New Member Introductions thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,751 of 15,584
Welcome everybody
smily_headphones1.gif

Have fun, but - leave your wallet at the door
wink.gif

Better than that, give me your wallet to play with LOL

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,754 of 15,584
Hello everyone long time music enthusiast here. Used to be into the car audio and home entertainment gear . Stumbled onto this forum a few weeks ago looking for recommendations on universal iems. Since then i already think i need a portable dap setup ; ) .
Great forum, excited to browse through the forum gathering info to help me make wise purvhases in the future
Chad

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,755 of 15,584
Hello everyone long time music enthusiast here. Used to be into the car audio and home entertainment gear . Stumbled onto this forum a few weeks ago looking for recommendations on universal iems. Since then i already think i need a portable dap setup ; ) .
Great forum, excited to browse through the forum gathering info to help me make wise purvhases in the future
Chad

Biggest question is, how much ya' willing to spend?

Favorite Motto here; Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3,756 of 15,584
Hi everyone, I'm posting here as per the new member rules.  I've been into headphones or a few years now going from a dt770 to a hd600 and I just last week bought an lcd-2 based on this site's review.  My wallet has been thoroughly violated and I figured I should make an account instead of just lurking.

Haha, yeah, I stumbled into how amazing music could sound when I got a Sennheiser "GAME ONE" gaming headset that put what I thought had to be the epitome of headphone sound (some nice Bose heaphones) to shame. Now I have an HD 650, Noble 3 universal IEMs, an LG V10 phone I bought primarily to use as a DAP, and I still lust after some of the things that pop up in the Massdrop audiophile category and reviews on this site.

I'm extremely happy with the state of my audio equipment, but my thoroughly abused wallet is still begging me to injure it further. My advice? Be careful, but have fun. :D

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3,757 of 15,584
Hello everyone! I guess I'll post my introduction here too. I'm not really an "audiophile" at all, but more or less just an average gamer. Came here to ask a few questions which You'll probably see in another post I'll be making. 

I'm actually very interested in becoming an audiophile to a certain extent. These "gaming" headsets are not cutting it for me anymore. After spending $300 on these Astro A50s and having a high pitched buzzing issue in the right cup, which most people including my wife can't hear but my ears are sensitive to it, I'm done with headsets branded towards gaming. Astro tells me they are "working as intended" and I'm too late to return them.

Well that's my introduction and I look forward to lots of reading and interesting topics!

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,758 of 15,584
Hi Head-fiers.
My name is Gard and I've recently become a bit of a head-fi fan.
I live in Tasmania, so most my gear is purchased on-line.
I'm nearly 50 and have a touch of industrial deafness, but I still enjoy my music.

As a young bloke I was into Hi-Fi - had a set of Bose 901's, running off a Dynaco preamp and a HSA power amp.

I was into live music, and was roadie and sometimes sound guy for some friends bands (I think that's where I damaged my hearing the most...)

Skip forward 30 years - have a basic surround sound system for movies.
Wife "accidently" gave my Polk Audio speakers to charity...
I can mostly only enjoy music in my car, or at home through headphones.

My headphones are ATH - AD900x, and I have a pair of the Massdrop Fostex TH-X00's on the way.
DAC / Amp is a Yulong U100
Most my CD's have been converted to FLAC files which I play back via Foobar.

Have already learned a fair bit from this forum, hope to learn a lot more.
I apologise in advance for all the noob questions I'll ask - I believe the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

:)

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #3,762 of 15,584
Hello, new here.  Thought I had made an account a few years back, but apparently not.
My current setup:
Home
-Monoprice DAC/Amp
-HD598 - My main drivers while at home for gaming.
-Ultrasone Pro 550 - Rarely used these days.

Work
-C&C BH2 portable amp
-Fostex T50rp mk3 (I'll be modding them soon)

I'm now debating whether or not I want to buy the K7xx or the X2, and sell my Ultrasones. 
Looking to see if there are better headphones for gaming. 

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,763 of 15,584
Welcome everyone :)

Today is Head-Fi's 15th birthday, and - whilst I cannot offer you any cake, discount codes or otherwise, I can offer you greetings of the day!

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #3,764 of 15,584
Welcome everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Today is Head-Fi's 15th birthday, and - whilst I cannot offer you any cake, discount codes or otherwise, I can offer you greetings of the day!

Wow, it's only 15?  It feels like it's been around longer than that.

Happy Birthday Head-Fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back