New Member Introductions thread
Mar 22, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #3,376 of 15,540
Welcome to Head-Fi, everyone! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,377 of 15,540
New poster.current stuff old grado 60 with no sound from one side. Senn 650 little used had for years , good sounding phones. Little dot lll. Zero dac (2009 model).
Want to get a new/different combo.
So i am looking at some shiit.
And thinking about a pair of lcd'$.
Paul

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,379 of 15,540
Hello my name is Josh, I just joined up today. I have been a long time enthusiast of quality, whatever form it takes Audio, Video, Power Tools etc. Anyway just thought I would say hi. Looking forward to reading reviews and catching up on headphones. It has been quite a while since I bought headphones/earphones. I have a set of Shure SE210s IEM and a couple of pairs of Sennheiser headphones, and a vintage pair of Koss Electrostatic headphones ( they need a bit of restoration).

I have been listening to a lot more music at work lately and just picked up an Opportunity HA-2 on a good deal, so I have been thinking about stepping up from the Shure SE210s. I really like the fit and isolation of the SE210s so looking for something similar in that respect.

Open to any advice on the subject hoping to stay under $500, which my be tough here in Canada

Looking for something durable for everyday use.

Thanks

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,380 of 15,540
Hello everyone,

My name is Ravi from India. Long time lurker here and a headphone enthusiast.

I currently own Grado SR225i and recently bought Beyerdynamic DT1350 and Fostex x th-x00 headphones after reading about them on this forum. Aside from that I have a decent hi-fi speaker system too. I hope to get continued advise from the community for my future purchases too.

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #3,381 of 15,540
Greetings!
Long time lurker here! 
ph34r.gif
 Awesome site for information by the way! So many resources it still boggles my mind!
Not new to the scene at all, but I do love my portables! 
I was told to come here by Sennheiser support team for some specific help for my set of pmx 95 as they are discontinued now.
I also would like some help, maybe upgrading them some while they get put back together. Should I make a new thread about this? lol
I may also want to get a new complete portable set to  play with as well? 
I dabble with small amps, re-cabling, and re-doing trs/trrs 3.5 jacks/plugs. All around electronics enthusiast really. been on my portable gaming console since I don't have my good set of headphones running while I have been looking around. Starting to miss my music, so I decided to take the plunge and see whats up here.
Anyways, Thanks! for all the information you all provide the internet for diy people like me.

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #3,383 of 15,540
Hi People,

I have just joined the forum and thought that I would introduce myself.

I have been into Hi Fi for more years than I care to remember, but have only recently ventured into the higher headphone side and decided to buy some Sennheiser HD600's. I am powering them from a TEAC UD-H01 DAC being fed by a Cambridge Audio NP30 streamer and I am very pleased with the sound from these phones. They probably will require more time to get the best from them, but initial impressions are good. Previously I was using the HD595's but felt I needed something a little better to come into line with the rest of my system.

I will look forward to participating in some of the threads on here and may well start some when I have something good to say.

Many thanks.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #3,384 of 15,540
Hello everyone. Have been a member here couple years ago, well maybe a little more than just a couple years. Didn´t found enough time for visiting the forum at some point .... yada, yada, yada.
Can´t remember my old screen name so started with a new one now.
If VRDS doesn´t ring a bell, this is related to my old Teac CD I still own and like. If someone remembers the VRDS 25X, this is exactly.

My interest at the moment is search for a DAC for my Teac, also a audio-player for FLAC files as another source. Interested mainly in a Chord DAC but not sure at all for the FLAC-player. Maybe trying a Raspberry 2 with Hifiberry DAC+ board but have no experience in this direction so far. Well if someone is/was using Chord DAC and Raspberry based player .... I´m interested in your findings. Thanks.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,385 of 15,540
What up ladies and fellas! Ive been a long time reader of the forums for various reasons, but I finally registered lol. I am the sound engineer at my church in Riverside, CA. Always been an audiophile, but Never cared about headphones until i started running the sound about 3 years ago, now im a headphone addict, and just starting to collect. I use a pair of M50x for live mixing, and I have a pair of B&O H6 gen 2 on the way! I also have a couple of headphones (new), that i am selling, hopefully will post soon.

P.S. do I get like a welcome packet with a free pair of headphones or something? :grinning:

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3,386 of 15,540
Another long-time lurker and new poster here. 
beyersmile.png
 I'm looking forward to talking to you all about head gear and getting some recommendations for some much needed upgrades. I'm into some pretty obscure genres of electronic music, so I hope that my listening preferences don't seem too weird to most of you! 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,387 of 15,540
Hello, I am from Sydney, Australia and have been into IEMs as best as i can with a very limited budget :D
The gear i've been exposed to have been:
Ultimate ears 300
Marley IEMs
Sony MDR -EX 100
Vsonic GR06
Xiaomi Pistons 2.0
TTPOD T1-e
Xiaomi Hybrids
Please to meet you all!

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #3,389 of 15,540
Hello, all! I am from San Antonio, Texas and I am an audio addict. I've been involved in car audio for about 5 years, have been building speaker for myself and some friends for about 3, and just recently decided to get more involved with personal audio. I've got some experience with what would probably be considered mid-fi in the grand scheme of things. I currently own and enjoy the Hifiman re-600s, oppo pm-3, v-moda m-100, and recently ordered a leckerton headphone amp. I have very scattered music tastes, but my top genres are typically blues, slow electronica, acoustic, jazz, opera, gospel, indie, rock, trap, RnB, classical and a capella. I participate in my university's choir and orchestra, as well as with a men's barbershop group.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #3,390 of 15,540
Hello Morre here! I am from Sweden. I have been a long time enthusiast of hifi equipment of all sorts. But I have recently discovered headphones and what they can do for me.

The headphone gear i have right now:
AKG 712 pro
Senn HD600
Fostex t50rp mkIII
Audio Technica AD2000X (this one is going back to the shop because of faulty driver)
DAC amp:
Audio-GD NFB-11 (bought this after reading up on it here)
Fiio E10k
Butte (DIY kit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back