New Member Introductions thread
Jul 22, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #10,353 of 15,564
Been lurking around the forums for the last few days decided to go ahead and sign up and say hello to everyone. Overwhelming is the word of the day, so much information for an technically challenged older guy ,lol. Going to have to invest more time into reading as I have been picking up on bits and pieces and sure I will comprehend and retain more over time. My goal is to improve My music listening experience . I mainly stream music via Spotify on my iPhone. I understand that the source of the music is the first step and have recently learned of A new streaming app called Deezer,And if I get the premium version I will be able to download cd quality music, if there are any other higher-quality music sources please let me know. My next step would be a quality set of headphones ,Definitely leaning toward the open back type. I’m looking for quality and value, so I’m not opposed to buying used equipment to save a little coin and get higher quality equipment. I’m Nowhere close to choosing a pair of cans yet but my short list is mass drop HiFiman he 4xx, Phillips shp 9500 , sennheiser hd 558 and a closed back Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm, . These headphones will be mainly use for music and my flavor is metal and classic rock . It would be cool if I could make a few contacts with locals to find out about any local gear fest or just someone that I could pick there brain whenever I have a question . Again this place is awesome thanks for having me and hello from Southeast Louisiana, gunslinger out.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #10,354 of 15,564
Been lurking around the forums for the last few days decided to go ahead and sign up and say hello to everyone. Overwhelming is the word of the day, so much information for an technically challenged older guy ,lol. Going to have to invest more time into reading as I have been picking up on bits and pieces and sure I will comprehend and retain more over time. My goal is to improve My music listening experience . I mainly stream music via Spotify on my iPhone. I understand that the source of the music is the first step and have recently learned of A new streaming app called Deezer,And if I get the premium version I will be able to download cd quality music, if there are any other higher-quality music sources please let me know. My next step would be a quality set of headphones ,Definitely leaning toward the open back type. I’m looking for quality and value, so I’m not opposed to buying used equipment to save a little coin and get higher quality equipment. I’m Nowhere close to choosing a pair of cans yet but my short list is mass drop HiFiman he 4xx, Phillips shp 9500 , sennheiser hd 558 and a closed back Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm, . These headphones will be mainly use for music and my flavor is metal and classic rock . It would be cool if I could make a few contacts with locals to find out about any local gear fest or just someone that I could pick there brain whenever I have a question . Again this place is awesome thanks for having me and hello from Southeast Louisiana, gunslinger out.
Welcome aboard, @Gunslinger686!! As you are learning, there is lots of information here on the site. Take your time and have fun! Oh, and btw, of the headphones you list, my preference would be for the HiFiMAN--FWIW.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #10,356 of 15,564
Hello! Came across this forum a number of times whilst researching new headphones, looks like a great source of info and help. And friendly!

Ended up with some DT770 250ohm. I wanted a set of closed backs for recording guitar and have finally had a chance to enjoy listening to music for the first time since having children! (8 years now!!).

Did have some nice mid range Hifi gear years ago but don’t have the space to sit and listen to a good setup anymore. Headphones seem like the best bet lol. Have to admit to only using Spotify nowadays...

Now looking for an amp/DAC. Secondhand Mojo looks perfect. Off to search the forum and do some reading. Thanks

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #10,357 of 15,564
Hi I've been visiting the forum on and off for a while, to see reviews etc on HD players and headphones. I have a Pioneer xdp300r with audo technica athm50x headphones.
Though lately Ive been having some minor issues with the pioneer so I'm hoping I could get some pointers on it

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #10,358 of 15,564
Hey,

Been lurking for awhile but decided to actually register when I became a bit more serious in the hobby. Just picked up a pair of Solaris as an upgrade from my Jupiters and I'm now ready to start investing in some desktop equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back