New Member Introductions thread
May 21, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #14,672 of 15,601
Hi! New to the forums. Kind of on a quest, like we all are, to find the absolute best gear combination for my ears and my music. Currently, I have a trusty old pair of Sony mdr xb950n1 which are my go to for mowing. Recently I’ve added a set of wired hyperx cloud alphas for gaming on my ps4, and most recently B&W Px7 S2 for just plain audio indulgence. Now I’ve added a Fiio Q3 to up my game and an Ifi hip-dac2 is on the way to compare. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and I’m streaming through Tidal HiFi (soon to be upgraded to plus for access to MQA). The new cans, DACs and tidal subscription have all occurred over the past 2 months…so yeah, I’m jumping in with both feet and still wet behind the ears. Anyway, that’s my story so far. Hello!

May 22, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #14,675 of 15,601
Hello, I’m Joel from Denmark. Happy to read and get some Ideas and inspiration here. Have been a bit scared away from another big forum where there is so little space for personal impressions that is suffocating. I look forward to read both data and impressions from other users here. All the best, J

May 23, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #14,677 of 15,601
Greetings and Salutations, my name is Mark and I am looking to sell some some hifi equipment I’ve purchased and used since 2020.

I know this isn’t the classifieds section, but since this is my first post I am creating an account to sell the following-
Sennheiser HD800S (purchased 2020 from Amazon, O.G box with both cables and pamphlets, also a silver set of Arctic Signum Series XLR Balanced Cables. Still operational and the best set of headphones I’ll ever own.)
S.M.S.L SU8 V2 DAC (purchased 2020 from APOS audio, stopped use in late 2022)
Schiit Bifrost DAC (Purchased late 2022, still operational)
Schiit Jotunheim Amp (Purchased 2020, still operational)
If you want the DAC and Amp stack I’ll throw in some balanced XLR cables for connections.

I am exiting the game to help me with a baby soon on the way, DM me for pricing, I’m flexible and ready to go! -Mark

May 23, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #14,679 of 15,601
Hi I am new here. I am a bit daunted by the range of headphone equipment available. Hoping to get a bit of useful knowledge here.
Hey I get that since that was me a few years ago as well!
If you're getting started with an IEM all you really need is this dongle as long as you can get your IEM to connect to the standard 3.5mm plug:
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35mm-headphone-jack-adapter

If you're getting started with headphones it becomes more complicated since you will probably need an amp to get enough power so you can start with something like this which is a DAC and amp in one!
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Portable-coaxial-E10K-TC/dp/B098TKMNKG/

May 23, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #14,680 of 15,601
Hey I get that since that was me a few years ago as well!
If you're getting started with an IEM all you really need is this dongle as long as you can get your IEM to connect to the standard 3.5mm plug:
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35mm-headphone-jack-adapter

If you're getting started with headphones it becomes more complicated since you will probably need an amp to get enough power so you can start with something like this which is a DAC and amp in one!
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Portable-coaxial-E10K-TC/dp/B098TKMNKG/
I’ve got a pair of Cyrus Soundbuds I use with my phone and Grado sr60x but I want to move up a bit

May 24, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #14,682 of 15,601
Hello. My name is João, I´m from Portugal. Have been a long time lurker, but finally decided to join.
I've been in this hobby (headphones) for several years now. But I always find that is invaluable, other peoples experience with gear and their opinions to enrich my knowledge, and therefore make more enlightened decisions. Obviously my ears are the most important part, but I can´t ear all that around.
That´s what I'm seeking here, and also to give my contribute to whoever may need it.
Cheers Everyone.

May 24, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #14,683 of 15,601
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
My Name is Michael I have just registered I am an Audiophile I love all sorts o music

May 25, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #14,684 of 15,601
Hi my name is Michael from Kenya. I'm a long time member, but I stopped posting for a few years and I guess they took away my account... I'm a long time music lover, I've been rocking some budget HD429 and PortaPros for years.
They both broke so instead of just buying new PortaPros which were great, I'm looking for an upgrade😁

May 25, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #14,685 of 15,601
Hi my name is Michael from Kenya. I'm a long time member, but I stopped posting for a few years and I guess they took away my account... I'm a long time music lover, I've been rocking some budget HD429 and PortaPros for years.
They both broke so instead of just buying new PortaPros which were great, I'm looking for an upgrade😁
What was your account name back then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back