New Member Introductions thread
Nov 30, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #14,133 of 15,551
Hi,

I've been reading and getting to know some things about portable & desktop audio here on and off for a good while.

It's great to read about and relate with different experiences of other people's audio journeys in their parts of the world, and also to see how music moves us and helps us in a way to get through different life situations.

Well, I'm happy to see that we're here to share and openly relate with music and all things of life to help others and ourselves in making this world a better place one day at a time.

=)

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #14,138 of 15,551
Now then,

my name is Michael and SpiegelEule is one of the usernames I use in forums, occasionally also an anonymizing alias in areas where it's better not to be known by name, I'm from Germany, but I only feel like a resident of this blue marble that has been tumbling through space for billions of years. Some call me a world citizen, I call myself an earthling, you call me what you like.
I registered mainly because I've been reading along here quite a bit, and occasionally wanted to reply to a post but couldn't, so it's not impossible that I'll occasionally reply to a post as well, or maybe even create a thread of my own if I feel it's necessary, since I haven't found anything in the forum that makes creating a thread superfluous.

Michael

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #14,139 of 15,551
Hi. I'm a life long lover and enthusiast of all types of music and a brand new user of headphones and the paraphernalia that goes with them. Right now I have a Audeze LCD 3 and a Woo Audio WA 6 SE 2nd Gen with upgraded tubes - Rectifier = 274B Sophia Mesh Plate & Drier/Power 13EM7 with adapter (NOS). The WA 6 SE is hooked up to a Moon by Simaudio 390. I noticed a hum when I switched out the stock driver tube pair that came with the WA 6 and am quite bummed out because that was not the case with the stock tubes. Other than reporting the issue to Woo Audio are there any suggestions on corrective action steps?

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #14,141 of 15,551
Hello all,

First off Im not nealy as new as I appear to be…

Im back into headphones and related gear after a long hiatus, I originally joined waaay back in 2006 under username UncleFestive. HD650s were the bomb, had a Heed Canamp, remember trying to get bit perfect from my Creative Labs soundcard in my pc, I had one of the original Audio-GD Compasses with the Sun Moon And Stars discrete opamps, good times! Tried to rejoin under my old username, but i no longer have the email account to reset my password, so here i am.

Moved on to audiophile gear, most recently had a Cambridge CXN V2 and a Marantz SA-8005 feeding an Yggy OG to a Freya+ pre into a Plinius SA-100 MK3 powering a pair of Acoustat Model 4’s with interfaces modded by Roy Esposito. Lately it seemed all i was doing was listening to the gear and not enjoying the music so i sold the lot of it and purchased a modest headphone rig.

Im currently running a Schiit stack of a Bifrost 2/64 and a Jotunheim2 with a pair of Senn HD6Xx and a pair of Hifiman Sundaras. Ive got a Schiit Modius waiting to pair with my Magni Piety when (if) it arrives. I alo am waiting for the arrival of a set of used Focal Clear MG headphones im dying to try out. Oh and i still have a dusty Audio-GD R2R-11 sitting on a shelf, the CXN V2 for streaming and a Teac PD-301 player for old school CD spinning.

Im usually pretty much a lurker and an antisocial misfit, but ill try to post up more and contribute to this fine community! See you on the boards……👋🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back