New Member Introductions thread
Jan 28, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #7,293 of 15,538
Hello. Total newb and reading through the website. Looks like a lot to learn :wink:
You've come to the right place. I agree the first message is very helpful and a good start guide!

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #7,297 of 15,538
Hi i’m new. I had zero headphone in mid december. Now i have focal clear, hifiman he 560,aeon flow closed massdrop thxoo ebony, b&o h7, b&o h9,dt770 80 ohm and two more coming. I womder whether hanging here i the forum is healthy for my wallet.
Welcome, @fivedollah!! You apparently may have some sort of malady... ---))

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #7,300 of 15,538
Hi All

Lea (pronounced Lee) from UK. Ex Electronics Eng (EE), now in IT. Recently bought a Bravo v2 as I'm returning to my HD580's after a 5 year break. Designed and built my Hi-Fi speakers including crossovers with the assistance of Ruark many moons ago using various Scanspeak drivers. Technics Class AA and matching CD player but recently looking into Tidal and currently using 320kbs Spotify (Spot maxes out at 19.5kHz).

Looking to mod my Bravo v2, and will hopefully be able to post my findings on the appropriate forum soon.

Cheers
Lea

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #7,301 of 15,538
Hi everyone, I'm new to headfi but not new to the headphone game. Just gonna try to become slightly active on here and have soem fun.
cool! have fun here. There is plenty to learn and also contribute :)
Hi i’m new. I had zero headphone in mid december. Now i have focal clear, hifiman he 560,aeon flow closed massdrop thxoo ebony, b&o h7, b&o h9,dt770 80 ohm and two more coming. I womder whether hanging here i the forum is healthy for my wallet.
Wow you aren't messing around are you?! I might have to ship a ventilator to you for your wallet... How you liking the Clears? We at MTME are very fond of them!

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #7,302 of 15,538
Hello, hope this is the right way to do this. Longtime audio enthusiast looking to do a midlife gear upgrade. 2 channel home stereo and headphone setup for both home and office. Been reading for months but I have some questions now. Thanks

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #7,304 of 15,538
For office I have an Hd6xx coming from massdrop. In anticipation I purchased a Schiit Magni 3, and that is currently powering an AKG K240. Looking to buy a DAC to go with the Magni 3, probably a Mimby. Current sources are I pad air 2 or Chromecast.

On the home front I have an old pair of wharfedale mfm 5s that have served me well, powered by an old JVC receiver, and an audio Technica turntable. The JVC has seen better days and I'm going to relegate it to my garage when I upgrade. Looking at the Schiit saga/Vidar combo, if I like the Mimby in the office I may just buy another of those for home.

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #7,305 of 15,538
For office I have an Hd6xx coming from massdrop. In anticipation I purchased a Schiit Magni 3, and that is currently powering an AKG K240. Looking to buy a DAC to go with the Magni 3, probably a Mimby. Current sources are I pad air 2 or Chromecast.

On the home front I have an old pair of wharfedale mfm 5s that have served me well, powered by an old JVC receiver, and an audio Technica turntable. The JVC has seen better days and I'm going to relegate it to my garage when I upgrade. Looking at the Schiit saga/Vidar combo, if I like the Mimby in the office I may just buy another of those for home.
Welcome aboard, @Rensek!! Sounds like you are getting things organized. Have fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back