New Member Introductions thread
Feb 19, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #3,211 of 15,522
Thanks, well you can't take it with you...

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #3,212 of 15,522
Hi all, I'm going through the spam check vouching system. Mmm I've been enjoying IEMs especially lately.

My PS4Ms gave up the ghost. Then a pair of Momentum on-ears were quite nice but I missed the over-ear extra love, so purchased some decent Harman Kardon over-ears (the bluetooth ones). Not bad but get a little warm in a Sydney summer...

So I dived into some cheapish IEMs, including the GR07s. Okay but kept searching. Got some surprising EePro6s - surprising in a way, because they seemed somehow 'too good to be true'. Mainly, if I'm honest in terms of all the swag, and I know it's Chinese and cheaper to make but still I liked them. To some degree it was a case of form-over-fun: first memory wire, around the ear, smoke clear pair - damn if they don't cool...

SOOO, I got some Shure 215s and haven't reached for those former two since... Then I did impulsively buy a pair of the ATH-IM50s, due to their promised dual driver...

Oh, Man I like these. These are FUN, and CHEAP (relatively).  

So, just then my obsession, shifted back to a pair of Shure 535s (because I still like the Shure's, just felt that the IM50s shade them a tad), but I stopped stone dead on a brutal review at this site: "I can be analytical right back".

Good, I enjoy a bit of verbal flair, but this review also left me doubting my failing sanity given I had only JUST crossed from the vaunted InnerFidelity's "Wall of Fame" In-Ear Monitor collection, which had THIS to say on the then object of my affection: "Yummy and warm sounding..." 

Leaving me decidedly confused. 

Meanwhile, I secretively (away from my girlfriends understandable financial concern), constantly tinker with the look of my saved design, nay fantasy, custom JH Audio 13v2PRO's... Oh man, it's going to be an expensive life before this all over... I wonder if I beat Head-Fi's spam sift ??? J

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #3,214 of 15,522
PLEASE forgive my ignorance but I was instructed to make a post to the "newcomers thread"so a mgr could review it before I entered a thread. First off I am pretty inept with computers so I am not sure I did this correctly or butted in on a thread I have no place on. I would eventually like to get advise and help with the Pono personal listening devise and headphones you folks have fund work well with it. I have not purchased either the pono player or headphones yet and I am very concerned that I will not have adequate customer support because they do not or will not give out a phone number to ask questions so if I decide to get one I want to know I can get guidance/assistance from somewhere and I was told these sites are good for that.
  Can I now go to that thread and ask questions and if so how do I pose a new question as apposed to posting a reply? 

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #3,216 of 15,522
Hi guys,

I'm a fledgling audio enthusiast and have been lurking here for awhile.  Thank you for all the information!

So far, I'm enjoying the following gear:
- Sennheiser HD598
- Sennheiser HD700
- Fostex TH-X00
- Fiio EX1 iems
- Oppo HA-2

regards,
Patrick

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,218 of 15,522
I am new here although I have been reading the forums for awhile for info. Just thought I would join to maybe contribute back. I am an audio enthusiast that likes a particular sound. Recently have been into portable audio and headphones. I use to design and install home theaters so my background has been in speakers and amplifiers from the past, but I like the intimacy and solitude of listening to music through headphones. I just recently acquired the Sony NW-A25 Walkman and the Denon AH-MM400 headphones which I really enjoy. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #3,219 of 15,522
Hi everyone!

In conjunction with my first CanJam event (CJ Asia) I finally created an active user account on HF. I thought CJ Asia was amazing and very well done! I was only able to make it on Saturday but the opportunity to listen to so much incredible gear (Orpheus, Shangri-la, Stax SR009/BH setup, etc) in an atmosphere of like-minded enthusiasts was truly inspiring. At the event I picked up a Chord Mojo after A/B testing it with my existing Oppo HA2 (now relegated to battery charging duty only).
My current home rig:
Bryston BDA-2 DAC.
Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp.
Sennhieser HD800 Balanced cabled.
Audeze LCD-XC (my new apartment has a bit of street noise and these really help isolate).
Grado GS1000e.

On the road it's now:
Chord Mojo.
Sennhieser IE800 IEM.
No DAP yet, so I'm using iPhone 6P and IPad Pro through the Mojo.

As a longtime reader of the forums I'm excited to finally start joining in the conversation!
Regards,
Frank

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,221 of 15,522
Hello, I'm new. I'm an headphone fan :wink:

My home's Rig:

SMSL M8 + SMSL P1
Little Dot MKIII
Breeze Audio TPA3116
KEF Q300
Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee, Takstar HI2050, Grado SR80i

My "portable" XP Rig:

Fiio X5
Fiio E12DIY
Beyerdynamic T5p, ATH-m50, Superlux HD381 F

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #3,222 of 15,522
Hello everybody!

I was a quiet reader in those beautiful forums so far.
Man some guys here are responsible for some of the biggest money drainages of my wallet in years. Thank you!

So .. I would like to become a little more active here because I have questions concerning cables for my K10. Namely the Wagnus Proton. Anyone got some experience with that set up or knows a discussion going on about it in the internet?

Thank you guys in advance and it is my pleasure to make your acquaintances.
Cheerio!

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #3,223 of 15,522
Hello everyone! I've finally created an account after browsing the forums for some time. I look forward to expanding my Head-Fi experience and to socialize with fellow enthusiast. 

Current Gear:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Sennheiser HD 555
Sennheiser HD 558
FiiO E11k
Xonar DX

Thanks,

Ray

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #3,225 of 15,522
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while but finally decided to sign up.

Pretty new to this journey as well -- started last November. I'm a cellist so I tend to prefer neutral & natural sounding cans.

As of now I have

Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 speakers
Hifiman HE-560
Final Audio Design Sonorous VI
Fostex TH-X00
Grace Desigm m9xx
And Schiit M2U combo for work.

I just ordered Sennheiser HD800S (really excited about this!) and Burson Soloist SL and Schiit Bifrost multibit.

Hopefully I can contribute to this community and learn a lot as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back