New Member Introductions thread
May 25, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,692 of 15,533
Hi everyone, I'm posting here as per the new member rules.  I've been into headphones or a few years now going from a dt770 to a hd600 and I just last week bought an lcd-2 based on this site's review.  My wallet has been thoroughly violated and I figured I should make an account instead of just lurking.

May 25, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #3,693 of 15,533
Hi, I've been a lurker for the past couple of years when I started getting really into headphones and decided that it was time to start contributing to this awesome website, which has been a useful source of information over the past few years. I hope to post reviews of some of the gear I own eventually. My portable setup consists of the Oppo PM-3 running straight out of a Nexus 5 with some EQ.

May 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #3,694 of 15,533
Hello all, this seems like as good a place as any to make my first post... I'm a rather young guy who recently got bitten (hard) by the hi-fi bug, and as a result started devouring information and sound from just about every source available to me. This site has been exceptionally useful in my pursuit of audio nirvana, so I figured it was about time for me to make it official and create an account.

May 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #3,695 of 15,533
  Hi everyone, I'm posting here as per the new member rules.  I've been into headphones or a few years now going from a dt770 to a hd600 and I just last week bought an lcd-2 based on this site's review.  My wallet has been thoroughly violated and I figured I should make an account instead of just lurking.

I swear all of my spare money in the past 6 months or so have all gone to hi-fi equipment.... it's ridiculous haha.

May 29, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #3,696 of 15,533
Hello all, joining the forums to get some help with upgrading the quality of sound from my computer.  I lurked around reading things here and there and learned a few things I didn't know and thought it was time to do something about my audio as my Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset is falling apart little by little and I'm just tired of buying horrible products that wear out within a few months and or give out only half decent audio quality.   Basically I do a lot of gaming but also listen to music and watch movies/anime.  I'm not expecting one single headphone to do it all for me 100% in terms of being perfect at gaming, movies and music.  Most of the time I game and watch movies so I want to focus on those aspects and later on I'll look for a pair for listening to music.  I have no need for a headset as I am using a Samson Meteor microphone and it's doing just fine for my needs however would love to get something nicer like a blue yeti later on.  As far as my needs goes, when it comes to gaming I'm a casual gaming that enjoys immersive style of gaming, I don't do competition gaming so hearing foot steps, and positional audio isn't a worry for me even though it's a nice bonus.  When it comes to watching movies I just want to get as close to theater sounding as I possibly can.

May 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,697 of 15,533
Just wanted to introduce myself and see if I can get some advice on some gear. A few months back I switched over to a headphone desktop setup and have been intrigued every since.  Part of the fun so far has been collecting different gear and and comparing them.  Much easier than collecting 2 channel gear. I am hoping to get some suggestions on my next purchases or trades.  The only way I have been able to demo gear is to purchase or trade so far.  I like an open soundstage, tone to be on the warmer side, and punchy bass.  I also listen on louder side.  I mostly listen to Spotify (Premium), ease of use or ALAC files.  Below is what I currently own, including some gear on it's way out.

Headphone Gear
  1. Hifiman HE-560 - Modded Grills, Norne Audio Draug 2 4-Pin XLR Cable
  2. Sure SRH-1540
  3. LH Labs Geek Pulse XFI
  4. LH Labs LPS-4
  5. LH Labs LightSpeed 10G USB Cable
  6. Schiit Mjolnir

Odds and Ends
  1. Emotiva XDA-2
  2. Emotiva Stealth 6 Monitors
  3. SVS SB-12NSD Subwoofer
  4. Yaqin CD-3 Tube Buffer
  5. Emotiva Airmotiv4
  6. Schiit Modi

I look forward to suggestions and doing more research.

May 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3,698 of 15,533
  I like an open soundstage, tone to be on the warmer side, and punchy bass.  I also listen on louder side.  I mostly listen to Spotify (Premium), ease of use or ALAC files. 

You will love the ZMF Blackwood, it's exactly what you described. The tone isn't super warm, only very slightly. However it offers a very good Soundstage for a closed back pair, and a tight bass. By modifying the bass ports that can be controlled to a certain degree too. It has a sweet sweet midrange, and doesn't punish lower quality audio sources. Also looks amazing. :)

However since it's a planar you'll need a high current amplifier to drive it to louder volumes. But since you have the he-560 I think you should have that covered already.

All the best!

May 30, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #3,699 of 15,533
Hello,

New member here first post i thought would be appropriate to post here. Im newly addicted into this world of high quality headphones and equipment that I cant seem to stop researching and watching videos on. So far i have purchased the Sennheiser HD 650's and an Oppo HA-2 so far i love them but will be looking into a better set of bass headphones though. Other than that cant wait to join in the conversation and deplete my savings lol. 

Kenny

May 31, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #3,700 of 15,533
  Hello all, joining the forums to get some help with upgrading the quality of sound from my computer.  I lurked around reading things here and there and learned a few things I didn't know and thought it was time to do something about my audio as my Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset is falling apart little by little and I'm just tired of buying horrible products that wear out within a few months and or give out only half decent audio quality.   Basically I do a lot of gaming but also listen to music and watch movies/anime.  I'm not expecting one single headphone to do it all for me 100% in terms of being perfect at gaming, movies and music.  Most of the time I game and watch movies so I want to focus on those aspects and later on I'll look for a pair for listening to music.  I have no need for a headset as I am using a Samson Meteor microphone and it's doing just fine for my needs however would love to get something nicer like a blue yeti later on.  As far as my needs goes, when it comes to gaming I'm a casual gaming that enjoys immersive style of gaming, I don't do competition gaming so hearing foot steps, and positional audio isn't a worry for me even though it's a nice bonus.  When it comes to watching movies I just want to get as close to theater sounding as I possibly can.

Hello there~!
biggrin.gif
Perhaps the Sennheiser HD598 might suit you quite well.

May 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,702 of 15,533

Hello to you as well, I have been keeping an eye on those particularly the Special Edition one since I'm not a fan of the Ivory/Brown one.

I can't say the colour scheme sets my world on fire, but then I'm not modelling them, nor do I have eyes that can see them when I've got them on. But it's your choice and preference, which I wonder if I offered you mine in 'that' colour, would you really say "nah, no thanks" lol.

May 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #3,703 of 15,533
Hi guys, first time here, not the first one I read you :wink:
I'm here to better understand earphnoes and their use with android devices.
And I'm an amateur keyboard player looking for some knowledge on DAW too :D:D

May 31, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #3,704 of 15,533

I can't say the colour scheme sets my world on fire, but then I'm not modelling them, nor do I have eyes that can see them when I've got them on. But it's your choice and preference, which I wonder if I offered you mine in 'that' colour, would you really say "nah, no thanks" lol.

lol I'm a picky person like that, and yes I would pass on them literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back