New Member Introductions thread
Jul 27, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #12,769 of 15,539
Jul 27, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #12,770 of 15,539
Hello everyone. For a while now I’ve looked at headfi threads when researching audio, so I decided to make an account in case I want to interact with threads. I like both speakers and headphones, and I do music production as a hobby.

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #12,773 of 15,539
Hello,
Not really new but inactive for a long time and my account no longer worked. Wow, a lot has changed since I last was active in 2014. Can be quit overwhelming but at least the top of the line cans from then can be found at a lot better price now. Looking forward to a meet in the Bay Area.
A bay area meet would be awesome! (Florida right? Don’t know if there’s another Bay Area)

Jul 29, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #12,775 of 15,539
Hi, my username is Philips. I live in the Netherlands. but my name is misleading because i mainly use japanese hifi components like Marantz, Onkyo, Sony and Kenwood.
Only the speakers and turn table are European. Wharfedale and Philips.

I will open a topic about a Citizen CBM 2000 PCDP as soon as possible.

I also have two portable CD players. Sony D-11 and D-140.
For headphones I use a second-hand Sony MDR-CD750.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #12,776 of 15,539
Hello everyone! Hiker816 here. I entered the audiophile world maybe six months ago, and have been drinking from the firehose since then, primarily by lurking on the forums here. I notice a lot of electrical and computer engineers in this hobby, but I lack any technical background (I'm a mere lawyer), so the learning curve remains steep. My home is not an ideal listening environment (little kids), so most of my listening is done in my office in a high rise downtown. Not ideal, but better than home. I started with an Audio-GD D-28 driving a set of Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX to see if this was for me. I quickly figured out it was, then jumped in head-first with a second-hand Raal-requisite SR1a & their HSA-1b amp. Still using the Audio-GD D-28 . . . I expect my next upgrade will be a new DAC, hopefully something like a used Hugo TT2+M Scaler if I can save the cash.

Thanks for having me!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #12,779 of 15,539
after lurking awhile i figured it was time to make an account

while i'm not sure this is the appropriate place to ask this question, i figure ill ask anyway. since i just started getting into dacs/amplification. i started with an e10k w/ a few pairs of easy to drive headphones shp9500/ATH-AD700x which i mostly used for gaming. a friend of mine recommended i get a pair of sennheiser/drop hd6xx. w/ the e10k i just thought they were ok and honestly thought id just use them sporadically and maybe sell them down the line. but a few weeks ago i picked up a schiit modi/magni heresy stack and OMG did these things come to life. they went from 6.5/10 to 10/10 i'd sell my kidney for these.

the question is: at what point do you justify the purchase/need to upgrade dac/amps and when did you upgrade in your headphone journey? at the moment ive just been buying different headphones to find out what i like. in recent time thats been senn hd6xx, 560s, 38x(i originally started because i wanted good soundstage/imaging for competitive gaming, but now its bleeding into music listening) and i have a hifiman he4xx on the way. (and no doubt ill be trying 58x/sundara soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back