New Member Introductions thread
Nov 5, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #2,611 of 15,567
Great post, ezekiel77!

All I can say is be on the lookout in the near future...

Thanks man!

Well, normally when introducing yourself you get a "Welcome Aboard" reply or two, but since you've made 400 odd posts, all I can think of saying is "about time you introduced yourself" LOL

Lol. My story should serve as a warning to newbies. You WILL read. You WILL spend. Resistance is futile haha.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #2,613 of 15,567
Lol. My story should serve as a warning to newbies. You WILL read. You WILL spend. Resistance is futile haha.

Well I began looking for an Ipod Classic alternative, mostly for when I'm biking and I've got it down I think to a Lotoo PAW 5000 + the Micro Card + IEM's/Can's to suit BT, but first earn the Lotoo money & 128GB card I think. That you changed from the FiiO X5ii got me interested in your intro. There's more negs about FiiO than there are about Lotto up to now. Have you looked at the Gold? Very pricey lol. Good luck :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #2,614 of 15,567
Hi all,

Total newbie here. 
I listen to music up to two hours a day everyday, mostly electro-indie stuff, but I know little if anything about Hi Fi audio and the likes of it.

All I know is that I love my 5 yrs old B&W P5, but they're starting to show their age and I would like to find a replacement.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2,615 of 15,567
Hello there,

Long time reader, first time poster. My name is Nate, and I just recently started getting into the world of hi fi audio. It's a hobby I was convinced I would never be able to fully enjoy due to an unfortunate amount of hearing loss in my right ear.

It turns out the human brain is pretty incredible, and has after all these years helped to compensate for my aural handicap. Enough, at least, for me to become more picky than I probably should be about the sort of gear and sources I use.

Long story short: I like music. My wallet doesn't. My wife is beginning to share my wallets' sentiments. Help?

- Nate

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #2,617 of 15,567
  Hi guys. New here, I'm an audio newbie looking to get some advice on some good headphones for gaming. My last pair were Astro A40's (I know, I know, terrible, but I knew nothing). Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to post a thread with more details to get some help from you lovely people? Cheers :)

Hi guys. In regard to my earlier post I have decided to get AKG K712 pro's after doing a bit of research, and I'm wondering what AMP/DAC combo I could get to go with them? Or would I be better off getting a sound card and an AMP? not really sure as I don't know anything about AMP/DACs or sound cards. Any help much appreciated. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,619 of 15,567
Hi all.

I'm new in the hp world and it seems like i like it very much!

I'm a diyer and audiophile, just got a new house and have to turn off all my beloved diy devices - new neighborous...

I've got a denon adh-1001 and it's time to go forward in sq.

I live in italy and think this forum is the standard de facto for anyone who want to go deep to the heart of the subject headphones.

I'm sure i will learn a lot.

Carmelo.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,620 of 15,567
Hi everyone.  Been using headphones for years, but they were always ****ty gaming headsets (Carcharias/G930/V1500)  I'm now in the market for something that sounds, well, good.  Audio has always interested me in some way or another and after building a new PC I figured it was the best time to start looking at DACs, AMPs, and some good cans. (Looking at Schiit and DT990s currently.)

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #2,623 of 15,567
Hi, I'm fastasleep and I'm an alcoholic.

But really... I don't think I can post new threads yet so basically, I'm here doing research to replace my NOCS NS500s after the volume buttons stopped working after a few months. Amazon doesn't stock them anymore, so it'd cost me like $40 to send them to sweden for replacement...so, looking at new options for IEMs.

I am curious about two I came across in marketing emails today, I won't link to anything for fear of getting tagged as a spammer, but

V-Moda Zn, which I think are their first IEMs for a while now, are just now available for order via them and not at Amazon yet, so kinda waiting to see reviews. I've had several pairs of V-modas over the years and liked them fine, but these ones are $180... but they're marketing them to be of super duper high quality, so, curious. :) Came across the thread on these here on this site, so figured this is a good place to keep an eye on user feedback.

Linea N°2 In Ear Headphones by Caeden (never heard of 'em, but look pretty) ($80)

The NOCS were pretty decent sounding once I figured I had to cram them further in my ears to get any bass (the medium fittings were a little large, but small was too small), but the button thing, I dunno. 

Suggestions welcome, needs to have 3 button controls for iOS and not look stupid. :)

Cheers

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #2,624 of 15,567
Hi all
Been lurking for years but thought it was about time i joined.
Does it take longer before you can create a thread in summit-fi?

I don't seem to be able to find the create thread button, i have read the tutorial but i am unable to locate the "new thread" button, i have tried every button below my bookmark's bar. If someone could help that would be great.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #2,625 of 15,567
  Hi all
Been lurking for years but thought it was about time i joined.
Does it take longer before you can create a thread in summit-fi?

I don't seem to be able to find the create thread button, i have read the tutorial but i am unable to locate the "new thread" button, i have tried every button below my bookmark's bar. If someone could help that would be great.

Do you see this dark blue button, below the title?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back