New Member Introductions thread
Jul 10, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #6,016 of 15,538
Hello, my user name is Almostbulletproof - long story - but my name is Peter. I am totally blind and use a screen reader to access my computer so forgive me for my errors posting. This is not an easy website to use for the blind! I have the following setup:

Schiit Lyr (original) currently using some Jan Philips 6922 tubes but I roll tubes every once in a while, just can't afford the Telefunken E288CC's that I want. I have some new Genelex that I will try out soon.

Schiit Bifrost with uSB and multibit upgrades.

I really like Schiit products and have slowly upgraded over the past couple years to where I am right now. Maybe someday I'll up to a Mjolnir?

I have Pangea power cables, a Charleston Cable RCA interconnects and Moon Audio Black Dragon USB connected in the middle of the two cables to a Schiit USB Decrappifier. My music server is a Dell XPS quad core with 500GB solid state drive and 32GB RAM. I use JPlay software along with Foobar to play FLAC and WAV files. I mainly listen to classic rock and pop and hard rock with some digressions intoclassical and female jazz vocalists.

I run the power out of an APC UPS that is plugged into a Leviton hospital grade wall outlet.

It's all kind of an entry-level wannabe audiophile setup I know but it sounds great to me.

Headphones are currently HEX V2's with a fine cable from Chris at Charleston Cable company; his "audiophile" level headphone cable in a 10 ft long format with the 1/4" termination.

I also have a pair of HFM HE 560 with a PlusSound Echo cable that I am looking to sell for $550 once I figure out how to post in the Headphones For Sale forum.

In the past I've owned BD DT-990's which I liked, PSb M4U's that I did not like and returned after they literally fell apart in one week, and Senn HD 650's that I really liked and HFM HE 500's that I also really liked. I obviously have a fondness for HiFiMan and love the Edition X V2's that I bought about a month ago for the most part. The clamping force is not quite tight enough to my liking but most people probably like it that way. My other headphones have the screw on type connection and I do like the change to the 2.5mm plugs.

If you reply to this post and I don't, it's only because I haven't figured out how to find and reply yet! :)

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #6,017 of 15,538
Hi. My name is Саша(Sasa), from Serbia. I love listening to favorite music on good in ear, over ear headphones. Best satisfaction with in ear/headphones have been Tennmak Pro, HIFIMAN I400, Shure SE846. Looking forward to interesting discussions about great in ear/headphones. Have a nice day.

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #6,018 of 15,538
Hi, I'm Andy.
I am looking for something which may not exist and may not even be possible. There are so-called stereo bluetooth single earphones. I am looking for a pair of bluetooth earphones, a left-hand one carrying the left track only and the right-hand one carrying the right track. They could be universal earphones for both ears with a track selection switch.
Both would connect via bluetooth. You would not need a physical connection ear to ear. Presumably one would get increased battery life from such an arrangement.
Does anyone know if such earphones are available? The switchable option above would lend itself to single ear use when required.
If the above is not possible, what is the reason? I doubt a track switch would add much to the cost and there would be the advantage that a manufacturer would have a single product which could sell singly or as a pair.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #6,019 of 15,538
Hey guys, I'm new to here. I'm from Indonesia and wants to introduce u guys with some of Indonesian modded cans (mainly earbuds and amps). Feel free to ask me if u had any question about Indonesian cans (mainly earbuds and amps)

Cool! I've heard a lot about Indonesian modded earbuds. welcome!

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #6,020 of 15,538
Hello, my user name is Almostbulletproof - long story - but my name is Peter. I am totally blind and use a screen reader to access my computer so forgive me for my errors posting. This is not an easy website to use for the blind! I have the following setup:

Schiit Lyr (original) currently using some Jan Philips 6922 tubes but I roll tubes every once in a while, just can't afford the Telefunken E288CC's that I want. I have some new Genelex that I will try out soon.

I really like Schiit products and have slowly upgraded over the past couple years to where I am right now. Maybe someday I'll up to a Mjolnir?

I have Pangea power cables, a Charleston Cable RCA interconnects and Moon Audio Black Dragon USB connected in the middle of the two cables to a Schiit USB Decrappifier. My music server is a Dell XPS quad core with 500GB solid state drive and 32GB RAM. I use JPlay software along with Foobar to play FLAC and WAV files. I mainly listen to classic rock and pop and hard rock with some digressions intoclassical and female jazz vocalists.

I run the power out of an APC UPS that is plugged into a Leviton hospital grade wall outlet.

It's all kind of an entry-level wannabe audiophile setup I know but it sounds great to me.

Headphones are currently HEX V2's with a fine cable from Chris at Charleston Cable company; his "audiophile" level headphone cable in a 10 ft long format with the 1/4" termination.

I also have a pair of HFM HE 560 with a PlusSound Echo cable that I am looking to sell for $550 once I figure out how to post in the Headphones For Sale forum.

In the past I've owned BD DT-990's which I liked, PSb M4U's that I did not like and returned after they literally fell apart in one week, and Senn HD 650's that I really liked and HFM HE 500's that I also really liked. I obviously have a fondness for HiFiMan and love the Edition X V2's that I bought about a month ago for the most part. The clamping force is not quite tight enough to my liking but most people probably like it that way. My other headphones have the screw on type connection and I do like the change to the 2.5mm plugs.

If you reply to this post and I don't, it's only because I haven't figured out how to find and reply yet! :)
Welcome, Peter! That is a very nice setup you've got. We are all very sorry about your wallet... ---)

Jul 10, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #6,021 of 15,538

You are going to need more time and posts to use the For sale and trade forum. You have got some really good gear also. So welcome to the community.

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #6,023 of 15,538
Hi all. I first bought a pair of beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm headphones to do Holosync meditation. Two years into the program, my dog chewed the end of my cord and 3.5 mm jack. I am now looking for a good thread to learn how to do a DIY replacement cable and jack for these headphones.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #6,024 of 15,538
Hi all. I first bought a pair of beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm headphones to do Holosync meditation. Two years into the program, my dog chewed the end of my cord and 3.5 mm jack. I am now looking for a good thread to learn how to do a DIY replacement cable and jack for these headphones.
Welcome, @Peecho!! Bummer about your canine. Why do they eat everything? I do not know. You should be able to find what you are looking for on the DIY board. Good luck!

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #6,028 of 15,538
Hi there - this is Meyer, in California. I joined this board on recommendation from a fellow resident on the Steve Hoffman boards. Looking for some assitance with a recently-purchased Fiio X5 2nd gen player, as well as some suggestions in the future about setting up a sound system in a home we recently moved into. Looking forward to learning some good stuff from everybody.

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #6,029 of 15,538
Currently In conjunction w/ an apple 5 device Sony mdr-v1 w/ grado pads,

IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #6,030 of 15,538
Hi everybody!

The name's Dave. I'm new here (obviously) and I'm just looking to get a little more into the world of headphones. I currently have a pair of ATH M50s that I'm looking to "graduate" from so to speak. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back