New Member Introductions thread
Oct 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #616 of 15,544
hi all , I'm dion.. just registered couple weeks ago after head-fi meet in indonesia, and I'm from jakarta.
beyersmile.png

my setup from beginning and current are:
headphone/iems : senheiser hd202-II > Vsonic Vc02 > shure srh440 > beyerdynamic dt770/80 > AKG K551 > AKG Im70
amps : ibasso Dzero > JDS lab C5D
player : ibasso DX50 sound unlock beta os mod
~
I want to explore how magical the soundsig for each cans and discover unlimited possiblity of matches (...or synergies?) between all portable aspects (cans, amps, and players) , not fairly new to audio.. but not an expert either, looking which one will suit my taste and my wallet
L3000.gif

and yes, my wallet... it feels so light after every upgrade
atsmile.gif
my music genres mainly are : acoustic covers, ballad, J-pop, pop and slow musics
will first go to recommendation thread for cans upgrade
beerchug.gif
cheers  :D

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #617 of 15,544
Hi,
  My name is Phil and I recently purchased the Fiio x3 about two days after I saw it on amazon.com and read up a little about it on the internet.  The opportunity to listen to my many 24 bit FLAC or ape files that I have, about a 1500 gigs worth of Phish shows, on a portable device was too enticing to delay.  I have been spending all the time to use dbpower music converter and convert show after show down to ALAC if the originals were 16 bit or convert them to mp3 so that I could put them in i-tunes and actually put them on my ipod.  On top of the awesome ability to finally listen to hi-def audio on the go there's also the memory factor that was an added bonus to me.  My old 8gb ipod would hold about 11 shows at a time, unless converted to a lossy format, now if I can figure out how to get my x3 to play my .ape files I will have plenty of space.  I assume I am a lot like most of the people here, who sees the value in hi-def audio that makes these new mp3 players far superior to the others.  I look forward to chatting with you guys and asking and answering whatever questions arise.
Oh yeah, I should add, I use an Asus xonar external sound-card/headphone amp for my computer as well as a set of relatively low-end Bleudio Hurricane Turbine bluetooth headphones, as well as a set of Senneheiser wireless headphones and a speaker system as well, consisting of Cykik speakers and subwoofer.  For my mp3 player I have not saved up the money yet for a good set of headphones.
Musical preferences: jam-bands, jazz, solo acoustic/amplified acoustic/acoustic bands, worship music
bands and musicians: Phish, Steve Kimock Band, The Slip, Schleigho, Keller Williams, Karl Denson, Lettuce, Trey Anastasio Band, Miles Davis, Grant Green, John Coltrane, Mahavishnu Orchestra, String Cheese Incident
PhillipKatz

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #618 of 15,544
Welcome Phil-- One of the key traits of the head-fi community, is passion! Passion for music, equipment and the desire to achieve the best audio possible. We all have different tastes, interests or focus, but we are all driven to reach new heights. Along the way, we help one another in that pursuit.

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #619 of 15,544
Hi,
my Name is Ralf and i want to purchase in the near Future my First headphone and Amp. Normaly i hear my Music with Hornspeakers but i Looking for a small Solution for my bedroom.
The Forum is Aggregat Inspiration an I Looking forward to find the right stuff .

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #620 of 15,544
Howdy y'all!

Gabe here, been using the site for a few weeks now and I figure I stop in and say hi.

Recently picked up a Schiit stack (Bifrost & Asgard) and now rocking some Grado SR80e. I am absolutely in love with the sound. Soon my HD-600's will be here and then I'm ready give the wallet a bit of a break and just enjoy the new gear.

The head-fi forums have been a great resource for narrowing down my recent buying binge and major detriment to my wallet but man it's fun.

Thanks to all for your help and a great site.

See you in the forums!

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #621 of 15,544
Hi,
my Name is Ralf and i want to purchase in the near Future my First headphone and Amp. Normaly i hear my Music with Hornspeakers but i Looking for a small Solution for my bedroom.
The Forum is Aggregat Inspiration an I Looking forward to find the right stuff .

Hey Ralf, the same quest led me to this great community, and in particular this thread for this great small dac/amp:

Aune T1 mk2 

400 + pages of glowing reviews says a lot, for the money.

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #622 of 15,544
Name's Daniel and I'm a longtime lover of music and quality loudspeakers. In the past year or so the need has arisen to find a way to enjoy high quality sound without waking up the rest of household, or the neighbors for that matter. Like many others I've found the salvation that headphones can provide; even though I've never thought of myself as a headphone user. I guess I just always figured "if you're in your own home, why put something on your head that most likely will induce some sort of fatigue when you can just turn it up to 11 and hear/feel the sound around you?

But now that I understand I've gotten myself a pair of Auduze LCD-2 rev2 and Hifiman HE-560 cans, both powered by WA's WA7d + WA7tp (with the upgraded EH gold plated pin tubes, an absolute required upgrade I feel). I guess you could say I've gotten hooked with no end to the addiction in sight *scratches neck

Hope to meet some nice people, learn a few things, maybe teach a few people some things; but overall just celebrate our collective love for music and the technologies we've been lucky to have in our lifetime.

