New Member Introductions thread
Aug 1, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #12,782 of 15,540
Been lurking for a while and thought I'd finally join. I started a few years ago with a pair of shure SE325 iems and an ibasso dx50. These days I'm mostly desktop listening on a pair of LCD-X through a WA6-SE 2nd gen amp and an SMSL SU-9 dac.

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #12,784 of 15,540
Hi! Glad to be finally joining this forum after so long! Re-picking up this hobby after more than 10 years and gosh how things had evolved!

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #12,785 of 15,540
I bought ImMclovin’s 64 Audio U12t immediately after registering with Head-Fi in May. I’ve long preferred headphones over speakers, and now prefer IEMs over headphones – so long as the IEMs have custom tips. Etymotics were my first go-to and then, much more recently, Moonaudio’s Blessing 2: Dusk. Then the U12ts. But the hunt continues.😉

My players are the iBasso DX160 for the car and traveling, and DX300 line out to a Topping A90 amp. I just got an Amp12 module for the DX300 and am burning that in.

Head-Fi has been tremendously helpful in informing my buying decisions. But is there anyway to enable “bread crumbs,” a navigation feature that shows the path/location of a thread or post when one is there? Or a navigation tree? I’m trying to figure out where to post my experience getting a 3D Lantos scan only to find that 64 Audio doesn’t accept direct 3D scans (not of a mold). Suggestions? The ‘official’ 64 Audio thread? (But it appears it would just be another comment without a title there.) Another (unknown to me) thread specifically on 3D scans? Looking for that and, as a newbie, I can’t yet make a thread except here in Introductions, Help and Recommendations.

Or maybe okay to post here in Introductions, Help and Recommendations where I can make a thread (assuming if I don’t find one, first)?

Cheers, all. Happy to be here.

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #12,786 of 15,540
Hello all.

I'm new to the audio world. I've been a visual artist my whole life "photographer" and have always appreciated the highest visual fidelity possible, and it's finally time to add audio into the mix now that i'm shifting career into video game development. Video games are both visual AND auditory!

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #12,787 of 15,540
Hello all.

I'm new to the audio world. I've been a visual artist my whole life "photographer" and have always appreciated the highest visual fidelity possible, and it's finally time to add audio into the mix now that i'm shifting career into video game development. Video games are both visual AND auditory!
Greetings, TJC88,

Photography has been my main passion, also. Curious whether you're familiar with fredmiranda.com? Many works there as well as a Buy & Sell forum, much like Head-Fi's classifieds. I've been a member there since 2005. Like you, I've recently begun the search for Hi Fidelity in my audio. Different, but the same, yes? Welcome.

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #12,788 of 15,540
Greetings, TJC88,

Photography has been my main passion, also. Curious whether you're familiar with fredmiranda.com? Many works there as well as a Buy & Sell forum, much like Head-Fi's classifieds. I've been a member there since 2005. Like you, I've recently begun the search for Hi Fidelity in my audio. Different, but the same, yes? Welcome.
I am familiar with FM. I've sold gear on there over the years. I'm so thankful places like that exist. It would be such a loss to have to eat ebay fees every time I swapped out gear. Photo gear is every bit as expensive as high end audio stuff!

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #12,789 of 15,540
I am familiar with FM. I've sold gear on there over the years. I'm so thankful places like that exist. It would be such a loss to have to eat ebay fees every time I swapped out gear. Photo gear is every bit as expensive as high end audio stuff!
Boy, is that true (Photo gear is every bit as expensive as high end audio stuff). The key word, I suppose, is Swap. Just being able to do this at all -- try out new gear via the internet -- is marvelous. I'd recently swapped my Canon DSLRs for Canon mirrorless. But now audio has grabbed almost all my attention. I'm finding that the depth of some audio reviews surpass even the most comprehensive camera equipment reviews -- or so it seems. Probably a reflection of how much there is to learn, yet. :D

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #12,790 of 15,540
Boy, is that true (Photo gear is every bit as expensive as high end audio stuff). The key word, I suppose, is Swap. Just being able to do this at all -- try out new gear via the internet -- is marvelous. I'd recently swapped my Canon DSLRs for Canon mirrorless. But now audio has grabbed almost all my attention. I'm finding that the depth of some audio reviews surpass even the most comprehensive camera equipment reviews -- or so it seems. Probably a reflection of how much there is to learn, yet. :D
I have to say though, being able to view a photo taken by a lens over the internet and having to ship around audio gear to be able to actually hear it are two different animals! haha.

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #12,791 of 15,540
I have to say though, being able to view a photo taken by a lens over the internet and having to ship around audio gear to be able to actually hear it are two different animals! haha.
Roger that. I wonder if there even exist brick and mortar stores with a wide selection of IEMs, say. My guess is not, that one has to attend one of the large trade shows, of which I know nothing, yet. (Other members feel free to chime in here.)

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #12,792 of 15,540
Roger that. I wonder if there even exist brick and mortar stores with a wide selection of IEMs, say. My guess is not, that one has to attend one of the large trade shows, of which I know nothing, yet. (Other members feel free to chime in here.)
In a post covid world, its so much harder to find places that let you put things near your face. Camera or audio related!

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #12,793 of 15,540
In a post covid world, its so much harder to find places that let you put things near your face. Camera or audio related!
True again. Well, now to search Head-Fi and the Net for any such shows which, as you point out, are likely still on hiatus. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back