New Member Introductions thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #796 of 15,534
Hi all, been lurking here over the years and reading reviews mainly and since buying a Jolida dac with headphone out it's made me compare it with my other dac/headphone amp of the Chinese variety . As the Jolida dac has only a 3.5mm socket and my Grado 325's are 6.3mm I had to use my B & O A8 to try it out. I have since bought a 3.5mm extension cable and 6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor. I also have been looking at buying some other headphones, in the meantime I read about mods for the 325's and trimmed the ear cushions a bit flatter and found them fuller in the bass and more comfortable, however I still find the foam itchy and irritating after a short time. So here it is the first question, where can I get some leather ear cushions to fit the Grado's.

So no takers regarding comfortable ear cushions recommendations

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #797 of 15,534
Hi,

I'm Toni from Finland. I've been a headphone addict since 1991 when my school library was throwing away their "broken and obsolete" headphone gear. They gave me couple of Sennheisers and Beyerdynamic phones and then i became addicted to audio DIY stuff also.

Very informative and professional site. Hope to get help when needed and offer help anyway i can.

ps. Sorry for bad english.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #798 of 15,534
Hi you all, I have been a long time lurker here but finally took the plunge and registered.
I just switched from a 6th gen iPod classic to a sandisk sansa clip+
And I use a pair of klipsch image S4 at the gym and a pair of Superlux HD-660 for regular listening, and sometimes a pair of Koss portapro.
Next up on my to buy list is a topping NX1 amp.
And a recable of the HD-660's.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #799 of 15,534
So no takers regarding comfortable ear cushions recommendations

I've been thinking of changing out the pads in my sr225i's. Think I'm going to try velour pads for the Beyerdynamic dt770's. I had a cheap set of headphones with some pleather on ear pads that fit on my grados. Bigger bass.. But the cups turned and flipped off the head way too easy.. lol.. also it didn't improve comfort that much.. back to the stock pads, but I think those beyer ones look really nice and should be super comfortable. We'll see...

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #800 of 15,534
I've been thinking of changing out the pads in my sr225i's. Think I'm going to try velour pads for the Beyerdynamic dt770's. I had a cheap set of headphones with some pleather on ear pads that fit on my grados. Bigger bass.. But the cups turned and flipped off the head way too easy.. lol.. also it didn't improve comfort that much.. back to the stock pads, but I think those beyer ones look really nice and should be super comfortable. We'll see...

Will be very interested to know how they fit and feel.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #802 of 15,534
Just saying hello, as well. I've been wearing IEMs at work (open plan office, yay) for about 10 years. Started with cheap-o Koss earbuds, and moved quickly to Shure E2s, then ec2, e2c, e4, se215 (current) pair. I have some wire on order to repair some of my older Shure's (brittle cables) and hope to throw some pics of that project up when complete.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #803 of 15,534
Hi guys 

Craig here.  I'm the CEO of Wikia -- the company whose platform Head-Fi runs on.  Before Wikia I ran Gracenote, which I'll guess many of you will recognize because of it's digital music technology. Had the pleasure of spending an hour or so with Jude yesterday who was at Wikia and wanted him and all of you how much I appreciate the community that has built here.   I've been very happy to be a part of it in the background -- I've hung out and learned here for a long time -- and am very excited to be a bit more visible thus the new profile and introduction.

I guess I'm kind of a headphone/audio geek. I travel a lot (over 150K miles a year) so for me, my portable rig is my lifeline to music and sanity and it goes everywhere with me.   Currently sporting Audeze LCD-XC headphones and a Hugo DAC/amplifier coupled via a Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cable.  Most often I'm connected to my iPad running Onkyo HF player or my Macbook running Amarra Symphony w/IRC.  Also have a set of AKG K3003s if I need a bit more low-profile in-ears and a drawer full of other in-ears and headphones I've tried along the way.

Nice to meet all of you!

Craig

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #804 of 15,534
Hi,

My name is Jeremy and I am a general gear perfectionist which is unfortunate for my wallet.  I have always been very in tune to audio having done some light recording and performance in my past and gravitate to the light/sound boards at shows whenever I can.  In the past, I've been more of a speaker and custom IEM type of guy but recent tastes have brought me to the over-the-ear headphone world.  I'm also a huge proponent of versatility which has brought me to this board many times, in search of a stand-out all-around headphone.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), there is a wealth of knowledge here in this community to guide me in the direction that my ears dictate.  

