New Member Introductions thread
Oct 15, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #8,746 of 15,564
1st post here. Greetings from Victoria, BC, Canada.

I'm not a big headphone guy but becoming more interested as my listening environment and time of day that I can listen change.

My original headphones from the 80's (Koss K6a maybe?) are long-gone as are the pair of Porta Pro I had with my walkmans.

I'm very much a vintage guy. My main system is a Sansui AU-7700 and TU-7700 with Paisley Research AE400 or Celestion Ditton 44 speakers. Mostly vinyl with a variety of turntables, including a Yamaha YP-D8 and a Technics SL-1210 Mk2 that currently has a modded Rega RB250 tonearm on it.

My 1st headphone purchase when I got back into stereo was a pair of Philips SMP8500, for about $15 at a overstock / clearance outlet. I had some $5 thrift shop Sennheiser HD450s. I have a pair of Pioneer SE-20A that I think I'll put in my office at work next to the Pioneer SA-5200 / TX-6200 there. I have a pair of Kenwood KH-52 ... also thrift shop finds.

Just the other day I found a pair of Realistic LV-10, with the original box. I've got new foam cushions on order for them from Koss. Might be my best find yet. We'll see.
1st post here. Greetings from Victoria, BC, Canada.

I'm not a big headphone guy but becoming more interested as my listening environment and time of day that I can listen change.

My original headphones from the 80's (Koss K6a maybe?) are long-gone as are the pair of Porta Pro I had with my walkmans.

I'm very much a vintage guy. My main system is a Sansui AU-7700 and TU-7700 with Paisley Research AE400 or Celestion Ditton 44 speakers. Mostly vinyl with a variety of turntables, including a Yamaha YP-D8 and a Technics SL-1210 Mk2 that currently has a modded Rega RB250 tonearm on it.

My 1st headphone purchase when I got back into stereo was a pair of Philips SMP8500, for about $15 at a overstock / clearance outlet. I had some $5 thrift shop Sennheiser HD450s. I have a pair of Pioneer SE-20A that I think I'll put in my office at work next to the Pioneer SA-5200 / TX-6200 there. I have a pair of Kenwood KH-52 ... also thrift shop finds.

Just the other day I found a pair of Realistic LV-10, with the original box. I've got new foam cushions on order for them from Koss. Might be my best find yet. We'll see.
Awesome way to go, combining seek and search for vintage and finding super bargains. I found a pair of Pioneer SE-50 headphones including the original storage case and all paperwork for $25. It is amazing to hook them up and listen to my earliest album purchases from my teen years, a real trip down memory lane. I have many "better" headphones but none of them evoke the memories like these do.

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #8,752 of 15,564
hello

I've been reading the head-fi forum for years and I've finally registered. (need help with my XDP-30 pioneer I will explain my problem in the XDP-30 forum)
passionate about good quality sound I have fallen into portable audio players and headphones in recent years.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #8,753 of 15,564
Hello from germany.

I've been reading the forum for several months now and finally decided to register. Lots of information for me.
I'm liszening to my favorite music ( classic rock, Blues etc) via Sennheiser HD 598 and a no name mini DAC. Great sound with FLAC.
Just bought Soundmagic IEM for my daily commute. Next year I'm heading for an audiophile Smartphone. Thanks for all the good advice I read so far.

Juergen

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #8,756 of 15,564
Hi Everyone,
Have always been in to audio; just discovered the headphone niche. So far so fun.
Have some Hifiman Sundara's that I really like as well as some Sennheiser 58x's.
I watch "badguygood" audio on youtube and as a result I have some Magaosi 4 driver IEM's and a pair of closed back
URBANFUN_Urbanfun Trandsound ONE HiFi Headphone 45mm Beryllium Diaphragm on the way....Am I a sucker for a good review?

Cheers,

Mike

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...&orderId=95240379033573&productId=32815973404

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #8,757 of 15,564
Hi Everyone,
Have always been in to audio; just discovered the headphone niche. So far so fun.
Have some Hifiman Sundara's that I really like as well as some Sennheiser 58x's.
I watch "badguygood" audio on youtube and as a result I have some Magaosi 4 driver IEM's and a pair of closed back
URBANFUN_Urbanfun Trandsound ONE HiFi Headphone 45mm Beryllium Diaphragm on the way....Am I a sucker for a good review?

Cheers,

Mike
Welcome aboard, Mike!! You are in a good place for your budding headphone interest, that is for sure. Enjoy!! :)

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #8,759 of 15,564
Hello Everyone, I've just started this journey into better audio listening after discovering that I could listen to my favorite songs in all Lossless glory, which I didn't before, So I'm starting to go into the deep end of Audiophile forest & found out this forum as my guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back