New Member Introductions thread
May 10, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,651 of 15,519
@Reddog : Truth is I have a specific idea, after hearing many headphone..  (Sorry, it was misunderstood.. I don't looking..I found that what I want.. not Sennheiser product)
Otherwise, thanks for your feedback, proposal!

May 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #1,652 of 15,519
Hi new user here, been lurking the DIY posts for sometime. Unfortunately I have a crap load of broken ear buds and substandard on-ear headphones that I've kept buying and repairing for a family members. I been very mean keeping my Sennheiser HD485 to myself. Recently found, repaired and moded a pair of Sennheiser HD428 that are now coveted by the family. Also been making custom cables and working on a braided set, just trying to narrow down the connectors to use, and reading up on the DIY and Frankenphones others are building. I realize that's not all. I've got a Cmoy Headphone amp I built with an AD823. Eventually I'll post some pictures when I can or host them somewhere.

May 10, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,653 of 15,519
Hi new user here, been lurking the DIY posts for sometime. Unfortunately I have a crap load of broken ear buds and substandard on-ear headphones that I've kept buying and repairing for a family members. I been very mean keeping my Sennheiser HD485 to myself. Recently found, repaired and moded a pair of Sennheiser HD428 that are now coveted by the family. Also been making custom cables and working on a braided set, just trying to narrow down the connectors to use, and reading up on the DIY and Frankenphones others are building. I realize that's not all. I've got a Cmoy Headphone amp I built with an AD823. Eventually I'll post some pictures when I can or host them somewhere.

Welcome to Head-Fi, hardwiredcnd!  

You will be able to post pictures, embed video, etc., once you post some more on the threads.  Find a couple of threads you are interested in, post, and once you reach a certain number of posts, you will be able to post the pictures.

Take care, and welcome again!  
bigsmile_face.gif

May 12, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #1,657 of 15,519
Gday everyone

I've just joined after been a reader for quite a while.  Belated thanks for all of the helpful advice.  

I've always considered myself to have a reasonable appreciation for audio quality... as far back as spending gift cash on "premium" cassette tapes.  My first jobs paid for a minidisc player, which i still remember as one of my most exciting audio purchases.  Listening to mp3s on my Panasonic SV-SD85 SD card player was probably a step back audio wise, yet was still pretty cool at the time given its ridiculously small size.  My first step up to good quality audio came from a pair of Etymotic ER6s... one of the those defining moments where you hear new things in tracks you have listened to for years.  From then on I realised Apple earbuds would never cut it ever again.  

While we all have our stumbles (e.g. Bose On-Ears), I'm now a happy owner of Sennheiser HD700s, along with a Woo WA7, generally used with a Macbook Air and Audirvana.  And for portable listening... Shure 535s paired with my iPhone 5s.  Although i'm currently deep into researching my options for a decent DAP.

I'm looking forward to getting a bit more involved in discussions.
Cheers
Gazmo

May 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,658 of 15,519
Hello all,

New to the site, but have been checking out the articles for a while. Big music fan, but recently have been trying to buy some equipment to enhance the listening experience but still learning lol.

May 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,660 of 15,519
Hello, New member, long time lover of music, who has been lurking for a couple months after viewing some youtube vids by Hifiguy528 & also by Jude.
When quoting someone else's post(s), how do you make it say "Originally Posted By" ?
Just want to make certain credit is given where credit is due!

May 12, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #1,662 of 15,519
  Hello, New member, long time lover of music, who has been lurking for a couple months after viewing some youtube vids by Hifiguy528 & also by Jude.
When quoting someone else's post(s), how do you make it say "Originally Posted By" ?
Just want to make certain credit is given where credit is due!

That's a good question, beats me . . . I'm just as new to this as you, sorry.

Just push the "Quote button at the lower right of the member you want to quote's post and it will appear under "Reply" when you type a reply.

Welcome to Head-Fi, both of you (and everyone else)!

May 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,664 of 15,519
May 12, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,665 of 15,519
I am relatively new hear and my gear is entry level. Setup is Laptop with Foobar2K > Fiio E10K > Creative Aurvana Live 2
I will try almost anything as long as the production is good. 
I have learnt quite a lot since I joined here but I know there is still much to learn and I am looking forward to it 
bigsmile_face.gif
I love good mastering 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back