New Member Introductions thread
Feb 27, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #11,176 of 15,556
Greetings from Belgium!

I have recently taken the serious jump into headphones. After owning the Philips Fidelio X2's for a few years, coupled with a schiit Fulla, my first WOW moment was the purchase of the Campfire Audio IO IEM's. That snowballed pretty fast into getting the Chord Mojo. I found a great deal on a set of Campfire Andromeda's and that was it, I was lost... :wink:

A HD800s and SMSL SP200 made the package complete for home use.

I love re-exploring all the music that I loved over the years with these awesome sets of cans.
My Bottlehead Crack is on the way, let's hope I don't kill myself putting that kit together!

I hope to learn alot from you guys.

Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #11,177 of 15,556
Hi, I'm new to head-fi as a member but have been browsing for a few months now. I'm particularly interested in the DIY sections and anything that will educate me from hacker to designer.

I have just completed my first successful DIY build using eBay bought drivers and homemade carbon/wood cans. I'm very happy with the sound, but not entirely sure how I did it.

Looking forward to delving deeper into others experiences with DIY and finding out what or if there are some fundamental design rules to follow.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #11,181 of 15,556
Hi everyone,
I was reading the forums and the recommendations for some time, and now I decided to join "officially".
My rig is: Emotiva TA-100 (Spdif IN) & Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm. Also planning to upgrade my headphones.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #11,184 of 15,556
Hello - I am a new member and this is my first post. What brought me here was the recent acquisition of a pair of headphone valve amps - an Audio Valve Eartube-1 and a Millet MAX v1.2. Both amps were thrown away at an eWaste recycling facility where I share office space with that facility. The Audio Valve works beautifully, but I have a bunch of ??? regarding the Millet's operation. I'm no DIY hobbyist and have no idea how to operate it as well as what all the apparent test ports are used for.

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #11,185 of 15,556
Hello all. Been reading for almost a year and finally decided to join in.

Mar 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #11,186 of 15,556
Hello,

I am pretty new to the HiFi community. I just recently started getting into the HiFi world, and I am now learning a lot of new information about it. I am a member of AVSForum, Emotiva Forum, Polk Audio Forum, AVNirvana, Tidal, and now here. I'm in the process of buying some MQA DAC for my HT set up, and see if I can finally decide on which headphones to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back