New Member Introductions thread
Feb 27, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #12,334 of 15,543
Hi all, new member here. Have visited the site for ages and finally decided to make an account.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #12,335 of 15,543
Hi guys! New member here. I have been checking this site for like a year or so but I think it is time to create an account and exchange a bit :)

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #12,336 of 15,543
Hi,
My name is Andy (in English) from Budapest, Hungary. I’m 62 now and long time reader of head-fi.
My first “Hi-Fi” gears were a Grundig tape recorder, an ITT mono cassette player and a mono Supraphone turntable wiht amp + small one way speaker.
That was in the beginning of the 1970’s. Now I have DAPs and DAC/AMPs and a little HiRes musical library (approx. twelve thousand albums) mostly Vinyl transfrers in 192KHz/24bit and 96KHz/24bit FLAC audio format (10 TB on external HDDs).
I registered here to learn more and more from the well-experienced members of this great site. :relaxed:

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #12,337 of 15,543
New member here, been lurking for awhile and have determined this is THE place to learn more about the ever growing and improving world of IEMs.

An analog head for many years... Pioneer and Mitsubishi receivers/amps, Polk, JBL and Pioneer speakers, Onkyo and Pioneer turntables, Sennheiser headphones, and tons of vinyl.

The switch to digital streaming media was long overdue for me, but I've finally arrived and liking it very much.

The Chi-Fi IEM market has captured my interest recently. A gazillion choices in a plethora of design types, sound signatures, and pricing tiers. This community has already helped me wade through this crowded market with well-informed and honest opinions from it's members. Maybe one day I will gain enough first-hand knowledge to help others as well.
Hello,
If you have tons of vinyl I recommend you make HiRes vinyl transfer instead of streaming digital media.
Believe me nothing is better than dynamic, clear sound of the vinyl in HiRes lossless PCM files.

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #12,338 of 15,543
Do you mean that there is a bigger difference in quality between the M15 and the M11 Pro (or between the iBasso DX300 and the iBasso DX220), than there is between the M11 and the m11 pro (or between the DX220 and the DX160)?

If yes, can you elaborate? I'm quite new to this DAP scene. What I know is the M11 Pro has excellent reviews, seems like it has the best price/quality ratio, and yes there is the M11 that's cheaper but it has not as good reviews and is probably more laggy due to lack of power.
If you don’t want to stream MQA files from Tidal, choose the M11 Pro for half the price of the M15. Plus, the M11 Pro has the THXAAA module, the M15 and the M11 not. The THXAAA is much clearer than all others. Just check out FiiO’s official site for the specs.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #12,340 of 15,543
I guess I better say hey to get things started. I'm an audioholic with way too much vintage equipment. I have way too many LPs, CDs, cassette tapes, and R2R spools. I subscribe to too many music streaming services. The word "too" is my wife's word. Too late for loud stereos. Too early for Smashing Pumkins. Too blue for Muddy Waters. Too far in the woods for Phil Woods. Too many bricks in the wall. However, Too much is never enough - I believe those are Billy Idol's words. My family, however, doesn't agree. So headphones it must be!
You said right! :beerchug:

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #12,341 of 15,543
Hi - First post. I was roommates with an audiophile in college, I assembled a decent system myself, but not audiophile quality. Working and raising kids left me with little ti,e to sit and listen to music, it became background, not a hobby. Over the decades as my old equiptment deteriorated and home computers became "CD Players" my computer became my stereo. In early 2020 I needed some new computer speakers and bought a pair of Klipsch R-51PM's! They sounded so good that my interest in stereo returned. I have since bought a Yamaha receiver and a set of Klipsch Heresy I's. I've rediscovered the joys of listening to music only, no video.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #12,344 of 15,543
Hi,

I've been listening through DT990 and AKG701's on an Essence STX II for the last couple of years. When I recently looked into upgrading my 20 year old stereo I got bitten by the upgrade bug and am now looking into upgrading my HP setup. Plan is first to get some kind of end game amp and then look into headphones again. I have Meze 99 classic, DT1990 and some planars (Hifiman or Audeze maybe but still very open topic) on my wishlist... I am also tempted by the LCD-3's but concerned about build quality and customer service based on what I read. AKG K1000 is also catching my interest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back