New Member Introductions thread
Sep 4, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #11,791 of 15,551
Hi Everyone,
I love great audio, prefer the sound of speakers but headphones are so much more convenient!
I have some LCD-2'S for music and some Sennheiser Momentum 3's for TV... I run these out of a Burson Audio Conductor V2+ which is the heart of my simple system 😊
Looking forward to learning from everyone's experience 🙏
Tim

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #11,792 of 15,551
It's me Nikhchan! Looking for a cheap but qualitative replacement for Xiaomi Mi Pro HD earphones!

I use MY PC with USB Headphones and My ASUS Zenfone 5z with HD audio support with Neutron player!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #11,801 of 15,551
Hi. I am also new here

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #11,804 of 15,551
Hello folks, thanks for letting me join your group! My name is Rod, living in Texas. Always enjoyed audio, but now that I'm a little older and my hobby of vehicle restoration is taking a toll on me in the heat, I'm shifting focus to something I've always enjoyed in the past and trying to learn more and more. I've made amplified headphones, tinkered around with adding BT to vintage cans, stuff like that. I'm employed as a Telecom engineer, but relatively new to the audio world. Certain electrical concepts have been long forgotten, as my work centers around light / fiber optic lines. My test was Ohm's Law heavy, but in the past years it's been unused. Hoping to get back into the swing of things and enjoy some threads with y'all. Since youth I've been a Pioneer fanatic. I know that's not the cutting edge nowadays, but that brand has never let me down. From my car to home, I've not once had a malfunction or dead unit or driver. Hoping to branch out to more with aid of this forum.

I own:

Pioneer SE-305 and SE-505, both modified to take balanced input

Pioneer SE-L40, mint in box (Aesthetically and aurally my favorite)

Pioneer SE-A1000, modded for balanced input

2 lovely sets of Recoton ST30 and Dokorders, both modded with 3 watt, 3" Sony speakers and 3w+3w amp, battery and charging circuit, and one with BT as well, all modded internally. These babies sing and bass like crazy and provide rich listening, although I know I'm definitely in the minority here. Headphones are always too quiet for me. These are probably my 2nd favorite pairs, and surely not impressive to audiophiles, but still my best achievement so far in the headphone modding arena. I have a lot to learn.

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5

Various vintage cans, modded for BT, with battery and charging circuit (LE-BO, Dokorder, Sansui)

A whole slew of Chi-fi IEM stuff as well.

Anyway, thanks for the add, hoping to learn more about tone controls, modding, and soon purchase a set of planar mags or electrostats soon!

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #11,805 of 15,551
Hi, my name is Celso!

New member incoming! First and foremost, thanks for letting me in, I used to always read a lot of the posts about certain headphones that caught my attention, but never had the guts to actually register and talk about audio stuff. Hopefully, I’ll get to learn a lot from everyone here! For my current gear, I use an iPad Pro, Sonata HD(though I am on the lookout for a new DAC/Amp...Any Suggestions?)...and for cans, I’ve been using MDR-7506s @home and HDJ2000 for outside-use...(also on the lookout for a new addition to the cans roster, but nothing that’d break the bank, please?)

Thanks again, and hope everyone stays safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back