New Member Introductions thread
Apr 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3,497 of 15,539
Hi everyone, I joined a few weeks ago, I haven't gotten around to posting. I hope to give 'advice' to people looking for mid-fi headphones (I went AD900X > DT900 600 ohm > HD800 for my open backs). I'm also on /r/headphones as /u/hoteltech.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #3,498 of 15,539
Hey guys!

Not new to headfi, but finally decided to make an account instead of lurking. I finally decided to upgrade my gaming audio from Astros to DT770s, and that slowly turned me into looking for more and more headphones for other uses.

Currently setup is DT770 80ohms, M100s, LCDXs, and O2 amp/dac. I may return the LCDXs and try the TH900s or THX00s. If I like the Fostex, I could then sell my M100s as it seems like a natural upgrade. We'll see.

I really like the LCDX... I'm just not sure if my ears are advance enough to appreciate the sound. I keep asking myself if they sound like $1800.... 

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #3,500 of 15,539
Hello Mr. Admin and everyone,

I am the staff of Oriolus Audio(Japan).
This account will be the official one for our brand.
News release from Oriolus Audio will be posted by this account in the future.
Thank you.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #3,502 of 15,539
  Hi everyone, 

I am an old, lapsed member who showed up for a couple of days in 2010, posted a few distinctly uninteresting posts that no-one cared about and then went back to lurking after buying some headphones. Now I'm back for more! 

Lurker, Lurker!!!!!!!

smily_headphones1.gif
 Welcome back. Hopefully you'll hang out some more this time around.
See you around.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #3,504 of 15,539
Hello SKILLEDxKILLAH!

Also, hi everyone else!

I've lurked here for not too long, maybe a couple of months if I don't count the occasional visit over the years.
I especially enjoy listening to music, but I do a fair amount of gaming as well.
I work with Quality Assurance for digital games here in Stockholm, Sweden.

I'm looking to buy some AKG K7-series headphones after being thoroughly disappointed with my last purchase. I wish I'd done more research first...
Mostly I'm wondering about what kind of dac/amp I might need or perhaps if a sound card for my PC (as that is what I'll be using mostly) can be a better choice for my budget.
I've read a LOT of opinions and reviews, and it's pretty overwhelming and hard to find my way to the best solution.

Anyway, I should probably make a thread about that. This is not the place to have long conversations, I take it.

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #3,505 of 15,539
  Thanks again @PuterPro to impede makes sense now, as for other terms theres a thread on here to hopefully help me understand. "It sounded wet" Wet?? ha well I am sure I will get there. The D14 is £175 I might see if I can get it from the US or go for the Oppo HA2. As for the Grinder think of it as the amp to the espresso machines speaker. The better the grinder the greater the consistency of grind. I've recently backed a kick starter where I will be getting 400,600,800,1000micron sieves which will allow me to make better pour over coffee.

What benefits musically is there to be had from rooting a phone? Is it technical, as in freeing up some more processing power? Or is it more to do with the players that can be accessed? something else? Anyway I will take some more time to look through here and see what I can learn but if others wish to point out something to me please don't hesitate.

I am glad to have joined here and really look forward to learning what I can. I'm genuinely amazed at what there is to learn It seems a great forum.

Wet? Yeah, it can get strange sometimes. I'm not sure I want my headphones to sound wet. Wouldn't there be a corrosion problem there? 
blink.gif

1000 micron, huh? I've got polishing sheets I use for fixing CD's that size particle.
Seems that there'd be a serious clogging problem. Wouldn't the coffee get cold by the time it got through? {DON'T ANSWER, we'll get accused of hijacking the thread! HA!!)

Rooting a phone is a process that allows you to modify the Operating System the phone manufacturer (usually the Carrier) installed, or even replace it entirely.
The main purpose is to change or add functionality that the Carrier didn't include.

For example, some phones don't allow the USB port to communicate both ways, so can't recognize a DAC (there's more to it, but I'm keeping it simple).
The hardware of the phone might support it but the Carrier didn't include that function in the Operating System.
Rooting would give you the ability to replace the system with a more modern and modified one that had that function, and many more.

The players must have that function (using what's called an On The Go {OTG} cable) to talk to the DAC. Most modern phones have it, but some don't.

Look forward to seeing you elsewhere on the Forums!

PuterPro

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,506 of 15,539
New to the site and I just got started with my audio game.  I purchased a FIIO E09K with a E17 dac and a set of HIFIMAN He-300.  Looking to get a new DAC since my FIIO came with the set.  Might be a SCHIIT modi 2 uber or a SMSL M8.  Lots of good reading on this site.  I have been looking on here for a little bit and some great information from the members. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,507 of 15,539
Hi. I'm a new member. I visited the site from time to time but never decided to join the forum til now. 
The first major purchase for me was when I was in college and purchased Sony MDR-SA5000. 
It served me greatly and had good times. Wore it to school, wore in snow, wore whenever I was outside even though it was an open headphone.
It inevitably developed cutting sound issue common to MDR-SA5000 and I learned for the first time how to solder, etc to fix it.
And I learned all the information I needed from the forum members of Head-Fi.

One of the driver on my MDR-SA5000 died and I'm looking for a replacement unit to show up. 
Meanwhile I purchased a Sony Z7 and although it is a good headphone, I still miss MDR-SA5000.

Anyways, wanted to say hi. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,508 of 15,539
Hello Head-Fi Community!  I have finally decided to officially become an active member after lurking in the forums.  My love for music listening and being an Electronics Engineer has brought me to our little gadget hobby, thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.  I look forward to conversing in the forums and possibly see the Community at meet ups.

MyHeadHertz.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #3,509 of 15,539
  Hello Head-Fi Community!  I have finally decided to officially become an active member after lurking in the forums.  My love for music listening and being an Electronics Engineer has brought me to our little gadget hobby, thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.  I look forward to conversing in the forums and possibly see the Community at meet ups.

MyHeadHertz.

Welcome Mr. Hertz!  I hope you post here with frequency. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #3,510 of 15,539
Hi! I've been a silent reader of the forum for a long time, and recently I got a Grado SR325e and HD600 to start off. There is a lot of good info here for audio-n00bs and I hope to contribute some back too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back