New Member Introductions thread
Oct 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #601 of 15,522
Welcome.. Leo & David. I'm sure you will enjoy the social interaction with others, of similar audio interests. Head-fi is also an excellent source to learn more about the audiophile world. Even if you begin with fairly simple equipment, your tastes in music and equipment will evolve over time. Enjoy the journey!

Thank you Uncle Al, I'm here exactly for that, to begin understanding more about the audiophile world and buy my first piece of equipment :)
Maybe it will become a hobby someday, I hope so.

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #602 of 15,522
Hello there, Petru here. Been a lurker for a few years here, and today I finally decided to start posting.

Been writing for this small Romanian gaming & tech site, serving as their audio go-to guy.

My gear currently consists of:

1. ASUS Xonar Essence One AMP/DAC;
2. Fiio E18 portable AMP/DAC;
3. Philips Fidelio L2;
4. Creative Aurvana;
5. BrainWavz HM9;
6. Audio Technica ATH-M50;
7. Sennheiser HD650;

I have several other pieces gathered via the blessed job of writing about audio stuff, but that's about it. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #604 of 15,522
Gday all.

Been lurking in the forums for 6+ months now, reading all the reviews/recommendations etc..

Am not an audiophile, just like good sounding music
smily_headphones1.gif

Do not really have any gear at this stage, apart from Phiaton Chord MS 530 BT and some cheap philips over ears.

Am slowly working my way through forums learning and looking at what I need. Nothing to expensive
biggrin.gif

Many thanks for all the great posts, makes the learning a lot easier

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #607 of 15,522
Thank you Uncle Al, I'm here exactly for that, to begin understanding more about the audiophile world and buy my first piece of equipment :)
Maybe it will become a hobby someday, I hope so.

Thanks, Asham.. If you intend to fully pursue an audiophile hobby, I have a couple tips: Read the head-fi threads as you can so you can learn as much as you can, including, the pros and cons of headphone and amplifier types, brands that have developed consensus as providing excellent audio. Next, select equipment that reflects your listening style, and the types of music you enjoy. Let This be your guide to purchasing the right headphones, regardless of price and remember, pairing headphones to the right amplifier can make a big difference in the level of your listening enjoyment. Best of luck to you--

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #608 of 15,522
Hello,

My name is Jonathan, been reading the forums for a while after a friend recommended the site. Right now I'm in the midst of a move and revamping my audio/pc/theater setup. Looking for my first pair of audiophile quality headphones and eventually a nice desktop amp. So I guess its off the Help and Recommendations subforum.

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #610 of 15,522
New to the site. I started out with my Samsung Note 3 that I use to listen to some music.

Then I started to look for a good headphone and bought B&W P7. Really enjoying the headphone so far.

I am considering to get iFi Nano iDSD as DAC & AMP next. Wonder if anybody using similar setup.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #613 of 15,522
Hello to all.  Name is Jim. It was time to stop lurking so here I am.  Some of my equipment for home is HD800 and Woo WA22.  On the road I use AK120 II and Shure SE846

Welcome to Head-Fi! You have yourself a great pairing regarding the AK120II and SE846. Check out the SE846 impressions thread if you haven't already, as it is pretty active with lots of info, comparisons and a friendly environment.

Again, welcome to you, and welcome to everyone!

Oct 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #615 of 15,522
Hey guys! Greetings from Virginia! I've been consulting the forums here for a while and now I decided to join in on the fun. I love vintage solid state and now am getting serious about headphones and such. My first set of really good phones were the JVC flats I bought based on the reviews here and those things have gotten some good use and still sound as fantastic as when I bought them. I just picked up a Fiio E6, Monoprice 8323s, AT Noise cancelling headphones, and some JVC IEM and a pair of RipTidz on ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back