New Member Introductions thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #3,077 of 15,508
Hello,

My name is Baptiste. I've been reading this forum for years now. It helped me buy my very first iem (vsonic gr06).

Now I listen music every day with my mdr1r, gr07 and much more.

It's a great forum.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #3,078 of 15,508
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I live in Boston in the US. I'm fairly new to high end audio, but I've been a lurker for a few months now. There is a lot of great information in this community, and I'm happy to be a part of it. My current everyday set up is TH-900/JH Angie with my ZX2. I just got the mojo as well, and I'm waiting for a few cables to come in so I can really use it. 

I'm looking forward to posting and learning as much as I can.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #3,079 of 15,508
Hello everybody! I've been a head-fi lurker for awhile and learning as much as I can as a somewhat newcomer to the audio world. From what I've seen it's a great and helpful community, so I'm glad to have finally joined. 

I don't really consider myself an audiophile by any means or have extensive technical knowledge, but I'm trying to learn more, and I can definitely appreciate good sound. It's nice to meet you all!

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #3,081 of 15,508
Hi there!

College Computer Engineering student here, I have enjoyed my time with this site so far and i feel happy knowing I have a decent set up with the HD650s and mini schiit stack. Hoping to learn much more from the community!

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,084 of 15,508
Hi Guys

my name is Christian and Im from Germany and living in Switzerland atm.
Im a basshead and looking for new gear i can use on the go. After lurking the forum for a few weeks i decided to register and ask for specific help with my audiophile problems :wink:
Right now im using a sony xperia z3 with v-modas 100 which are really fine, but i think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Im looking forward to learn and contribute a lot here.

Cheers
Christian

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #3,085 of 15,508
Hi Everyone

New member in the Denver, CO area.  Been referencing this site for a long time now, finally decided to join, as I've recently started to consider listening to a music much more of a hobby, as opposed to something that makes a quiet room not quiet :).  With that of course comes the "Blackhole" of buying the gear to get the most out of things, and the fun of trying new gear and figuring out what you like, what works, and what doesn't.  My current setup is a set of Beyer DT880s running through a BottleHead Crack OTL amp with speedball upgrade.  That's being fed by a MusicStreamer II+ DAC.  I also have a pair of 1964 Audio A12s on order, an OPPO HA2 portable AMP/DAC for traveling, and a GraceDesigns m920 I just got from Massdrop.  Currently saving up for a pair of planar magnetic cans, but I have no idea which ones I want yet.  Might wait till the rocky mountain audio conference this fall to try a bunch of stuff out before I make my decision.

Looking forward to being a more active member of the community here.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,086 of 15,508
Hi Everyone

New member in the Denver, CO area.  Been referencing this site for a long time now, finally decided to join, as I've recently started to consider listening to a music much more of a hobby, as opposed to something that makes a quiet room not quiet :).  With that of course comes the "Blackhole" of buying the gear to get the most out of things, and the fun of trying new gear and figuring out what you like, what works, and what doesn't.  My current setup is a set of Beyer DT880s running through a BottleHead Crack OTL amp with speedball upgrade.  That's being fed by a MusicStreamer II+ DAC.  I also have a pair of 1964 Audio A12s on order, an OPPO HA2 portable AMP/DAC for traveling, and a GraceDesigns m920 I just got from Massdrop.  Currently saving up for a pair of planar magnetic cans, but I have no idea which ones I want yet.  Might wait till the rocky mountain audio conference this fall to try a bunch of stuff out before I make my decision.

Looking forward to being a more active member of the community here.
Welcome aboard. Tread lightly is my advice. There are some straight up know it alls lurking here just waiting to pounce. Lol. It's not that bad, but be warned. Personally I enjoy reading the extensive debates and viewing photos.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #3,088 of 15,508
How do I start a thread. I have a question. I only know how to comment. I don't see where I start a new thread
From the home page, click on forums, then chose an area of interest for your question. You will then see a tab for starting a new post. Although I think there may be a waiting period for new members. Might have to make some comments in other threads first.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #3,089 of 15,508
Hi all,
Richard from Mt Helena in Western Australia.
Just thought I'd join and introduce myself.
Been reading here for a little while and have recently upgraded from an android phone and set of HD555 to:

Linux Nuc for headphone only flac music
Creative E5 
HD600

And so far all i can say is WOW I'm pretty happy right now.

I currently have a Lycan amp on order as well.

So THANKS to everyone for all the info.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #3,090 of 15,508
Hello,

I am david13 Marseille. I love music since childhood and every day with me and always made me dream so much. I started in the hifi 10 years ago.
My system consists of:
- Rega Brio-R amp powered by a Carbon Studio Connections Power cable:
- A Nad C542 drive,
- Cable modulation VDH First Ultimate MKII
- Pregnant Dali Blue Series 6006,
- HP Magnum VDH Hybrid cables
Today I wish to evolve by incorporating a DAC is why I joined your community to share with lesz different members.

Soon david13

PS: I use for translation software, so please excuse the errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back