New Member Introductions thread
May 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #14,641 of 15,564
Welcome mischiefunit and usjaz to the club!

May 10, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #14,644 of 15,564
Hello!

I have been a long time lurker here, but only decided to join today. And although I do not have a "golden ears" as audiophile says, I can tell the difference of sound signature of each pair of headphones I currently own and hopefully future ones.

Happy listening everybody!

May 10, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #14,645 of 15,564
Hello everyone! I started taking the audio journey about a year ago with the Edition XS. I soon traded that in towards an Arya Stealth, and then the Arya towards the new He1000v2 Stealth. I also started pursuing IEMs at the same time with the Blessing 2 Dusk. Yesterday I received a pair of Focal Clear and Xenns Mangird Top. I immediately realized I prefer the Focal house sound over the HIFIMAN, and am now looking to acquire a pair of Utopias! Hope to learn alot from you guys and to appreciate audio even more!

May 10, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #14,646 of 15,564
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I'm an audiophile since 15 years with speaker systems and diy and since 3 years (covid) i felt in the headphone and more so IEM rabbit hole. I would like to learn more about mesurements and the experience from other headfi guys/girls.
I think this is exciting community!

May 10, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #14,647 of 15,564
Hello, my Name is Lothar , living n Berlin and finally became a Member here at this lovly Place. I am a longtime Lurker but now i want to become a Member of this interesting , friendly , informative helpfull Comunity. I started my Head-fi Journey in 2016 when i was on the search for a Homeheadphone for the pure Plessure, ouside of my work as a prof. Soundengeneer, a passion that started in the late 80 s , in the DAW less, analog Times. I thought about to get me a HD800 and i steped over a Thread here, ( that s still alive and active ) called, Wow, Hd 540 are so good. I was reading the whole Story and got me a second Hand HD 540 600 Ohm. I have a vintage, fully restored by me Accouphase c 200 Preamp with a somehow great Headphoneamp build in. After i pluged the Headphone i I was emotional heavly touched, Tears run over my Face.

I had a very bad Time behind me , where i lost everything but my Live, and i was very ill , depressiv and couldn t hear to Music at all for Years,. Before Music was everything in my Live, i started as a Drummer with the age of 10, became a prof., or i thought i am ., later i had my own Music Recordingstudio for my own Bands and later for other People, it became my main Job, i did study etc, Bla Bla.. I am also interested in Electrotechnics , build my own ( Tube ) Recordinggear , modded and repaired Big Mixingdesks and prof Tapemachines, was kind of expert for Ampex 2 " Machines, build and developed my own Studiocondensermics.. study, study, study, still a Noob. So you see Music was really the main thing in my live. Times change, illegal Download of Music and Productionplugins and the whole difficult situation for Musicians and bigger Recordingstudios made it difficult for me., All the ( for me ) negative Impact made me seriously sick and in 2013 i had to quit all this when i wanted to survive mentallly, financial and physically.

So i was more than happy and thankfull about the find of this Forum and my sennyheiser HD 540s.
Over the Time i bought Hd540 Gold 300 and 600 Ohm, Rev 2 and all Revisions of hd 540 mk 1 . I absolutly love this Headphones. I even restored the original Pads and tried a few other Pads, I also tried some modding.
In 2019 i dicovered the world of in ear monitors, because i had to travel a lot and thought that this could be a good Idea to enjoy traveling more.
I bought me a second hand Ibasso Dx 200 with amp 1, 2 and 8 and a pair of Fearless Roland IEMs. I know from experience that ( for me ) it s better to get something solid fom the beginning , not to end up with a lot of cheap " Trash " in the End. Before i was reading some Test s and tried to collect as much info as possible. I thought if i get me a good Pair from the Beginning i am fine and happy, done. ( funny , no ? ). The Fearless Roland is a difficult Animal. Vocalls sound fantastic but at this Time i thought i need something additional , also for traveling. I got me a second hand Pair of Earsonic Velved, which i love ( i also have rev 2 and Se m 9 ) . Later i bought more in Ears , s8f, Roxanne, imr Rah etc, . I thought about selling my Fearless Rolands , but now i am extremly happy i didn t . With the right Tips ( Sedna vivid ) and cable ( 8 wire cema ms , cable 175 )i really love and understand this phone now. It was maybee not the best first in ear, but with some high boost eq i enjoyed him from the beginning, now i love to hear him without eq. i am not a big fan of digital eq in homeplaybacksystems.
i don t have the Money anymore i wish i had so i buy mostly secondhand. i also bought lots of Tips ( a costy habit ) because i detected fast that it s the Key for good sound. i also bought a dx 80 for travel and a Lotoo Paw Gold , and last week a brand new Astell Kern Pa 10 the new portable class a Headphoneamp, i couldn t resist, for me it s mindblowing good,
I am a man of science and i thought that , if solid and prof done , a cable doesn t make a lot of difference in a low impedence enviroment. In high impedance Circuits like a e guitar, cable and Amp it s indeed revelevant because the capitance of the cable and the inputimpedance of the Amp form a Lowpassfilter. With a bad 10m cable ( up to 3nF and a inputimpedance of500 k or 1 M Ohm of the Amp you end up with a very small bandwith only up to 2,5kHz or less. Anoying specially for Bass Guitar.
i wish it would be like this. Pitty I hear drastic changes in the presentation of a iem with different cables. I dont know why, there is not really a explanation for this. I see it like this.( for me ) It is real, maybee we don t have the proper Messuringequipment , In the 17th century, they had electricity, for example the Leidener Bottle, but they couldn t messure it , nor did they know what it is. You also can not messure the quality of art etc.

I am sorry for this long Post and for my bad written english , i speak quiet ok but to write something that doesn t sound like a child is difficult for me .

