New Member Introductions thread
Aug 6, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #3,946 of 15,541
Hi! My name is Jae. I joined about a year ago. Reading the forums here helped me get HD650, Valhalla 2, ODAC rev b, and most recently Modi Multibit.
My previous gears were many cheap ear buds and ATH-M50. iPods, cell phones, and computer audio codecs were my amps and DACs.
For airplane travel, I use Bose Q25. Doesn't sound bad, but not as goods as HD650. But Q25's noise cancelling function works great.

I listen to all kinds of music. I love gear, but Head-Fi gear sure can get very expensive really quick @_@
But it's amazing how something you've listened to for years sound new again when you upgrade gear.

Thanks for great information everybody!
Hopefully, I can be of help in the future.

Cheers,
Jae

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #3,947 of 15,541
Name is Chris Mini. Sold my 2 channel mega-system about 4 years ago. Been a headphone buff every since mainly because it's all I can afford. Got about $2500 wrapped up in it. At least I don't have to worry about a crappy sounding listening room.

HiFiMAN HE-400's w/CablePro custom cable
AKG K702's
HeadRoom Micro Amp w/Astrodyne Power Supply
HeadRoom Micro DAC
PS Audio Duet AC Filter surge and spike protection
2 PS Audio Noise Harvesters
Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop
Pangea AC-14 Power Cable
Cardas 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect from amp to DAC 

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #3,948 of 15,541
Hello All, The name is Jeff and I am fairly new to the world of headphones. Have always been a big music guy (listen to a large variety), but discovering the world of headphones has just blown me away. Have a very small collection Fostex TH-00, TRP-50 MKIII, X2, and a set of B&O H8's for travel. Hope to set up a home listening set up. Thinking the Oppo HA-1 might be the right amp/dac set up for that. Right now I keep myself pretty mobile. I use a Mica OriGen+ through my laptop or mobile phone. Looking forward to reading and learning from everyone.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #3,949 of 15,541
Hey guys...all I ever wanted over these years since digital appeared was to listen to songs and feel the artist intent and emotions...who knew it'll be such a expensive struggle eh...currently feeding everything line stage into analogue valve stage headphone amp Elekit TU-HP01...and happy enuf...sam...

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #3,950 of 15,541
Hi guys, my name is Tom and I'm in the market for my first Hi-Fi/Mid-Fi gears. I'm looking at both Onkyo DP-X1 and FiiO X7, very difficult decision to make...Anyway, the posts in Head-Fi are very helpful. Can't wait to join the community!

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #3,951 of 15,541
Hello everyone! My name is Mark and am new to Head-Fi. Have been looking to get into some of the more high end headphones as I have always used cheap ones. Looking around the internet I stumbled on to this site and saw right away that it was a great source of information so here I am.

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,952 of 15,541
Hello my name is Claudio and I am a new member headfi with a passion for good music and personal audio headphones amplifier valves etc ... I hope to find a lot of useful information from the experts in this beautiful site! Thanks

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #3,953 of 15,541
Hi, 

I'm Alex, ex musician & committed audiophile, oh and I cook for a living.

Currently I'm using the following kit:

Headphones: Audeze LCD-3

Amplification: McIntosh C48, Primare P30 (as a DAC) and awaiting delivery of a Bryston BHA-1

But apart from the LCD-3's everything else is liable to change, as is this curse!!

looking forward to picking your brains!!

Cheers!

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3,954 of 15,541
Hey everybody. I'm introducing myself like I'm supposed to!:) My name is Anthony. I'm from the States (Oregon) but now live in Ecuador. I'm here (on head-fi, not Ecuador :wink: because I've recently discovered how much good headphones improve the experience. While I'm here I'll ask a question that's on my mind, and hopefully somebody out there understands what I'm trying to say:

I used to listen to Panasonic RP HJE355 because they were a best-under-$20 recommendation from CNET. Finally they broke and I've been looking for something else ever since. What I most liked about them was that I felt "close" to the music. Especially the vocals felt like I was in the same room with the music. I investigated as much as you can on the Internet and decided to get the Sony MDR 7506. I've been listening to them now for a few weeks and although I recognize that they are very clear, and let you hear every instrument and voice, I'm a little disappointed because they don't make me feel "close" to the artist. I'm not sure how better to describe what Im looking for. It had an "intimate" feel that I loved listening to in bed before going to sleep. I would like to get that back. I can spend a bit more than the $80 that the Sonys cost, but I don't just want to throw more money at it.

Doea anybody know what I'm talking about? Is it a result of going from in-ear to over-ear? I read about people wanting more "Soundstage" and I almost think that's the opposite of what I want. I want the vocals to sound like I'm in the same little room with the artist. Help me out! What am I trying to find? Thanks!

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,955 of 15,541
Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, being new to the world of headphones, you can learn what HP listening is all about. There's a whole lot more to it than slapping a pair of HP's on your head. Ask questions but be cautious. If something doesn't make sense, it probably doesn't.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #3,956 of 15,541
Hi,

I'm Svein Arne. I'm a 17 y/o guy from Norway, that just recently got into hifi. I've always enjoyed listening to music, and used to be what you can call a bass head. My young ears used to think that the quality of an audio setup, was meassured in how quickly stuff fell off your desk when you turned the volume up. For the next part, keep in mind that i had never listened to any headphone better than the akg k518dj straight from my pc.

Then i got a chance to listen to a pair of sennheiser HD800's at a lan i was on, and my world changed.
It felt like the person singing was right there with me. I had goosebumps. I didn't know music could sound that way.

So, afterwards i scouted through finn.no(basically norwegian craigslist)
And found a pair of basically unused HD700's, and in some way managed to get a deal at 2000NOK ($240). I have used them for 3 months, only amped through my old pioneer reciever, via analog out on my computer. Now, sometimes, i turn off the lights, lie back in my chair, and just sit for hours on end enjoying music. I just bought a maverick audio tubemagic D1, and i'm really looking forward to recieving it. I think i'm going to switch out the opamps and tube ASAP, so i'll have to find out what the best options are soon. I've heard that there is a thread here somewhere with all info on the d1, so i'll try and find that.

Cheers, and excuse my (hopefully not too bad) english

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3,957 of 15,541
Hi everyone!

I'm Charlie, 21yo, from UK.

I'm entirely new to forums as well as headphones...

Stumbled across this website whilst trying to find out what over ears would suit my needs... realised just how much thought can go into selecting some, so set up an account and started a thread last night in the hopes that someone here can help me out haha!

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #3,959 of 15,541
Hello all, I'm Gideon Lim (28 yo) from Indonesia, Finally this is my first post and glad to be here know all the things about "hype" audio gear around the world. I've always enjoyed listening to music since 2011 until now.

Grado already brought me to the next level of my experience listening ever and here i am now :D.

hopefully my english not bad or even mybe worse :p. Cheers!! Glad to be here.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #3,960 of 15,541
Junior head-fier here :) Newly minted, 18 years old, heralding from New Zealand.

There's something about a pair of great sounding, beautifully sculpted headphones that really gets my heart racing (and my wallet draining). 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back