New Member Introductions thread
Sep 1, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #11,780 of 15,524
Hello,
finally from years of passive reading... I join to head-fi community. Regards from Poland.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #11,781 of 15,524
Hi all,
First-time caller, long time listener. The usual sort of thing.
I've been using a 160gb iPod Classic for years now with some Grado SR80s for home and AKG 550s for work. Added a Fiio E17 which made things sound a bit better but the sockets and screen on that finally went and the Classic is starting to be a little creaky now. I splashed out on a Mojo which I'm using hooked up to the Mac while working-from-home but, of course, I can't use that with the Classic. Luckily, a kind soul gave me an old Astell & Kern AK120 that sounds great hooked up to the Mojo as well as on its own even if the side transport buttons don't work (which, I guess, is why I got it for free). Now, I'm looking for a nice pair of IEM's to replace the AKGs for if/when I go back to an office (suggestions welcome). I listen to all sorts of rubbish - pop, rock, electronic, classical and a bit of jazz but as an old man of 56, it tends not to be what the kids like.
Nice to be here.
Wil

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #11,783 of 15,524
Hi,
New member here, living in Germany at the moment. I love modding and listening to music on headphones.

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #11,784 of 15,524
Hey there whoever's reading! Thought I'd join as I've owned a good few pairs of headphones for travelling and have finally added a decent set of headphones (AKG K702) to my home hifi setup for late-night listening. Funny how things change when children appear in your life! As a professional opera singer and keen appreciator of various musical genres, I'm always interested to learn more about the reproduction of recorded music, particularly classical. Hopefully having learned a lot from this site already I might be able to contribute something from my own little niche!

Sep 4, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #11,789 of 15,524
Hi guys!

I've been lurking for a long time, but finally decided I wanted to make an account :) I love audio and designing things - I build headphones and speakers in a little lab where I work on all sorts of kooky designs. ~

My goal here is to learn what everyone likes, and other fun things I might not have known! Thanks for having me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back