New Member Introductions thread
May 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,681 of 15,540
Hi, I'm Deevey, producer and DJ for 20+ years and while I appreciate good sound, I tend to treat headphones more as a tool than just for pleasure.

Longtime Sennheiser and Sony user ... owning in the past Senn 414's, 465's and HD25sp's back in the late 90's and since the early 00's MDR-V6's and 7506's for the past 17+ years soon to swap over to HD25 Amperiors for something of a change. 

I am a bargain hunter, and don't believe your wallet should suffer at the cost of audio quality - even if that means being a year or two behind the "trend" 

Good to be here .. see you inside. 

May 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,682 of 15,540
Hi, I'm Deevey, producer and DJ for 20+ years and while I appreciate good sound, I tend to treat headphones more as a tool than just for pleasure.

Longtime Sennheiser and Sony user ... owning in the past Senn 414's, 465's and HD25sp's back in the late 90's and since the early 00's MDR-V6's and 7506's for the past 17+ years soon to swap over to HD25 Amperiors for something of a change. 

I am a bargain hunter, and don't believe your wallet should suffer at the cost of audio quality - even if that means being a year or two behind the "trend" 

Welcome to head-fi sir. If you are looking for a good bargain, then look up MrSpeakers, and get your self a Alpha Prime. The Alpha Primes are on sale for $799, $200 dollars cheaper than they were before the close out sale.

May 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,684 of 15,540
Welcome to head-fi sir. If you are looking for a good bargain, then look up MrSpeakers, and get your self a Alpha Prime. The Alpha Primes are on sale for $799, $200 dollars cheaper than they were before the close out sale.

Thanks for the recommendation but in my world 20% is merely a discount, not a bargain 
wink_face.gif
 - big difference. 

I honestly have Zero interest in the Alpha Primes anyhoo. 

May 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,685 of 15,540
Just wanted to drop by and say hi to everyone here. 
bigsmile_face.gif

New member here. And I'm new to high quality audio equipment too. Currently using a Sennheiser HD 518, but hopefully I'll be able to invest in better headphones in the future. I love listening to music more than any other form of entertainment, and this is why I'm willing to get into this world of high end audio hardware.

Looking forward to learning more from my time here.

May 17, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,686 of 15,540

I own both HD25 and Amperior, really enjoy them. I find Amperior to have a little too much mid-bass though very capable headphone. I run them with an iBasso DX50. If you go to utube look for the inner fidelity comparison by Tyll, he's a great source for feedback and compares the two.

May 18, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,688 of 15,540
Hi Guys,
Grabbed my first pair of headphones awhile ago to finally upgrade from the stock freebies I have acquired over the years. Sennheiser HD449, Entry level I know, but a great step up from any thing I have ever owned before.
Joined to get more knowledge and find my next pair, I feel its time to upgrade.

Cheers

May 18, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,689 of 15,540
Hi, everyone! Head-fi has been a great source of knowledge (and drama, it seems!) for me ever since I become a resident lurker, so I guess it's time to not stand in the shadows anymore. I'm certainly no audiophile but I love to listen to all kinds of music and all the gear that I have and will have are just a means to an end of great sounding music!

May 19, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,690 of 15,540
  This is Mike from Melbourne Australia. I am a new member. Hi to all others who have recently joined. Perhaps I should have simply called myself mike540 rather than the somewhat pretentious gold540. Of course the relevance of this name is that I own a pair of HD 540 reference gold Sennheisers. However they stopped working some years ago.  One channel was intermittently losing connection and now that state of affairs has become permanent. Having made do with lesser phones I now wish to resurrect the Golds and restore them to their former glory (much like my life). However as the prognosis is unclear I am also thinking about acquiring the HD598 in the mean time. This purchase would be accompanied by a low cost USB DAC/Amplifier. Cheers.

You have to check out the HD540 appreciation thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/670255/wow-sennheiser-hd-540-reference-are-so-good

There are several of us who are in the process of restoring our HD540's.

Welcome to head-fi.org.

May 19, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,691 of 15,540
Helllo,
My name is Victor. I'm an audiophile.
I'm live in Vancouver, Canada .
My main system - Bosendorfer VC2 / Brodmann VC2 , Primare SPA 21, YBA CD initial (as cd transport), Moth audio 300b Paradigm.
My coputer system - PC, Sound Blaster Audigy RX, Foobar 2000, Final Audio Pandora Hope 6 , Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm.
I don't like Apple products.

May 21, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #1,692 of 15,540
Hi everyone.

Just joined and posted a review of my recently acquired RHA MA750i's.

Decided to join after making great use of the reviews on the site to make my buying decision.

I started with in-ears back in 2006 with my Shure E4C's that were gifted to me by another forum group of members in appreciation for work I had done administering that site.

Being my first set of in-ears after always having used over the head phones, they took some getting used to.

I've accumulated other in-ear headphones over the years but none were built as well or performed as well as the Shures. They recently died so I started my hunt for replacements and ended up with the RHA MA750is.

They are a huge step up from the Shures in terms of the sound.

I wanted to say thanks to the various users and reviewers on this site - really helped with my buying decision.

Another Australian.

May 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,693 of 15,540
Hi everyone,
My name is Adam.  I just recently became addicted to headphones.  I started with hifi-man he 400i's and then just bough some audeze el-8 and all of the sudden my wish list is huge.  I imagine joining this forum is going to be very very bad for my wallet.
--Adam

May 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,694 of 15,540
Hi everyone,
My name is Adam.  I just recently became addicted to headphones.  I started with hifi-man he 400i's and then just bough some audeze el-8 and all of the sudden my wish list is huge.  I imagine joining this forum is going to be very very bad for my wallet.
--Adam

You started in the middle and at the top. You are definitely in trouble, dude :D

Whatever you do, don't get into home theater as well. That would blow your credit card out to a whole new level. :wink:

May 21, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,695 of 15,540
Starting to get into Hi-Fi audio. I've been a musician for over a decade. Play a lot different stuff but master of TWO instruments... maybe three. 

Just made my first big purchase of some Beyerdynamic DT770 32 ohm Pro. Decided to get them over the 80 ohm because I want to be able to use them with my iPhone and Sony Xperia Tablet without an amp.Though now I'm looking into DAC/Amps between $150 to $300.

Been lurking for over a week. So I'd thought I'd finally register and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back