New Member Introductions thread
May 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,676 of 15,533
  Do you guys have any idea why i cant upload an avatar picture?

You'd have to be slightly active and post a bit before you are allowed to do that.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #3,677 of 15,533
Hey guys!

I'm a gamer and tech enthusiast. I'm studying Game Design at uni and working in IT for Herbert Smith Freehills (law firm).

Joined Head-Fi as I'm sick of buying products and devices that always suck at audio output. Seriously, unless you want to carry round a boombox everywhere, it's just not possible to play good quality tunes at a respectable volume level. Headphones are great but I prefer being able to just open up a program and hit play, or select a playlist on my phone and set it down for a couple hours.

Not sure if anyone will read this but I'm currently looking to buy an HTC 10. If anyone's got any advice on Android phones with loud, good quality speakers, please let me know!

May 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #3,679 of 15,533
Hi everyone, 

I'm a new member and I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been looking around Head-Fi for a few weeks now and it seems like a great community full of knowledgable people. I'm somewhat new to the audiophile world myself, although my dad has an awesome speaker/vinyl setup that I love listening to when I visit. I'm currently looking to buy a pair of nicer IEMs to up my listening game (despite the protesting of my wallet!) Something tells me I'm heading down a road that there's no turning back from, but that's all right by me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3,680 of 15,533
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself in the forum! I've always loved music and cared about sound quality...to me that meant spending 50 bucks on some earphones as a kid rather than 25. Fast forward, after having a job, buying various low end in ears such as nose, monster etc...spending no more than 100. I just bought some 535's about a year ago and I was blown away. I have some 846's coming in tomorrow and I'm excited! I've been reading about DACs and lossless files and all that, that's all super new to me. I will be posting for some help and I look forward in learning about audio!

May 21, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #3,682 of 15,533
Hi!

I love music and somehow stumbled into the world of Custom In-Ears. I have become an addict! :D

I have followed Head-Fi since I got my first pair of CIEMs in 2014, and it has been a great resource for me to find out more about HiFi Audio :)

My gear is minimal but I am praying it expands haha:
AAW A2H-V (vocal tuning) (1 BA, 1 DD)
Fiio E17

I mainly use the Fiio as a DAC because my earphones are really easy to drive (8ohm impedance) and I don't like how my computer's DAC reproduces FLAC files.

Hoping to post more too :)

May 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,683 of 15,533
Cool site with a wide range of opinions hard to nail down. :)

I wish new members were not limited to a certain amount of post, before being able to add gear. That should be a first to do as a member before posting.

Nice there is a site with such a large amount of info. Glad to be here and semi serious Headphone fan with a limited budget and budget minded. :)

May 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,685 of 15,533
Hey all, 

I'm Sheylan, currently a second-year Electrical Engineering Student at Oregon State University.  I came here a lot deciding on some entry level stuff(ended up ATH m50x and eventually Dragonfly1.2 when my laptop soundjack went out), and figured I should participate.

I hope I can be of service.

-Sheylan

May 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,686 of 15,533
Hi there!

My name is Patrick and I'm just starting in the audiophile world. I joined the forum for help with several projects and ideas that I've got.
I'm 21 years old, currently studying technical computing at the HvA in Amsterdam. I've been programming on the Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other microcontrollers and I'd like to see if I can expand my expertise in the audio scene.

May 23, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #3,689 of 15,533
  Hi, been visiting this site for a long time, and wanted to be a part of this forum, as I want to ask a bit of recommendation xD. I've been wanting to buy an entry level custom iem, I went to my local shop and they only sell AAW, JHA, and maybe Noble in the coming months. So far, I'm really sold with the AAW M20s, suits my taste for EDM and house music, and sometimes a bit of hip hop. I plan to save for it and get them this year. The thing I'm scared about is that its gonna sound harsh on my music files, as mostly I'm playing from Soundcloud, and the music quality I believe is 128 kbps MP3. I'm also planning to get an entry level DAC, any recommendations with the setup for AAW M20 ? Thanks a lot for whoever that can answer my questions.

Oh btw I'm Junyu, from Malaysia :)

Hi,

Unfortunately no matter how good your equipment might be, putting low quality in won't mean high quality out.

May 23, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,690 of 15,533
  Hi, been visiting this site for a long time, and wanted to be a part of this forum, as I want to ask a bit of recommendation xD. I've been wanting to buy an entry level custom iem, I went to my local shop and they only sell AAW, JHA, and maybe Noble in the coming months. So far, I'm really sold with the AAW M20s, suits my taste for EDM and house music, and sometimes a bit of hip hop. I plan to save for it and get them this year. The thing I'm scared about is that its gonna sound harsh on my music files, as mostly I'm playing from Soundcloud, and the music quality I believe is 128 kbps MP3. I'm also planning to get an entry level DAC, any recommendations with the setup for AAW M20 ? Thanks a lot for whoever that can answer my questions.

Oh btw I'm Junyu, from Malaysia :)

Welcome but 128 KBPS MP3??Lord its terrible,change some nice resourse ,APE will be your best choice.If you need some high-quality music track,just PM me~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back