and enjoy the information offered there.

Cheers!
Welcome aboard, will post on your behalf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back