New Member Introductions thread
Mar 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,317 of 15,519
Hi, I'm Charles (ChopperCharles). I'm active on AudioKarma, TapeHeads, and PHXAudioTape. I'm not *that* big into headphones anymore, as I work from home mostly, and can pump my stereo as I please. But I do use them occasionally, and I'm putting together a headphone amplifier rig to use on the days I'm in the actual office. I like vintage cans, especially if they're metal. Not a fan of plastic headphones so much, even though I have several pairs. I like robust durability and classic styling. Right now my favorite headphones are Audio Technica ATH-3's, that were my uncle's. He's had them since the late 70's or early 80's. They don't have a great bass response, but they're the most comfortable headphones I've ever put on my head. I rebuilt the ear pads and put a new connector on them, and I'm enjoying them greatly. I also have a pair of Stanton XLII's (the denim band and ear pads) on my way to me for portable use. They'll need a complete cleaning and re-foaming of the ear pads before use. I like their look, so I snagged them... hoping they sound halfway decent :)

The best-sounding cans I have are Sennheiser HD-202s, but man they're uncomfortable. I'd use them more, but after an hour or two the top of my ears hurt. I have a cheapie pair of "star wars" themed headphones acquired from thinkgeek a while back, which were meant to be throw-away portables, but actually sound halfway okay for cheapies, and a disappointing pair of SIC Sonic 101 vintage phones. Good bass, muddy sounding, and *VERY* rolled-off highs, combined with being supremely uncomfortable. They look nice and they're all metal and extremely durable and robust. But again, sadly they sound like arse. 

That's my collection so far. Thanks for having me!

Charles.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,318 of 15,519
Hi all, my handle is Pxncture. I currently own very budget-fi gear but I am working up towards better gear. With the hopeful arrival of the Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz headphones in April the journey will move forward. I have been lurking on the forum without an account for years, thanks to the Chinese iem & dap thread I purchased Puro sound labs IEM500 and I couldn't be happier. Heres to a addiction that will last a lifetime!

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,319 of 15,519
Hi all,.

My name is Mark from Melbourne, Australia. My passion is music of all types, playing, listening, collecting & fixing - restoring gear. I have a thing for vintage hifi and wanting to view what people have or collect and their opinions on certain gear. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #3,324 of 15,519
Helloooo everyone :) 

Been a long time forum lurker but never made an account to post anything. Finally getting into some big boy audio gear lately so I may as well participate =)

Currently using- AK Junior, Fiio X5ii, AK Roxanne II, iBasso Oriolus and Shure SE846. Oh and a pair of V-Moda M100's for fun 
L3000.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,328 of 15,519
Hey,

I am a member from Scotland and referred to this site a number of times in the past for earphone reviews, decided to finally sign up in order to maybe post a review or two when I get the time to give something back (however little that may be).

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #3,329 of 15,519

Hi I'm Swnger and I'm an audiophile junkie, however, I don't need a 12 step program just a 12 figure income.  After lurking on this site for several months I can see that I'm surely in good company here on Head-Fi.

My interest is mostly as a user and listener.  I'm not a technician so don't expect and pretty charts and graphs here.  Engaging and involving music can't be judged by the specs but must be felt in the heart.   I love music. 

Travel extensively so you never know what event I might show up at.  Look forward to meeting some of you.

Ciao,
Swnger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back