New Member Introductions thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #3,227 of 15,586
Supposed to make my first post here, but oh well...

Hello fellow Head-fiers. I actually lurked at here for at least 2 years, but because of the recent Canjam Asia, I can't stop the temptation to finally create an account and try to help and have as much fun as possible here.

Currently, I am only focusing on portable audio because of my living and financial situations and may only do so in the future, because I believe that the most important reason to buy, play and enjoy (portable or desktop) audio gears is to enhance one's music listening experiences.

As I currently live in Singapore and I have the freedom and time to try out as many things as I can, so maybe if I find something interesting, I can make some comments about it. I can sound bias at times, but life's about never stop learning to improve for the better, anyways.

Quite a long introduction from me. I will just end here with this: Always try to have as much fun as possible and believe in what you hear and thus, believe. Happy listening!

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #3,228 of 15,586
Supposed to make my first post here, but oh well...

Hello fellow Head-fiers. I actually lurked at here for at least 2 years, but because of the recent Canjam Asia, I can't stop the temptation to finally create an account and try to help and have as much fun as possible here.

Currently, I am only focusing on portable audio because of my living and financial situations and may only do so in the future, because I believe that the most important reason to buy, play and enjoy (portable or desktop) audio gears is to enhance one's music listening experiences.

As I currently live in Singapore and I have the freedom and time to try out as many things as I can, so maybe if I find something interesting, I can make some comments about it. I can sound bias at times, but life's about never stop learning to improve for the better, anyways.

Quite a long introduction from me. I will just end here with this: Always try to have as much fun as possible and believe in what you hear and thus, believe. Happy listening!

Welcome, @supplehope! We apologize about your wallet. Have fun!

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #3,230 of 15,586
Hi everyone

My name is Shazi from Sydney, Australia. Found this site after beginning my (re)search into IEM as I am currently looking for an upgrade. And also I got the ok from the boss (happy wife happy life ay). 

What a wealth of knowledge this place is. What I've learned so far is that I know nothing about IEM. Wow so much info to know. The Describing Sound - Glossary thread is great. As well as the buying guides. 

My experience so far is that in Australia we are limited in the IEM market (unless Im not looking hard enough). And its bloody expensive here. So I am open to shopping from overseas. 

Currently using an iPod Nano (4th or 5th gen) with Sennheiser cx 300ii monitors. The the right side is not working hence my sign up to this site. 

Also have a SG6+ Edge which I may use as a source. 

See you on the forums. 

Shaz.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #3,231 of 15,586
Howdy, I joined some time ago but haven't started contributing until recently.  Wanted to say hi.

Also, I have a Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Gen 2 for sale; I can't create a post in the for sale forum yet so figured I might put a line here while I'm at it.  PM me if you're interested.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #3,232 of 15,586
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

I've been a lurker here for a long time, but had been focusing on my home audio system and speakers and not paying much attention to head phones.  But after buying a pair of Phillips Fidelio X2 for gaming, I found I was also enjoying audio more frequently (since I could listen when the kids were doing homework or the wife watching TV etc).  So a couple of months ago after doing a lot of research on Head-Fi, I pulled the trigger on my first "serious" head phones and purchased a pair of Alpha Primes from Mr. Speaker.  Unfortunately (or fortunately?) when they arrived I realized that none of my sources could power them sufficiently and my X2's still sounded worlds better.  

But I figured all the great reviews for the Alpha Primes couldn't be wrong, so rather than return them I bought some amplification.   Now I am hooked, and I look forward to learning and listening more.  Unfortunate for my wallet but a treat for my ears.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

:)

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #3,233 of 15,586
Hello everybody,

I guess you have to start somewhere and sometime :)
As one of the other new members above mentioned- enough of only "lurking" about in the forums and reading about stuff.
I hope to share some of the knowledge I've gained trying to learn about and listening to headphones in the past five years or so.
Also still to learn more, there's never enough of that, isn't it?
I believe in intelligent discussions and respectful arguments- it should be fun as listening to a quality recorded and reproduced music is.
So cheers to all and "let there be soooouuuuund"!

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #3,234 of 15,586
Welcome aboard Saillaw, CHA55A, tikicio, lelutas and jblue98 !!!!
This is a great site, the more you give (post, upload, contribute) the more you receive. Dive in and have fun.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,236 of 15,586
Hi everyone,

I've been lucking here for a while, but recently had the chance to listen to the new Sennheiser Orpheus headphones, so thought I'd better get on and share as much of the experience as I could. I'm not sure how many posts I need to get to before I can post a review, but here's hoping I can get it happening sometime soon.

My regular cans are Sennheiser Momentum and Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - the momentums are for listening to and the COPs are my gaming headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back