New Member Introductions thread
Aug 28, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #11,763 of 15,551
Hello!

Been reading the forum and decided to register and join the community. I'm a pure hobbyist who enjoys music. During this pandemic I've been working from home and have been listening a lot during the 'lunch break' and 'after hours'. My headphone collection has been growing and I really love to have can rotation during my listening session.

Have a great day all and stay healthy!

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #11,766 of 15,551
Hey all,

New member here. Working from home had me digging out my HD600s and Bottlehead Crack amp. Added a Schiit Modi 3 after my Mac Mini and have just been having a ball. My 2 Channel setups are gathering dust for the time being and for now I’m fine with that.

Aug 29, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #11,768 of 15,551
Hello there,

I'm new to headphones and looking for advice.

I think what I'm looking for is closed, over the ear, low impedance, favoring clarity somewhat over bass. Will be used mainly with a phone/laptop for music, podcasts and movies, but also occasionally a guitar amp too. I have enough hearing loss that expensive products may be overkill for me.

I was looking at the AKG K275 on the high end of my budget because they're down to about $70, but I don't know if that is a good choice or if there are better products available. It gets confusing when you don't know anything!

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #11,771 of 15,551
Hello there,

I think what I'm looking for is closed, over the ear, low impedance, favoring clarity somewhat over bass. Will be used mainly with a phone/laptop for music, podcasts and movies, but also occasionally a guitar amp too. I have enough hearing loss that expensive products may be overkill for me.

I was looking at the AKG K275 on the high end of my budget because they're down to about $70, but I don't know if that is a good choice or if there are better products available. It gets confusing when you don't know anything!
Hi! So you’re looking for something closed at well under $100? I’m sure there are reasonably good headphone options, but I would suggest thinking about IEMs. Sooo many good, dirt cheap IEMs out there. Maybe the
Hello there,

In that price range, you should think about IEMs. So many budget options. Maybe look at Tin HiFi T3.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #11,775 of 15,551
Hi everybody,

i'm the next new member here, been lurking for a while. I'm kind of a headphone-lover or semi-enthusiast, as far as one could call me that.
My collection is not that great or expensive, but here i go: AKG Q701 (Quincy Jones), Grado sr125e, Grado sr80e, Audio Technica ATH-AG1X, Bowers&Wilkins P5, Bowers&Wilkins C5, Bose Soundsport, Bose QuietComfort 20 (old and new model), AKG Y100, some old but nice AKG on-ear (forgot the model) and a few even cheaper ones. All of them running on a Creative Soundblaster AE-9 (R.I.P Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 :disappointed_relieved:) and a Marantz SR5014.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back