New Member Introductions thread
Nov 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #13,097 of 15,539
Welcome, and I have read many articles that say that both of those are really good iem. I too really enjoy iems, there is just that really intimate aspect of them.
I think the Oracles are great for the price and sound mostly neutral with a bit of added bass and are a great all rounder for me. The MKII are absolutely fantastic for jazz although the double bass can be a litte overbearing on certain tracks.

I agree on the intimacy of iems and much prefer them to headphones for this aspect.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #13,099 of 15,539
About 15 years ago I bought my first "real" speakers and invested in a relative "good" setup. Since a year now i've decided to go into the headphone rabbithole and so far i'm enjoying it alot. I've bought a HD800s for classical music, Focal Clear MG as my daily driver and recently bought a Hifiman Arya. This new area of the audio-enthusiast hobby excites me and looking forward to learning more about it on head-fi.org.

Nov 14, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #13,101 of 15,539
I've been lurking for a bit. Thought I'd make an account. I'm not an audiophile but I'm a musician (only as a hobbyist these days though) and love music, so I'm slowly going to try out some more low-to-mid-tier audiophile stuff.
Nothing too exciting, nothing too elaborate, but just a handful of stuff so that I can enjoy music more (and for working on audio for film projects).

Nov 15, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #13,102 of 15,539
Hi long time lurker but figured I should make an account officially.

I have been an audio guy since hearing a buddy's car audio system back in high school. Always loved the music and the feeling of bass rumbling underneath my butt and pounding my chest. Started going crazy with car audio with various vehicles. Then started into home audio at the same time with some headphones in the past 3-4 years. Have tamed down on the bass levels tho. For headphones I am currently running the RME ADI 2 DAC FS driving Hifiman Ananda and Focal Elegia. Also have some blown Sennheiser 598. Bose QC35 IIs and Kefs ANC for traveling.

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #13,108 of 15,539
Hi everybody, new member and also new inhabitant of the HiFi world.
All that I got are HD streaming apps on my smartphone and Creative Outlier Air v3 wireless earbuds!
Welcome, since you are new to the hobby just wait until you dig deeper into the forums and see all the wonderful choices there are out there. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back