Greetings from the new Kid Lothar

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #14,648 of 15,564
Hello, my Name is Lothar , living n Berlin and finally became a Member here at this lovly Place. I am a longtime Lurker but now i want to become a Member of this interesting , friendly , informative helpfull Comunity. I started my Head-fi Journey in 2016 when i was on the search for a Homeheadphone for the pure Plessure, ouside of my work as a prof. Soundengeneer, a passion that started in the late 80 s , in the DAW less, analog Times. I thought about to get me a HD800 and i steped over a Thread here, ( that s still alive and active ) called, Wow, Hd 540 are so good. I was reading the whole Story and got me a second Hand HD 540 600 Ohm. I have a vintage, fully restored by me Accouphase c 200 Preamp with a somehow great Headphoneamp build in. After i pluged the Headphone i I was emotional heavly touched, Tears run over my Face.

I had a very bad Time behind me , where i lost everything but my Live, and i was very ill , depressiv and couldn t hear to Music at all for Years,. Before Music was everything in my Live, i started as a Drummer with the age of 10, became a prof., or i thought i am ., later i had my own Music Recordingstudio for my own Bands and later for other People, it became my main Job, i did study etc, Bla Bla.. I am also interested in Electrotechnics , build my own ( Tube ) Recordinggear , modded and repaired Big Mixingdesks and prof Tapemachines, was kind of expert for Ampex 2 " Machines, build and developed my own Studiocondensermics.. study, study, study, still a Noob. So you see Music was really the main thing in my live. Times change, illegal Download of Music and Productionplugins and the whole difficult situation for Musicians and bigger Recordingstudios made it difficult for me., All the ( for me ) negative Impact made me seriously sick and in 2013 i had to quit all this when i wanted to survive mentallly, financial and physically.

So i was more than happy and thankfull about the find of this Forum and my sennyheiser HD 540s.
Over the Time i bought Hd540 Gold 300 and 600 Ohm, Rev 2 and all Revisions of hd 540 mk 1 . I absolutly love this Headphones. I even restored the original Pads and tried a few other Pads, I also tried some modding.
In 2019 i dicovered the world of in ear monitors, because i had to travel a lot and thought that this could be a good Idea to enjoy traveling more.
I bought me a second hand Ibasso Dx 200 with amp 1, 2 and 8 and a pair of Fearless Roland IEMs. I know from experience that ( for me ) it s better to get something solid fom the beginning , not to end up with a lot of cheap " Trash " in the End. Before i was reading some Test s and tried to collect as much info as possible. I thought if i get me a good Pair from the Beginning i am fine and happy, done. ( funny , no ? ). The Fearless Roland is a difficult Animal. Vocalls sound fantastic but at this Time i thought i need something additional , also for traveling. I got me a second hand Pair of Earsonic Velved, which i love ( i also have rev 2 and Se m 9 ) . Later i bought more in Ears , s8f, Roxanne, imr Rah etc, . I thought about selling my Fearless Rolands , but now i am extremly happy i didn t . With the right Tips ( Sedna vivid ) and cable ( 8 wire cema ms , cable 175 )i really love and understand this phone now. It was maybee not the best first in ear, but with some high boost eq i enjoyed him from the beginning, now i love to hear him without eq. i am not a big fan of digital eq in homeplaybacksystems.
i don t have the Money anymore i wish i had so i buy mostly secondhand. i also bought lots of Tips ( a costy habit ) because i detected fast that it s the Key for good sound. i also bought a dx 80 for travel and a Lotoo Paw Gold , and last week a brand new Astell Kern Pa 10 the new portable class a Headphoneamp, i couldn t resist, for me it s mindblowing good,
I am a man of science and i thought that , if solid and prof done , a cable doesn t make a lot of difference in a low impedence enviroment. In high impedance Circuits like a e guitar, cable and Amp it s indeed revelevant because the capitance of the cable and the inputimpedance of the Amp form a Lowpassfilter. With a bad 10m cable ( up to 3nF and a inputimpedance of500 k or 1 M Ohm of the Amp you end up with a very small bandwith only up to 2,5kHz or less. Anoying specially for Bass Guitar.
i wish it would be like this. Pitty I hear drastic changes in the presentation of a iem with different cables. I dont know why, there is not really a explanation for this. I see it like this.( for me ) It is real, maybee we don t have the proper Messuringequipment , In the 17th century, they had electricity, for example the Leidener Bottle, but they couldn t messure it , nor did they know what it is. You also can not messure the quality of art etc.

I am sorry for this long Post and for my bad written english , i speak quiet ok but to write something that doesn t sound like a child is difficult for me .

Greetings from the new Kid Lothar
Wow, impressive
Welcome Lothar

May 11, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #14,651 of 15,564
Hi all. Been in the hobby for maybe a few months now, but I've quickly fell down this rabbit hole - still relatively fresh, so I'm hoping to learn more about the hobby here.

May 11, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #14,653 of 15,564
Hello all, first post. My journey down the rabbit hole probably started years ago with the classic Sony MDR V6. Since then it has taken me in many different directions and equipment owned but currently enjoying my Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth with Ifi Zen Dac Signature and Monoprice Monolith THX amp. With Tidal streaming it is a beautiful combo, endless fun and exploration. Happy listening everyone and I look forward to sharing ideas.

May 13, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #14,655 of 15,564
Hello all, first post. My journey down the rabbit hole probably started years ago with the classic Sony MDR V6. Since then it has taken me in many different directions and equipment owned but currently enjoying my Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth with Ifi Zen Dac Signature and Monoprice Monolith THX amp. With Tidal streaming it is a beautiful combo, endless fun and exploration. Happy listening everyone and I look forward to sharing ideas.
Total classic Sony! Sounds like me, well except I have not gone quite as far as you yet. Hope those HE1000s are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back