New Member Introductions thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #2,281 of 15,538
Code:
[color=rgb(33,33,33)]
Hi guys,

for me it is a pleasure to be joining this great family.

My name is Paco.
I've been following you much time.
I am Spanish, Badalona, ​​a town near Barcelona.

Unfortunately my hobby has grown exponentially since almost a year and a half ago I had a serious motorcycle accident. I spend a lot of time at home and I always passionate music and HiFi.

Until recently listening to music through speakers, but I imagine that like most of you, the problem when you live in an apartment are neighbors. That's when I started to dip into the wonderful world of headphones.

Since childhood I have had many headphones, but always low end, of course. The best we had was a Shure SE210, which I still have, and a Grade SR80, fantastic.

This year and a half my evolution was as follows:

First I started with a Fidelio X2. I changed for a Hifiman HE-400i. Also I have a Takstar TS-671, exceptional for its price, and a NAD Viso HP50, as closed and portable, although I have for sale a forum for Spain.

The Shure, I spent about Vsonic VC1000, which I love, but I wish they had a little more bass.

I started in amplifiers with an IFI Nano Ican, then a Micro Ican, and now dispose of 2 teams: Violectric V90 + V90 Musical Fidelity Audio DAC and an NFB GD 11.32 ESS9018 chip.

As portable players, I had 40 GB iPod Classic, iTouch 32GB, iBasso DX50. Today I only use the iPhone 5, I find it much more practical.

Forgive this long introduction, but I really wanted to sit up with you.

Regards.
[/color]

Welcome to the forum Paco! I am also a few days into head fi and already addicted... How's the Hifiman treating you?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,282 of 15,538
Hello Darthamza,

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] As you have seen, my experience is still short with headphones level . Yet let me tell you they are very good for the price they have. They are very balanced , play well every genre. They have a very fast serious , but not very deep . The media treated exceptionally voices , both male and female and are very transparent . To my taste , it must not be the same as yours , they lack a bit of bass and treble, but too little too little. Nothing that can not be fixed with minimal EQ . As I read here and there is what they offer the HE- 560, but the price increase is very important for so little improvement. Although we know that for small improvement must shell out big money .[/color]

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2,283 of 15,538
Greetings Head-Fi community,

My name is Andrew. In the realm of music and animated chaos, I am Ahn'TiK.

Currently, I am working on my album which is the soundtrack to the comic book I'm still writing. Balancing my creative life with my work schedule is a constant challenge but, we do what we must because we love it!

Last month while hunting for headphones for late night work (when I actually can work), I stumbled across this wonderful site and supportive group. Thank you for embracing the curious and pointing them in the right direction.

Since joining just a few weeks ago, I've already invested in the Sony MDR-7520s and the Focal Spirit Pros. Actually, I'm in the process of burning those cans in right now! I'm still trying to understand my MDR-7520s... I'm not used to the treble representation since it doesn't sound like my studio monitors. For me, the higher frequencies feel a bit "smeared" rather than detailed. Maybe that will change over time as my ears become adjusted. Still looking for good open headphones too like the beyer 880 600ohms or the Shure 1840s.

My latest work is always under revision. To hear my latest musical snippets and ideas, I'm on Soundcloud & Facebook.

https://soundcloud.com/ahntik
https://www.facebook.com/AhnTik

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #2,289 of 15,538
  Hello,

I'm newbie to the Head-fi,  and wanted to be part of them
Hi everyone.

Thank

Welcome aboard. I'm still pretty new here too. There are lots of very helpful and friendly people here.
Have fun,
HE7

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #2,290 of 15,538
Hi,

My Name is Markus. I think that i bought my last headphone gear more than 10 years ago. Some Porta Koss Pro. Now commuting to the office nearly every day I am looking for higher quality headphones.

Cheers,
Markus

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #2,291 of 15,538
Hey what's up. New here and Iove it so far beside this stupid "ALL NEW MEMBERS' POSTS NOW REQUIRE MODERATOR APPROVAL. PLEASE BE PATIENT. PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST." rule. That really sucks. Does anyone know when that rule stops?

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #2,293 of 15,538
Hey what's up. New here and Iove it so far beside this stupid "[COLOR=FF0000]ALL[/COLOR] NEW MEMBERS' POSTS NOW REQUIRE MODERATOR APPROVAL. PLEASE BE PATIENT. PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST." rule. That really sucks. Does anyone know when that rule stops?

when you stop being new :smirk:

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,294 of 15,538
Hi all! So, first off, in all honesty, I don't think this would really be considered a true "new member" introduction, as I have been on here for a bit now. In saying that, I thought it would only be fair for me to finally do a proper introduction considering the lengthy amount of time I've already been on here. In any case, without further ado, here goes nothing.

(I suppose I'll first start out with a few personal details in one paragraph and then I'll go into the more musical aspects of my life in a second paragraph, so feel free to skip ahead should you be more interested in the music rather than the man playing/listening to it.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Well, currently I am going to university at the local community college in my town for a degree in the Computer Sciences. I'm also working full time to pay for living expenses, educational expenses, and the occasional luxury expenses. I work at a computer security company, by the way, which works well with my chosen educational endeavours. My interests include listening to and playing music, computer software/hardware, the occasional drawing and/or writing, and sometimes, video games. My hobbies include playing piano and drums, composing and recording music, building/repairing/upgrading personal computers or computers for friends and/or family, setting up sound systems, small or large and personal or professional, for friends/family/myself, and browsing the internet in general to watch videos, frequent forums, consider buying products, find new software/hardware, etc. Long story short, I'm a musical tech guy. My favourite pastime of all, though, would have to be simply just getting to hang out and spend time with my friends. Sure, I like to watch videos, listen to music, play the piano, browse the web, and all, but at the end of the day, those activities really just aren't the same without another friend to enjoy them with. Anyway, that just about sums up my life, overall, so on to the music related topics.

Overtime, the one big question I have found a lot of people on this forum seem to be asking and the one that, if answered, is usually going to be the best way to get good advice on musical items and musical decisions is: "Whatcha got?" So, I suppose I'll just list out what I have, for what it's worth, in a bulleted list (My apologies in advance if there is a better place to put this).

Headphones:
  1. Beyerdynamic Tesla 1 Headphones
  2. AKG K3003i Earphones
  3. Grado SR225e Headphones

Speakers:
  1. Pioneer CS-R370-Q Speakers
  2. Magnepan MMG Speakers
  3. Two Onix Rocket UFW-10 Subwoofer drivers, each with a home-made enclosure
  4. Hennessey HD-2201
  5. Rear channel speakers from RCA RTD3136

Receivers:
  1. Onkyo TX-NR646
  2. Yamaha RX-V577
Sources:
  1. Custom built desktop computer
  2. Asus TP300-LA Laptop
  3. Nintendo Wii U 32 GB
  4. New Nintendo 3DS XL
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation 32 GB

I think that just about sums up everything, so I hope my introduction was at least of some interest to someone. Thank you for looking and have an excellent day!

Cheers,
Chris N.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #2,295 of 15,538
Hi,

My name is Kowdan. I'm from Taiwan.  I've read lots of articles in head-fi, and I would like to become a member of head-fi forum.
My earphone is Audio Technica W1000 and Westone W4R, and my AMP & DAC is Luxman DA-200.
I'm saving money to buy a STAX SR-507 and SRM-727 now.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back