New Member Introductions thread
Mar 10, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #3,331 of 15,537
Hello, I am Hamhari. I am soon planning to modify a headset that broke on me after three good years of service. Needed a little help, therefore I decided to join this forum, as I figured it would be the best place to get the info I am looking for. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #3,332 of 15,537
Hey everyone, new guy here! I'm a huge headphone fan, yet fairly new to the world of dedicated amps and DACs. After 30+ years of trial and error, I'm finally finding the equipment that I'd been looking for!

In the early 90s I received a hand-me-down set of open back Koss headphones (still not sure what model they were) that sounded amazing to me. I wore them so much that the integrated ear pads disintegrated and I had to regularly glue and solder them back together. I couldn't seem to find anything that came close to their sound until 5 years ago when I got my hands on the Grado SR80.

From there I picked up a Modi 2 DAC and a Vali amp, and I've been growing a collection headphones. My current favorite is the caffeinated sound of the Grado GH1, though I'm also loving the deep, earthy bass of the Hifiman HE400i.

Looking forward to learning more about how to get the most out of my music!

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,335 of 15,537
Hi,

After following Bob and Trinity Audio's great success, I though that I would join this great community. The Head Fi community has been invaluable for the the reviews and great information that they share. I want to be a part of it!

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #3,336 of 15,537
Hello, I'm Arnout and new to this forum as a member. I spent quite some hours reading up on a new set of headphones. Because of all this information, I was able to make a good choice. As I member, I hope to share some experiences also that might help other users.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #3,337 of 15,537
Hello to all the new members, welcome to Head-Fi.  Enjoy your time, ask questions, learn as much as you can.  We are happy to have you with us!!

Best regards,
RCBinTN

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,338 of 15,537
Hi, I'm Alison, New to this hobby. I have been lurking here since December last year when I started looking for a new pair of headphones, then I became a little bit obsessed, I went from 1 pair to 5 in the last few months, the advice and information on this site has been invaluable so thanks for all of that

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #3,342 of 15,537
I went back to check and the seller had 2 more Koss IL100w left for $10.86 each, snapped them up. I am very happy with these. I am not an ear bud / IEM guy at all, but I have never really had any that were comfortable, these are and sound really good. $50.00 IEM's for $11.00, gotta have them.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #3,343 of 15,537
I went back to check and the seller had 2 more Koss IL100w left for $10.86 each, snapped them up. I am very happy with these. I am not an ear bud / IEM guy at all, but I have never really had any that were comfortable, these are and sound really good. $50.00 IEM's for $11.00, gotta have them.

Well done, any other great deals you know of? But PM me if you do, b4 everyone else gets there 1st lol.

Mar 13, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #3,344 of 15,537
I found another seller that has them for a little more, item number 300960691598, $12.99. The ad does not say how many left, just says, almost gone. Like I said, I am not an ear bud guy, but I bought the one set, really liked the comfort and sound, bought the two that seller had left. Going to give a pair as a gift to a person at work, always see this person with the cheapest thing from Walmart.listening to TV with them now. I have at my fingertips a Koss MV-1, PRO4S and VEHO Z-8, but using the buds. I think Koss must be eliminating these to be replaced by a newer model. I am now disabled (CIDP) and sit in this recliner 24/7. I have a wooden TV tray by my chair with my tablet and smart phone on it and have rigged three headphone hangers on this tray. I have a 20ft heavy duty headphone extension cable that comes from my equipment to my chair. Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back