Thanks and looking forward to many more posts!

-Jeremy

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #807 of 15,534
Hi everyone. I've just fallen into the rabbit hole of audio gear and have signed up to learn more.

I've set off on this journey with Philips Fidelio L1's, driven by a Fiio E11K, fed from a Fiio E10K, running Bitperfect on my Mac and playing ALAC files.

Hopefully I do this place even slightly proud :)

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #808 of 15,534
  Hi everyone. I've just fallen into the rabbit hole of audio gear and have signed up to learn more.

I've set off on this journey with Philips Fidelio L1's, driven by a Fiio E11K, fed from a Fiio E10K, running Bitperfect on my Mac and playing ALAC files.

Thats a very good start.
Few things I can suggest.... 
Look up and download the trial version of Audirvana for MAC OS. If you like it the full version is around £40 iirc.
And download some really high res files in FLAC or WAV.

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #809 of 15,534
Hello everybody. I'm new to here, but not very new to hifi. I just want to say hello to you.

Welcome to Head-fi! 
beerchug.gif

Here's a few links to get you started.
A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies
Headphone Buying Guide
Frequency Response Of Headphones : To help you understand what you are hearing.
Describing Sound A Glossary : To understand the mumbo jumbo that Head-fiers throw around.

Just saying hello, as well. I've been wearing IEMs at work (open plan office, yay) for about 10 years. Started with cheap-o Koss earbuds, and moved quickly to Shure E2s, then ec2, e2c, e4, se215 (current) pair. I have some wire on order to repair some of my older Shure's (brittle cables) and hope to throw some pics of that project up when complete.

Welcome to Head-fi fr0sty! 
beerchug.gif

Shure 846 on the cards too? 
wink.gif

Hi guys 

Craig here.  I'm the CEO of Wikia -- the company whose platform Head-Fi runs on.  Before Wikia I ran Gracenote, which I'll guess many of you will recognize because of it's digital music technology. Had the pleasure of spending an hour or so with Jude yesterday who was at Wikia and wanted him and all of you how much I appreciate the community that has built here.   I've been very happy to be a part of it in the background -- I've hung out and learned here for a long time -- and am very excited to be a bit more visible thus the new profile and introduction.

I guess I'm kind of a headphone/audio geek. I travel a lot (over 150K miles a year) so for me, my portable rig is my lifeline to music and sanity and it goes everywhere with me.   Currently sporting Audeze LCD-XC headphones and a Hugo DAC/amplifier coupled via a Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cable.  Most often I'm connected to my iPad running Onkyo HF player or my Macbook running Amarra Symphony w/IRC.  Also have a set of AKG K3003s if I need a bit more low-profile in-ears and a drawer full of other in-ears and headphones I've tried along the way.

Nice to meet all of you!

Craig

Welcome to Head-fi Craig! 
beerchug.gif
 Nice of you to introduce yourself here, even though you're behind the scenes.

That's a great setup you have there. We'd love to hear your impressions and comments in the forums.

Quote:
  Hi,

My name is Jay and I am a general gear perfectionist which is unfortunate for my wallet.  I have always been very in tune to audio having done some light recording and performance in my past and gravitate to the light/sound boards at shows whenever I can.  In the past, I've been more of a speaker and custom IEM type of guy but recent tastes have brought me to the over-the-ear headphone world.  I'm also a huge proponent of versatility which has brought me to this board many times, in search of a stand-out all-around headphone.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), there is a wealth of knowledge here in this community to guide me in the direction that my ears dictate.  

Thanks and looking forward to many more posts!

-Jay

Welcome to Head-fi Jay! 
beerchug.gif

Looks like you're up to speed with the Head-fi way of life 
tongue.gif

See you in the forums!

Hi all, I have been registered since 2010 but I always mainly lurked.. Now I decided to kick-in a little and partecipate more
wink.gif

Riccardo

Welcome to Head-fi Riccardo! 
beerchug.gif

We've all been lurkers once :)
Dive right into the forums!

HI to all, I've discovered this forum since I decided to change my portable player, that is an android smarthpone, because it sound really bad and it can't store all my music. 

Welcome to Head-fi ! 
beerchug.gif

There are quite a few bang for buck portable players in every price range. You can start here

Welcome to the Rabbit hole!

Those L1s are quite special. Dive right into the forums and hide your wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back