Cheers                 

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #623 of 15,544
I'm becoming an audiophile by force.  I work in a cube jungle, so I started listening to music all day everyday so I wouldn't have to hear people munching their food, clipping their nails, constant coughing sneezing hacking, etc.  Also hearing the EXACT same conversation over and over and over from the same people every single day drives me up the wall.  "What's going on today Bob!?"  "Oh you know, did you hear about (top news story)?"  "I sure did, here is my unresearched opinion!"  :p  Music and audio in general is becoming my way of keeping my job instead of going office space on everybody.  I hope to get some good info on the forums to enhance my experience even further.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #624 of 15,544
Welcome Phil-- One of the key traits of the head-fi community, is passion! Passion for music, equipment and the desire to achieve the best audio possible. We all have different tastes, interests or focus, but we are all driven to reach new heights. Along the way, we help one another in that pursuit.

Thanks Unlce Al,
I certainly see the passion here already.  I will do all that I can to help others in their pursuit of the highest quality audio equipment and, therefore, listening experience as well.  I know thats certainly what I am interested in and can see quickly that others feel the same.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #625 of 15,544
Hello Head-Fiers

My name is Henry and, after several weeks of scanning the various threads and enjoying the informative and civil exchanges, felt this would be a great place to get an answer to my current equipment question.

First off, my equipment set up includes a Cambridge Audio Azur550c cd player (the Azur 752BD is on my wish list), Gemini PA-7000 pre-amp, Crown XLS 1500 amp (525 watts, 4 ohms), Cerwin Vega DX-9 speakers (400 watt, 4 ohms), AKG k702 headphones (62 ohms).  I have an Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable that I hardly ever use but will eventually upgrade given vinyl's comeback.

My question is whether or not I need a headphone amp with the Gemini...generally will the headphone outputs of home pre-amps and receivers suffice to drive the AKG k702's?

If not, I'm thinking of getting the FiiO Alpen-E17 and FiiO EO9K as this appears to be a highly rated combo for the AKG k702's though usually in relation to computer or iPod use.  Would I need both with the Gemini (if not, which one)?

Please keep in mind that, at 61, I have tinnitus that presents itself as a mid to upper-mid range hiss...in an environment with moderate ambient noise I have some difficulty hearing voices.

Looking forward to any and all replies.

HM

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #626 of 15,544
Hi everyone.  My name is Adam.  I am a headphone junkie.

I once upon ago started up as a speaker-building audiophile.  One slippery-slope naturally led to another.  Now, after years and years of lurking, linking, and digging.... I finally find myself posting here at Head-Fi.  I very much look forward to being part of this community.

These days, I have an obsessive problem with always trying to find the best bang-for-the-buck budget buds and cans.  I think it's easy(ish) to spend more money than your average peer and get excellent audio fidelity.  I find the real challenge (and hunt, and reward -- for me, at least) is to ignore all marketing hype, listen to the true enthusiasts, and dig, dig, dig to find that hidden gem. 

In the long run, I often end up spending waaaay more money in the long run than had I just bought nice equipment up front.  But it's all about the adventure.  I also love being able to share my treasures (and failures) with everyone -- which I do.  A lot.

Recently I've been on a budget bass-head kick. Brain-rattling sub-bass in convenient packages.  My present "daily drivers" so to say are Panasonic RP-HTF600 cans and House of Marley "People Get Ready" buds.  Last night, after too little sleep and too much obsessing, found myself reading the entirety of a 60+ page thread on Knowledge Zenith (KZ) earbuds and finally buying some to test out.

Long story short: I've followed Head-Fi for a very, very long time.  I want to thank everyone here for all of their contributions to audio nerdism.  And I now officially look forward to being part of it.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #627 of 15,544
Thanks Unlce Al,
I certainly see the passion here already.  I will do all that I can to help others in their pursuit of the highest quality audio equipment and, therefore, listening experience as well.  I know thats certainly what I am interested in and can see quickly that others feel the same.

Thanks-- Take time to feast on the bounty of head-fi threads and allow others to assist along the way, as you perfect your own vision or passion for audio nirvana. There will be time to assist others, and until then, know that we are here to help you.. and all of you, achieve desires in audio!

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #628 of 15,544
Hi, my name is Aji. I am new in this Audiophile world.

Right now I own shure SE 215, an old sennheiser hd 435 and cx 400. I don't own any amp or DAC, but I'm planning to buy DAC in the near future. Well i'm still learning, hope we can get along well.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #629 of 15,544
Hi all, 

My name is Tim and I've lurked on Head Fi for a few years now, finally decided to make an account and join the discussion. It all started when I decided I wanted to buy a "nice" pair of IEMs instead of using the crappy ones that came with phones and such. I had always liked good sound, and high quality music, but previous to then it was big speakers and receivers, nothing in the portable audio world. That's when I bought the Brainwavz M2s and my world was changed forever! ahaha. Since then I've owned two pairs of Audio Technica CKS 77s, a pair of Klipsch image S4s, then a pair of S4is, then to the Vsonic GR07 BEs. I recently ordered a pair of DUNU DN 1000s and I can't wait to get them! 

There's probably very little in this world I enjoy more than music, and as my library of artists and songs grow as it always has, hopefully my amount of equipment will grow too! Although not as fast, finding new artists doesn't cost nearly as much as getting new gear lol. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #630 of 15,544
I completely missed this thread somehow. Anyway, I did a thread for my intro, but just to throw out a short summary:

I'm a huge gamer. I have a pair of ad900s I don't use, and dt770s I use for my 3ds. I had a pair of dt990s, but sent them back for the fidelio X1 and the Akg k712. Now I'm trying to find a good amp for them (using my zxr as the dac. Astro mixamp for the console, though I may need an amp for that.)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back