New Member Introductions thread
Mar 2, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #11,191 of 15,590
Hello Head-fi'ers. Lurked here (and used the many wonderful member reviews to make purchase decisions) for years now so figured it's beyond time to join up.
Thanks to all who have come before and made this place what it is.

After upgrading to an LG G7 recently with the Quad dac my wired can/IEM fetish has resurfaced. I had fallen into the convenience trap that is Bluetooth for my work IEM's (SBH80, HD1 Free, EP-SB) and allowed my wired phone's to gather dust. Well no more!
The G7 sounds quite fantastic streaming Tidal and MQA tracks. Compared to my Oppo HA-2 there really isn't much in it to my ears.

I say all this leading into a rash of recent new purchases. One thing that has come to pass since I last bought head gear is an unbelievable level of market saturation which is a bit of a blessing and a curse. The curse comes in the form of seventy eleven million billion choices in every price bracket and that smoothly brings us to the blessing......unsold inventory and lightly used gear.

I have been able to quite easily find 5 sets of IEM's (I so wanted at one point or another) that only a few years ago (or less) were or near top of their price class for a mere 30-45% of their MSRP/street price. Brand new in the packages all of them. This allowed me to purchase all 5 sets for around the price of 1 sets full retail.
How is one to resist such temptation I ask you....how?

Just in case you're curious here are the 5 models I've picked up - RHA750i, Shozy Hibiki, RBH EP-3, Focal Sphear, TDK EB950

Anyway there is a bunch of stuff you didn't really want to know and my first post out of the way, lol hope I didn't break any unspoken length rules.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #11,193 of 15,590
New to the forum, but a long time lurker.. Been doing audio all My life.. I love music and enjoy creating a musical system
that works well in my surroundings.. I gave up my dedicated audio room and am still adapting.. I also got into headphones along the way.. well I always have headphones in use, but now more aware and involved thanks to the info on these forums. I used to moderate the audioasylum during its beginning years some 20 years ago now.. I look forward to participating.
Mike

Mar 3, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #11,194 of 15,590
Hi my names Ed. Was here 3 years ago stopping through as I got info on entry level equipment. Got Fiio X1 gen2, ATH M50x headphones and ATH E40 iem.

Recently brought the Noble Audio Falcon Bluetooth iems for work use and am back as now want a better DAP as well. Just what I needed another hobby and rabbit holes to fall down. Spose I better start saving :)

Mar 3, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #11,195 of 15,590
Hi all. Ive been using this website as one of my audio reference sources for almost a decade as a lurker. I've been maining some Hd6xx cans for the last couple years which with no major complaints. Recently bought a Thx 887 desktop amp on a whim, plugged in, and now feel like a whole new world of audio has opened up to me. So figured it best to finally make an account and jump down the rabbit hole.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #11,196 of 15,590
Hello all,

I've been lurking here since 2015, and have had a lot of help thanks to you all when searching for hi-fi gear.
I decided to join as i want to contribute a bit too, exchange with you and probably ask you for some guidance as well.

Thanks for letting me joing

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #11,197 of 15,590
Hi everyone! Also been a lurker for a long time)
Love headphones and how it looks, currenly have meze99, Audeze sine and HE400, but it's not easy to stop on this way). Hope I may also help someone with my experience one day)

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #11,201 of 15,590
Hello Head-Fi !

I've been an audiophile for 50 years since I talked my Mom into buying me a Dynaco SC-35 when I was 14. There was a great audio store in Milwaukee, WI with Klipsch La Scalas that were as big as me. Found the Dynaco on the used shelf in the back room. Bought my first pair of Koss HPs not long after.

I've read threads and reviews many times here over the years. Recently started listening to HPs more so decided it's time to join in.

Mar 5, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #11,203 of 15,590
Hello, I am Jack. I grew up with an audiophile family and now am getting into it myself. I started out with Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee and sparked an interest to upgrade amp and headphones. I currently have the Monoprice Monolith THX AAA Dac/Amp combo and Audeze LCD-2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

• DP42
Back