New Member Introductions thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,491 of 15,649
Hello, been lurking on this website and reddit for months. Decided to pull the trigger on it. Having a blast lurking still :wink:
My first true "audiophile-esque" headphones were the HD-429's. Fun things those were. Now am living with the ATH-5's (not 50's-5's.)

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,492 of 15,649
Hi, I'm a Newbie and I have a very basic question b/c I can't find it elsewhere on the internet...

I simply would like to put in a product enhancement request to Bose for something fairly simple.  But I don't know what site I should go to get to it.  This was the only place I could find a forum, so I'm trying here.  Does anyone have any advice or could point me in the right direction?

Best regards,

Liz

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2,494 of 15,649
  Hello, all and greetings from Detroit, Michigan (from where so much musical talent comes). My primary musical passion is Jazz and am especially drawn to the Avant Garde. However, I enjoy a large range of music including Blues, Funk, R&B, World Music, Indie/Post-Punk Rock and Classical.

The best headphones I have are a pair of Grado SR225e. I also have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 noise-cancelling headphones and Sennheiser RS-180 wireless headphones. I used to have a pair of Westone UM1 in-ear monitors, but seem to have lost them, so I'm currently shopping for a new pair of IEMs which brought me here.

I also purchased a pair of Sony wireless headphones (might have been MDRRF985RK) and feel that they were the worst headphones ever manufactured. The sound quality and range were terrible. When I got more than a few feet from the transmitter, I would get these annoying clicks. Also, moving my head at all would cause creaking noises from the cheap construction. I shouldn't have expected too much for the price, but these weren't even worth $5. Because of this and other disappointments with Sony products, I will never purchase a Sony audio product again.

I do photography as a hobby and have photographed many of Detroit's musicians. I don't know if the moderators would consider it spam if I posted a link to my website, but you can get there by adding .com to my screen name.

Thanks for reading,
Juan

Representing in the D!!!
Greetings and welcome to my fellow Detroiter! Come on in and make yourself at home. Lots of great people, information and advice in these forums.
I, for one, would very much like to see some of your photographs. I think it is a great idea. My brother is a semi professional photographer and have a very extensive catalog of concert shots he has taken. I'll see if I can get some of the better shots to share.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,495 of 15,649

Representing in the D!!!
Greetings and welcome to my fellow Detroiter! Come on in and make yourself at home. Lots of great people, information and advice in these forums.
I, for one, would very much like to see some of your photographs. I think it is a great idea. My brother is a semi professional photographer and have a very extensive catalog of concert shots he has taken. I'll see if I can get some of the better shots to share.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Hawkeye. Since you asked, you can view some of my music photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/juannonly/collections/72157622350744683/ or here: http://juannonly.com/musicSets.html.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #2,496 of 15,649
Hey,

Greetings from Atlanta! New to the Audiophile world, and would really like to get into it. Currently haven't bought my first 'Audiophile Grade' headphones yet, and still searching for the right pair of cans. Well I do have a pair of expensive (I didn't say nice) headphones... Beats Studio...I know, hated among audio enthusiasts, but I would like to upgrade to something nicer and more premium. My main hobbies are playing games on my PC, baseball, hanging out with my friends, and of course listening to music.

Thanks for reading,
Spelliam

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #2,497 of 15,649
  Hi, I'm a Newbie and I have a very basic question b/c I can't find it elsewhere on the internet...

I simply would like to put in a product enhancement request to Bose for something fairly simple.  But I don't know what site I should go to get to it.  This was the only place I could find a forum, so I'm trying here.  Does anyone have any advice or could point me in the right direction?

Best regards,

Liz

I suspect you shouldn't ask it in the newcomers welcome thread, but instead go to the parent subforum, the Help and Information forum, to find answers :)
Link: http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations

That what I'll do myself (I have headphones dying, and I'm gathering info on what to do or not to do to repair them, first time I'll disassemble one), but tomorrow, here, it's time for me to sleep, good night everybody :D

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2,498 of 15,649
Hello I am an audiophile from the great northwest.  Currently don't have a great setup but looking to upgrade so that's why I came here.  Hope to find all the info and help I could possibly need.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #2,499 of 15,649
my name is DragonAstaXiel pleased to meet you all, I have a serious question that I do not want to "jump the gun on" and 3 other places I have asked do not respond which sucks very bad like :p

I wanted to post a thread on this, but I seem to not be able to, maybe I needed to intro myself, or maybe is X days before I can, I do not know I hate waiting however.

Anywho, when I can any help in this regard would be a great deal appreciated, again, pleased to meet you....DragonAstaXiel

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,500 of 15,649
Hello my real name is Matt. I joined the website to get recommendations in audio equipment I should upgrade to and learn more about it. I really am not an audiophile by any means but I would like to get into some better stuff compared to what I have.  Right now the only decent pair of cans I own are the Ultrasone Pro 550. My hobbies are mainly playing video games and listening to music. I mainly listen to many different types of metal, Thanks for reading!

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #2,501 of 15,649
Hello out there . New to Head-Fi . I was doing a little research on gaming headsets vs headphones and found some of the forums here to be most helpful . New to amps and headphones also , hoping to understand and how to set up.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #2,503 of 15,649
I am new to the audiophile word so  I need help . I have recently bought a PS4 and tried a few Turtle beach headsets and none of them gave me that wow factor . So after doing some research I bought the ATH M50x . Sound great on my Sony Stereo , sound ok on my PS4 considering that they are plugged in to the controller . I need more SQ . Can anyone give me a recommendation , amp+dac combo or just amp ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back