New Member Introductions thread
Jan 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,046 of 15,533
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Much respect to all 
dt880smile.png

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #3,047 of 15,533
Good in my opinion. More power than you'll need.

People on this site say the sennheiser hd 600's open up with tubes, and based on my experience with the vali, I wouldn't disagree. But I prefer the magni 2 uber for say watching tv, and some music.
I'm glad I bought a solid state amp first.

If you hear any noises from your computer through your headphones, the modi 2 uber will clean it right up.

Try taking off the metal grills on your 600's, it's neat to see how it changes the sound a bit.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #3,049 of 15,533
Hello bunch of audiophiles and neophytes!

My name is Dan, I am from Canada and I recently discovered that this wonderful piece of a website had an extensive forum so I thought it would be a good idea to join!

I am highly interested in high quality audio (mostly because I listen to music a lot) and because a few years back, I realized that I would rather listen to my music in my car because it had a better audio system than what my headphones were providing! 

So far, I only have a few pairs of "typical" low quality IEMs (in-ears are my favorite kind of earphones), namely the Vmoda bass freq metal, a few pairs of samsung/sony/apple/cheapos buds and cans. I think that the biggest reason behind me not having a good pair yet is that... I CANT DECIDE ON WHICH ONES I SHOULD BUY! There are so many different kinds of IEMs in the 50-200$ section (not even counting used) that you cannot try before you buy that it is hard to buy only one (University student life struggle haha). 

I cant wait to interact with all of you, 

bluedan02 

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #3,050 of 15,533
Hello Dear Audiophiles.
I have a craze for music & high end equipment so I decided to go slow on this path and currently I am proud owner of the following :

My Rig : Fiio X5II & E12A
My HPs: Philips Fidelio X2, V-Moda M-100, V-Moda XS, Logitech UE 9000, Meizu-HD50
My IEMS : SHURE 535, KEF M200

Few of my colleagues are senior members in here and told me I should explore this beautiful community to gain more information and meet more nicer people like all of you. Indeed I am glad to be a part of this community.

I have a vast collection of music in lossless format and enjoy listening to all kinds of music specially  aquastic , classic  & progressive rock, vocal & instrumental along with jazz.
 My few favourites are Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Jethro Tul, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Al DE Meola, John Mclauglin, Paco de lucia and many more the list would go on. :)

I thank the Moderators to allow me to part of this forum. Cheers 

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #3,051 of 15,533
Hi folks,

terenz from Malaysia. Been an audiophile for a few years now and gained more knowledge here then any other sites . But first time registering here. 

My Headphones ATH-M50X, Sony Z7, HE-400i

My DAC - Chord Mojo

My DAP - FIIO X3 Gen 2

Tube Amp - Bravo Audio Ocean

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #3,052 of 15,533
Hi folks,

terenz from Malaysia. Been an audiophile for a few years now and gained more knowledge here then any other sites . But first time registering here. 

My Headphones ATH-M50X, Sony Z7, HE-400i

My DAC - Chord Mojo

My DAP - FIIO X3 Gen 2

Tube Amp - Bravo Audio Ocean

Hello Terenz, welcome to head-fi. You have a very nice headphone rig. I need to audition the Chord Mojo, I have heard wonderful things about it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I hope your rig always puts a smile on your face.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #3,053 of 15,533
Hi all,

I joined less than a year ago, but haven't been active enough. I have been upgrading a bit in the audio department for my desktop setup lately. I look forward to participating more in this community.

Hai

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #3,055 of 15,533
Hello everyone, like many I'm a long time reader and now participant in these forums.  Been into audio for a long time, since the mid 80's, mostly with home audio and theater equipment but I've recently got the headphone bug.  This is such a great site to get information, which helped me towards getting my first decent headphone setup of an m9XX and HD-700 not too long ago.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #3,057 of 15,533
Hi guys,

My name is Ellie (and I have freckles lol). I've been an audiophile for 10 years now. I've loved collecting headphones. I would say, I'm a casual audiophile in that, I don't really understand all the technical aspects. And I don't have the best ear for stuff. But I still enjoy high quality audio, and love different sound signatures. So even if I'm not a super audiophile with a great ear, I can still enjoy sound signatures, and I love having control over my music.

Since I've been collecting a long time, I've tried everything from a $60 Grado all the way to $2K + STAX. I've personally owned:

Grado PS500
Grado RS1
Sennheiser HD 600
Sennheiser HD 650 (Currently own)
Sennheiser HD 700 (Currently own)
Audeze LCD-2 (Both Rev 1 and 2)

(And a bunch of others that I can't remember off the top of my head)

And my most recent purchase was the HD800 (My current main headphone)

I happen to really like the Sennheiser sound. Despite trying out almost every brand, I've always come back to the HD-600/650. I just love them. But I've always wanted the HD800 since they were first announced. It's been a dream of mine actually. I finally had the money and time, and recently got them as a mix Christmas/Birthday present to myself. I actually cried, because I've been dreaming so long of being able to get these. And I just haven't had the money.

Now my latest goal is to find a good set up for them. My current source is:

Schiit Lyr > Fiio E17 > HD800 (Using my PC)

I want to eventually spend $3K + for my HD800 set up but that's like 3 years off for me. So for now, just trying to settle into a decent set up to hold me over for 3 years. I'm in love with the HD800 even with my current set up. So I'm excited to see if I can improve my sound in the next year or so, and be content for 2-3 years until I can finally dig into really great gear. Considering a Schiit Bifrost combo, or trying the Chord Mojo (very tempted to try this).

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi. Hopefully I can make some friends, as no one I know in real life cares about audio. Most of my girl friends think I'm a geek/weirdo, for spending so much money on Audio equipment. But lol, it's a hobby I enjoy (even if my Wallet hates me). Nice to meet everyone.

<3 

Ellie

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,059 of 15,533
I am pretty sure I hate this site. It has cost me a bunch of money recently. I have been mostly into home theater and am on avsforum alot, stumbled on this site and bam! bought a pair of T50rp mk3's and a fiio amp/dac. I have been enjoying cruising through all the threads. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,060 of 15,533
I am pretty sure I hate this site. It has cost me a bunch of money recently. I have been mostly into home theater and am on avsforum alot, stumbled on this site and bam! bought a pair of T50rp mk3's and a fiio amp/dac. I have been enjoying cruising through all the threads. 

Welcome to head-fi, hope you enjoy your stay, and with is hobby, you just need to crank up the volume and you need not listen to the sobbing lamentations of your wallet.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back