New Member Introductions thread
Oct 9, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #2,386 of 15,539
Hi, my name is Charlie.  I've been reading Head-fi for several years, and finally took the leap to join in the hopes that I can purchase decision on some new IEM's and an around ear sealed.  I own a Philips X1 and a Sony XBR-4.  Not too happy with either one.  The X1 is hot temperature wise and an open design which no longer suits my needs.  The XBR-4 is huge, has high microphonics, and a cord that I am constantly untangling, also am constantly struggling with the fit.  Ugh!  Onward and upward to new and better things.......

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #2,387 of 15,539
Ayy there Head-Fi ! Been lurking this forum for quite some time and I decided to join!
Looking forward to share my thoughts and opinions with this community!
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #2,388 of 15,539
Hi everyone, long time lurker on HF. Got introduced to this site a long long time ago when I was contemplating getting the UE Superfi 5 pro, and this site has been invaluable since then in most of my audio-related purchases to this day. Looking forward to joining this massive community!

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,390 of 15,539
Hey, I'm Ace. I've been lurking a while, like a lot of people I think. I can't afford anything too expensive, but I've slowly been accumulating stuff that's cheaper or on sale, so I guess I'm accumulating some good knowledge on the low-end .

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,392 of 15,539
Hi all, another new very-long-time-past reader here of HeadFi :) of eight long years. Starting from my headfi journey of the trusty AD700 in 2006 and then all the way up to the Etys ER4Ps, MS PROs, W5000s, and a proud owner of KOSS ESP950s electrostatics, and a myriad of cabling/s afterwards - now settling in looking to downsize my entire setup.  Looking forward to interact with you all!

My W5000 case avatar icon is pretty much a "memorial" statement of my recently sold W5000s I had to sadly be parting myself away (kept since 2007) from as I needed to :**( oh well, such is life in this hobby!

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2,394 of 15,539
Hello, 

I've passed through this site and others in the past looking for reviews and recommendations for different types of headphones at inexpensive price points. My dad recently started manufacturing and selling the microZOTL2.0 as primarily a headphone amp, and, being the most convenient employee to go to his first shows as a vendor with him - I've probably even seen some of you in person at Capital Audio Fest or RMAF - I've started to become interested in quality audio in the form I most often listen, with headphones. 

I'm happy to answer any questions about the microZOTL2.0 or other Linear Tube Audio products, or, more likely, relay questions to my dad, Mark Schneider, whose online social interaction ends at email, but I'm mainly here to learn about headphones and audio equipment.

Currently have Audio-Technica ATH M50, Sennheiser CX300, Soundmagic E10 (and a graveyard of other earbuds), and a NuForce uDAC2. I do not have a microZOTL.

Best,
Will

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #2,395 of 15,539
Hey guys, my name is Nick and I have been lurking here for about a month and finally decided to leap into the world of audiophiles! I currently do not have that much equipment but hopefully that will change within a year. I already have a couple ideas on what to buy but don't want to jump the gun just yet. I hope I can learn a lot from this place.:)

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #2,396 of 15,539
hi all: just recently retired and now have time to enjoy life again after 30 + years. been dusting off the old equipment as well as adding some new. am an original backer on the  pono player  and started with the blue mo-fi headset ,next  the chc . to lazy to dig for my old superex probvi's  i picked up a set of pro bv"s and started to bring  back the good old days . currently using my career 4000 t preamp but am on order for the new audeze pre.currently looking at audeze, oppo, hi fi man, mr speakers,grado headphones.want to purchase  a good set of open type phones ,2nd hand but used with love for the best price possible so i may expand on my current re -  appreciation of listening to music.looking forward to easing myself into this as this is my first participation on the head fi forum. sincerely t.s.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2,398 of 15,539
Hi all. More of an AV/home cinema guy but recently replaced a B&W P5 that fell apart with the Master & Dynamic MH40, and added my first DAP, the Fiio X5 II. This now serves as my portable kit and, in addition to finally subscribing to Spotify premium to listen to on the go, I am really enjoying my commutes more. Previously had Shure SRH940s as well, but they never left the house except for use on flights. Hoping to learn a lot from this forum and contribute what I can. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #2,399 of 15,539
Hello everyone,my name is kyh and I feel very happy to join this forum. As English is not my first language,it takes me a lot of time to consider how to write this self-introduction. Anyway,I think i will have a good time here.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,400 of 15,539
Hi everybody, new HeadFi-er here.  Just got into the Audiophile game, have a set of DT990's and AKG K240S.  Love the sound of these two headphones so far.  Plan on making my own headphone cables soon and modding my DT990's.  When I have the time, I'll probably design an Amp and DAC to replace my E10K :)  I'll probably be in the DIY forums a lot!  See y'all out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back