New Member Introductions thread
Oct 30, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #13,067 of 15,519
Hey. New to high end headphones. Looking into the LCD XC as I need a closed back for mixing and tracking in a less than ideal environment.
Hey,
I use the Beyerdynamic MMX300 Gen1 with the silver DT770 pads, which gives a little more bass and less treble. The black ones have less dense foam, I have a Gen1 and Gen2 with stock pads). The Focal Elegia is a nice closed back too, had one last week. The Beyerdynamic DT1770 might be good also, it's pretty neutral and not the "bass cannons" people who've never had them think it is. The ones I wouldn't get again was the DT770 80 ohm, would pick either the 32 or 250 (the 600 ohm got discontinued but their North American repair company Consolidated Sound Services has the 600ohm drivers for $58 each if you want the added detail). A couple of weeks ago I had the Sennheiser HD598CS and it was really cheap used, and sounded really good, even when I tested it with my phone. A lot less choices for closed backs, but there's some good ones out there. Haven't tried the Dan Clarke AEON closed back yet, keeping my eye on eBay for a pair though....

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #13,068 of 15,519
Hello everyone, I've been into high quality headphones for over 20 years. It all started with casually visiting a local dealer which resulted in listening to some Magnepans and some digital drive subwoofers, but I didn't have the space or money at the time. They recommended that I try some of their Grado headphones, and I was immediately impressed by the detail.

Since that initial encounter, I've become an expert at sitting up Magnepans in my living space, and have gotten an Audeze rosewood LCD-2, from the time right before the fazors. To me, the LCD-2s are like a portable Magnepan system.

Fast forward to today, and I've recently gotten the finest audio system that I've ever encountered, the Shure KSE1200 system. After some initial problems with my amp/energizer unit, I finally got it back and it works and sounds absolutely fantastic, but I'm still dealing with customer service with this matter. I'd hope that my situation is an isolated situation. If anyone at Shure wants to contact me, feel free. I'd rather not go into details until the situation is resolved.

To finish my introduction, the KSE1200 audio performance has peaked my interest in the Stax systems, so I see my audio system evolution continuing for the foreseeable future. I'm looking forward to bouncing ideas off this communities' vast knowledge base.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #13,072 of 15,519
Hello fellow head-fiers, new to this forum but have been "in & out" of audiophile for a long long time. Since 2~3 years back have been into headphones / IEMs and the more I educate myself on acoustic and psychoacoustic the more I'm convinced that my previous audiophile life was filled with myths and to a degree ignorance .. thus decided to "turnaround" and be a knowledgeable audiophile. So first thing first for now I'm learning as much as I can on all about sounds. Look forward to interact with you folks and exchange and learn. Cheers ..

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #13,074 of 15,519
Hi! I'm George. I'm looking for a high-end player. I'm relatively new to the hi-fi world. Any recommendations.
Welcome -- and check out the various DAP threads. (I'm assuming by "player" you mean DAP.) I'm an iBasso user, myself, and use their DX300 as my high end player. Something smaller might be the DX160 or brand new DX240. Claim to fame to the DX 300 and DX240 is interchangeable amp cards, although iBasso is not the only company to do this.

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #13,076 of 15,519
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on here and decided to join so I can actually interact with the community and hopefully get any questions I have answered. My current system is a Monoprice Monolith THX 788 Amp/DAC and I just recently got a pair of Sony MDR-Z1R and Campfire Audio Cascade. I'm in the process of building a warmer sounding DAC/Amp stack and could definitely use some help. I was able to get a Schiit Bifrost 2 for a decent price but am unsure of what amp to pair it with, especially since I'd like to have it balanced and have plenty of headroom for some planars I want to get in the future.

It's a pleasure to be here!

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #13,079 of 15,519
Hi all think I'll jump in on this as well I've lurked for years,finally got round to making a member really interested in funk and disco music showing my age I know,always liked the personal setup still remember my first Walkman and headphones etc just picked a ifi hip dac 2 today I'll be scouring the classifieds for a nice set of over ears in the future,thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back