New Member Introductions thread
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2,596 of 15,519
Sup. First post.

Headphones (and other audio equipment) I currently own:

ATH-M50x (my daily portable cans)
AKG K7xx (coupled with a Mod Mic at my gaming PC)
TTPOD T1-E
Dunu DN-19 Tai Chi
Audioengine D1
FiiO E6
Bose QC 25
Final Audio Design Heaven II (got these for $48 brand new)
Harmon Soundsticks 3

That's about it.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #2,602 of 15,519
Everybody Hi,my name is Javier, Im a begginer in the audiophile area, I learned a lot in this community, I have now decided to join and contribute my grain of sand, with my crazy ideas and modifications, I would be very appropriate to publish my responses without approval, but I will try to publish some messages, I hope to get along with everyone.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #2,603 of 15,519
hi all, I just joined the site today. I've always used Sennheiser and Logitech (mostly for gaming), and today I ordered the http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-wireless-headphones-with-mic  Based on the many reviews I read, I should be happy, but now my curiosity is piqued by the omg so expensive http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dynamic-headphones-high-end-around-ear-hd-800  Maybe one of these years I'll get them or ones similar to them.

Thanks for hosting this site! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,604 of 15,519
Hello everyone :) I am new to hifi and I find this site very informative, so thanks a lot!
I am wondering if there is a big difference in sound quality between CIEM and Universal IEM, Heir 8.a and Heir 8.0 in particular. Is this the right place to ask?

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,605 of 15,519
Hi all. I started my head-fi journey mostly lurking, with a handful of mid-fi IEMs, driven out of my cellphone and cheap DAP. Then I made the mistake of asking for advice for my first CIEMs. I got great advice, auditioned the JH13 which sounded super awesome, and thought that's it, mate. Endgame!

Nope. One deadly question follows another.

"And endgame CIEM deserves an endgame DAP."

Sold my FiiO X5ii for an AK100ii. Freaking happy. But then a disturbing thought appears.

"Let's dabble with cables. Eke out the last 5% in SQ."

Bought some upgrade SPC cables, great build quality and sound. But the deadly thought emerges now. Never go with stock.

"Why are all these people stacking their stuff up?"

So I researched amps, DAC/amps, desktop setups. Bought a CEntrance HiFi-M8. Great DAC/amp. I now have a stack.

"Now let's try powering some headphones with this baby."

Never having had headphones before, I started with the popular M50x and found the sound muddy and unlistenable. Oh dear. The headphones journey ended up being really short but precise. I got the HE400i and LCD-X. Endgame reached. Happy forever.

This would be my endgame portable setup for awhile. But THEN...

"I remembered how much I enjoyed portability."

So boom, not one but TWO CIEMs ordered. You might ask why. One is a soundstage monster going on the cheap on Massdrop, one is a bass monster on discount, with really nice mother-of-pearl faceplates! And of course they both need their custom cables! You can see my reasoning skills getting less and less convincing.

That's it for now, about 400 posts here, sharing and exchanging, occasional buying and selling. I read about an amazing system and join that thread. I read about some comparisons to equally excellent products, and learn more about it in respective threads, relentlessly pursuing excellence in sound. I don't see any signs of stopping yet. So what's the lesson learnt? Don't ask deadly questions!

So once again, the oft-repeated phrase.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet. Lol.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #2,606 of 15,519
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #2,607 of 15,519
  Hi all. I started my head-fi journey mostly lurking, with a handful of mid-fi IEMs, driven out of my cellphone and cheap DAP. Then I made the mistake of asking for advice for my first CIEMs. I got great advice, auditioned the JH13 which sounded super awesome, and thought that's it, mate. Endgame!

Nope. One deadly question follows another.

"And endgame CIEM deserves an endgame DAP."

Sold my FiiO X5ii for an AK100ii. Freaking happy. But then a disturbing thought appears.

"Let's dabble with cables. Eke out the last 5% in SQ."

Bought some upgrade SPC cables, great build quality and sound. But the deadly thought emerges now. Never go with stock.

"Why are all these people stacking their stuff up?"

So I researched amps, DAC/amps, desktop setups. Bought a CEntrance HiFi-M8. Great DAC/amp. I now have a stack.

"Now let's try powering some headphones with this baby."

Never having had headphones before, I started with the popular M50x and found the sound muddy and unlistenable. Oh dear. The headphones journey ended up being really short but precise. I got the HE400i and LCD-X. Endgame reached. Happy forever.

This would be my endgame portable setup for awhile. But THEN...

"I remembered how much I enjoyed portability."

So boom, not one but TWO CIEMs ordered. You might ask why. One is a soundstage monster going on the cheap on Massdrop, one is a bass monster on discount, with really nice mother-of-pearl faceplates! And of course they both need their custom cables! You can see my reasoning skills getting less and less convincing.

That's it for now, about 400 posts here, sharing and exchanging, occasional buying and selling. I read about an amazing system and join that thread. I read about some comparisons to equally excellent products, and learn more about it in respective threads, relentlessly pursuing excellence in sound. I don't see any signs of stopping yet. So what's the lesson learnt? Don't ask deadly questions!

So once again, the oft-repeated phrase.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet. Lol.

Well, normally when introducing yourself you get a "Welcome Aboard" reply or two, but since you've made 400 odd posts, all I can think of saying is "about time you introduced yourself" LOL

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #2,609 of 15,519
Hi all, I started my journey with the ATH M50s due to a recommendation from a friend lasted me for a few years (3 years to be specific) afterwhich I decided to move to open cans and auditioned the HD600s, 650s and 700s in which case i went for the 650s. Recently, Im slowly getting into custom iems mainly lurking and reading reviews here and there. Nice to meet all of you :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,610 of 15,519
Hi guys. New here, I'm an audio newbie looking to get some advice on some good headphones for gaming. My last pair were Astro A40's (I know, I know, terrible, but I knew nothing). Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to post a thread with more details to get some help from you lovely people? Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back